Fender Strats?

Ah true, well there you go. You sound like you have more interesting hobbies than me!

Im mixed with Portuguese and French as well so im a mess lol.

You've seen all my other stuff right?
The carvings and artwork (paintings).

Heres something I do too.
IMG_20230925_103153_01.jpg

Been transforming my side yard, this is my hibiscus bush.
I planted like 5-6 rose bushes, 4 hostas, a peony etc.

Im mixed with Portuguese and French as well so im a mess lol.

You've seen all my other stuff right?
The carvings and artwork (paintings).

Heres something I do too.
View attachment 1007983

Been transforming my side yard, this is my hibiscus bush.
I planted like 5-6 rose bushes, 4 hostas, a peony etc.

Yeah I've seen some of the paintings bro, very cool shit man.

And I"m excellent at killing shit in my yard, I wouldn't know how to approach things like your hibiscus!

Yeah I've seen some of the paintings bro, very cool shit man.

And I"m excellent at killing shit in my yard, I wouldn't know how to approach things like your hibiscus!

I started that hibiscus as a baby, it just really likes that spot I guess.
I just water everything, feed them organic feed and occasionally talk to them lol.

Just a thought, but if you like playing strats, you might want to look into Ibanez, especially if you're into playing metal. You can usually get a better bang for your buck with a strat-style Ibanez than you can with a Fender, plus you don't have to pay a premium for a humbucker bridge pickup.

If you do decide to go with a Fender though, I'd advise spending a bit more and going with an American made strat rather than a Mexican one. If you're a serious guitarist and you decide to save money by buying a Mexican strat, you're liable to at least make up the difference by swapping out parts. Mexican strats are strictly for students IMO.

The difference between a FR trem and a regular trem is that a FR can raise the pitch rather than just lowering it. If you mainly play rhythm, it's more trouble than it's worth (specifically because it makes tuning a pain in the ass)

Thanks for all of that. I should try an Ibanez, I actually was thinking about a 7 string at some point too, Ibanez seem to be the go for that I'd say.

I'm not a serious guitarist really but I'm happy to not skimp on price. Plus I've got a ESP E-II Eclipse which is ridiculously nice to play so my standards are probably higher now ha ha

Yeah I do mainly play rhythm, some solos, wouldn't mind fucking around with some Randy Rhoads/Dimebag shit with a tremolo, I'd better give it a go first.

Thanks again
I retract what I said about Mexican Fenders! I recently got to play a Player series Telecaster, and was pretty thoroughly impressed. It's basically as good as an American tele from ten years ago. It's definitely going to be my next guitar. I looked up some reviews on Player series strats, and it seems to be pretty much the same story. The only complaint I've seen is that the humbucker on Player fat strats still suck ass, but if you just swap that out with a Seymour Duncan you have a pretty damn good metal guitar.

I think just grab the best Strat you're willing to pay for, generally speaking. Do a bit of research on if they're worth their asking prices. Disregarding models with humbuckers, they all do the same job, but some will be higher quality than others.

Make sure you use them to their fullest too! Play some Hendrix, SRV, Blackmore, Gallagher, etc.

I think just grab the best Strat you're willing to pay for, generally speaking. Do a bit of research on if they're worth their asking prices. Disregarding models with humbuckers, they all do the same job, but some will be higher quality than others.

Make sure you use them to their fullest too! Play some Hendrix, SRV, Blackmore, Gallagher, etc.

Yeah that's the plan (and Iron Maiden of course!)

Back