Ferguson/Khabib betting.

2 out of 3 TONYs training partners picked Khabib to win, that should tell you something

Also for anyone interested, one of the first threads I ever posted on this website was saying Holly Holm was way overpriced against Ronda Rousey. You can check my post history to confirm.

I'm a professional poker player and make my living from gambling. In sports betting it's tough to find edges but I promise you Tony Ferguson is overpriced.

I agree with the holm thing and put down a buck on her at plus 700, because it had great value, also agree tony at plus 200 also has great value, the odds are based on public perception, most think khabib will win, so they have to put the number where they think they can get the public to bet about even and collect the juice

If Khabib gets Tony to the ground (and he will) Tony is going to get punished. Tony has got an awkward style to deal with but he is not that fast. Khabib bear mauling cardio machine! Ferguson won't have an answer for the ground pressure. Unless Tony can keep it on the feet it will be "GOOD NIGHT" Tony!

I agree with you @Frankel and I have money on Tony as well. Khabib relies on pressure and breaking his opponent, and I just think he'll have a hard time doing that to Tony, who soaks up pressure really well. He's extremely durable and has cardio for days, and that's despite being extremely active attacking with subs and strikes from everywhere, including elbows from the bottom. Khabib will not have an easy time either holding Tony down for five rounds, or finishing him. And though I do expect Khabib to get takedowns, Tony isn't exactly easy to take down. He has wrestling skills himself, while on the feet, he's a much better striker than Khabib, and contrary to what I've seen people saying, he does have power. I personally favor Tony to win because of all this, so for him to be as big an underdog as he is is crazy.

Btw, I'd stop using the word "overpriced" to describe Tony if I were you. That word typically means a thing is more expensive than it should be. And Tony's line is the opposite of that, as it's a great value bet.

I agree with you @Frankel and I have money on Tony as well. Khabib relies on pressure and breaking his opponent, and I just think he'll have a hard time doing that to Tony, who soaks up pressure really well. He's extremely durable and has cardio for days, and that's despite being extremely active attacking with subs and strikes from everywhere, including elbows from the bottom. Khabib will not have an easy time either holding Tony down for five rounds, or finishing him. And though I do expect Khabib to get takedowns, Tony isn't exactly easy to take down. He has wrestling skills himself, while on the feet, he's a much better striker than Khabib, and contrary to what I've seen people saying, he does have power. I personally favor Tony to win because of all this, so for him to be as big an underdog as he is is crazy.

Btw, I'd stop using the word "overpriced" to describe Tony if I were you. That word typically means a thing is more expensive than it should be. And Tony's line is the opposite of that, as it's a great value bet.

Totally agree with all your thoughts re. The bet.

'Overpriced' is a common way to describe a bet that gives more value than expected.

Totally agree with all your thoughts re. The bet.

'Overpriced' is a common way to describe a bet that gives more value than expected.
For sure, I've seen bettors use the word, and you aren't the first time I've argued this. I just think it's a poor choice of words and could potentially confuse people, since it literally means the opposite in all contexts outside of betting. Something overpriced is something that's too expensive. And that's the opposite of what value is. It's a bit like how in the UK we call our schools in the private sector "public schools". Like, that's literally the worst thing you could call it.

Khabib is just FINALLY getting his fair acceptance and being acknowledged as a kind of Mayweather of MMA.

I have a bet for

"Not khabib inside the distance" @-210

Tonys too tough. His cardios too good. He'll survive if he doesnt beat Khabib.

I would bet, but fight is a toss up.

For sure, I've seen bettors use the word, and you aren't the first time I've argued this. I just think it's a poor choice of words and could potentially confuse people, since it literally means the opposite in all contexts outside of betting. Something overpriced is something that's too expensive. And that's the opposite of what value is. It's a bit like how in the UK we call our schools in the private sector "public schools". Like, that's literally the worst thing you could call it.

Haha!

I can see this is a sensitive issue for you. I'll never make the mistake again!

Khabib is the rightful favorite. 60/40 for me.

Back