Ferguson vs. Poirier

Poirier is a borderline journeyman with weak defense and a suspect chin who beat a shot Pettis.

Him getting this fight would be like in the mob movies where they give the guy the shovel to make him dig his own grave.

Dude is 8-1 in the most stacked division? Just because he hasn't got a ranked opponent doesn't mean he isn't for real.
Can't blame the man because the Top 15 are ducking him.
I'm not saying nothing bad at him... it's just reality that the lower end of the division is easier to get those wins. You start getting into the top 10 & thingz get a whole lot more difficult.. & destroyers start looking human again.

You know this. You must be hype for Vick yeah?

oh god this fight will happen and dustin will get some stupid win and conner will be ready to defend his belt against someone he has already beat the snot out of

The fight shouldn’t happen now but it’s a good one. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dustin starched him.

Stop. Rushing. Young. Talent.

Give him another 2-3 fights.

Last edited:
I'm not saying nothing bad at him... it's just reality that the lower end of the division is easier to get those wins. You start getting into the top 10 & thingz get a whole lot more difficult.. & destroyers start looking human again.

You know this. You must be hype for Vick yeah?

I get what you're saying and yeah, I'm pretty hyped up about Vick. I think he's a great dude and great fighter.
But you're right, the top 10 in Lightweight are crazy good and guys like Taisumov are also waiting for their chance at the Top 10, and I'd not see him winning that fight for example.
Still, he has Top 15 or Top 10 potential.

Dude is 8-1 in the most stacked division? Just because he hasn't got a ranked opponent doesn't mean he isn't for real.
Can't blame the man because the Top 15 are ducking him.
There are so many like this Usman, Vick, Anthony smith, etc- people no one wants to fight. Sad really. Cant move up if no one will fight u.

I remember when UFC made fights take it or bye now everyone picks and chooses.

Lol at Poirier vs the real Champ right now. Wowwwwwww.

There are so many like this Usman, Vick, Anthony smith, etc- people no one wants to fight. Sad really.

It's terrible for our sport.
UFC should start making this stuff public. If a fighter denies a fight, they should post it on twitter/facebook.

There are so many like this Usman, Vick, Anthony smith, etc- people no one wants to fight. Sad really. Cant move up if no one will fight u.

You're really putting Usman and Anthony Smith in the same sentence? You didn't watch the Lombard fight did you? He was getting his ass kicked until he found that glass chin in the 3rd. Usman is a future champ. I would duck Anthony Smith too nobody knows who he is he and he will never be top 10.

Poirier is not a prospect, how new are you? Dude fights in the UFC since more than 6 years, lol.
Prospect is the wrong word but he is still getting his footing at LW. He spent most of that time at FW. He is not ready to be thrown to the wolves.

I would go as far as putting Dustin on the same card as the next Ferg fight. That way if somebody drops out he could step in and be a reasonable opponent.

Big Diamond fan, but it's doubtful he is going to be considered for a title shot... He knows that.

There are so many match-ups at Lightweight and you wanna book Ferguson vs Poirier?

<{clintugh}>

Poirier should get the winner of Alvarez/Gaethje, and Barboza and Khabib fight for the shot at Ferguson.
Ferguson
Mcgregor
Barboza
Khabib
Gaethje
Alvarez
Poirier
Pettis

The UFC's 2018 lightweight tournament. Fuck bellator.

Back