Fighters who thank God after winning

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alot of fighters aren't brain surgeons, I get it. But like how annoying is it when a fighter wins a fight, then points to the sky and thanks God for being able to beat the sh*t out of another person?

Whether you believe in God or not, how stupid does a person have to be to think that an omnipotent being, if he/it exists, cares about two sweaty dudes beating each other to a bloody pulp in a cage somewhere?

They could believe in the ancient gods?

They would definitely approve of that

Original thread

stop being a taliban atheist - their right to do it, atheists can be a pain when they go militant and preachy

how condescending of you to put down fighters and say theyre stupid, especially if theyre believers

is sometheing wrong with you?

do u know how many geniuses today are christian? do u know how many imbeciles are atheists?

I'm an atheist but it's not as simple as you say. THey don't believe god helped them beat the shit out of the other person. They usually believe god gave them strength to achieve their goals and train hard, etc.

Let them be.

I'd like to thank God for giving me the strength to write this post.

Maybe they're thanking God for the opportunity and being healthy enough to compete?

P.S. I don't believe in the traditional 'God'.

Being able to fight requires a person to be healthy and have some level of natural talent. Thanking God for those things is an act of humility. The fact that it bothers you shows insecurity.

I'm an atheist but it's not as simple as you say. THey don't believe god helped them beat the shit out of the other person. They usually believe god gave them strength to achieve their goals and train hard, etc.
Exactly. Shouldn't be that hard for intelligent atheists to understand.

I dont believe in "god", but after the few serious fights I've been in, each time, for some unknown reason, I say, "Thank god".

Not sure whats going on here

I mean I heard of race baiting but religion baiting?!

Whatever one uses to make themselves a better person shouldn't be any of your concern.

I understand the feelings of resentment toward someone trying to push their beliefs on you but someone praising God for what they perceived gives them strength isn't harming you directly

You give atheist a bad name with that type of insensitivity

Last edited:
Being able to fight requires a person to be healthy and have some level of natural talent. Thanking God for those things is an act of humility. The fact that it bothers you shows insecurity.

The stupidity of it bothers me. If there is indeed a God, and that God is omnipotent, why would he possibly care that you just TKO'd someone?

They could believe in the ancient gods?

They would definitely approve of that

Yes, I'd love to see a fighter thank sumerian demons or some shit like that instead. It would be way more legit.

'I'd like to thank my lord Pazuzu, and send him my opponent's soul so he can devour it for eternity. I'd also like to thank my mom and Dana, where's that 50 grand baby?'

If this is the case, why would they think that God favored them because they just flatlined another human being? And how is that an acceptable "goal" in the eyes of them and their God?

If this is the case, why would they think that God favored them because they just flatlined another human being? And how is that an acceptable "goal" in the eyes of them and their God?

lol you're a troll and your thread was wastelanded. Are you proud of wasting your time?

Yes, I'd love to see a fighter thank sumerian demons or some shit like that instead. It would be way more legit.

'I'd like to thank my lord Pazuzu, and send him my opponent's soul so he can devour it for eternity. I'd also like to thank my mom and Dana, where's that 50 grands baby?'
it would be pretty funny if someone started out their post fight interview with - "first and foremost I'd like to thank SATAN. without him I wouldnt be where I am..."

it would be pretty funny if someone started out their post fight interview with - "first and foremost I'd like to thank SATAN. without him I wouldnt be where I am..."

I'd like to thank Satan my master who allowed me to destroy my opponent from the inverted crucifix position.

Back