Fedors OG coach from RTT gives interview

M-1 got a lot of hate because of UFC PR propaganda. But all they were doing is promote alternatives for MMA in the post-PRIDE climate. They made some awesome events with Affliction and Strikeforce. Even championed a neutral Championship and Rankings committee (WAMMA) which was sadly ahead of its time. UFC never believed in co-promotion so it had little chance to get off the ground, but the idea was genuine.

The fact that Putikov admits Vadim helped Fedor's salary go from 30-50k to 120k shows that he wasn't just some leech. He brought up his stock up 3 to 4 fold. The dude had his best interest, and actually worked to get it.

M-1 got a lot of hate because of UFC PR propaganda. But all they were doing is promote alternatives for MMA in the post-PRIDE climate. They made some awesome events with Affliction and Strikeforce. Even championed a neutral Championship and Rankings committee (WAMMA) which was sadly ahead of its time. UFC never believed in co-promotion so it had little chance to get off the ground, but the idea was genuine.

The fact that Putikov admits Vadim helped Fedor's salary go from 30-50k to 120k shows that he wasn't just some leech. He brought up his stock up 3 to 4 fold. The dude had his best interest, and actually worked to get it.

I dont know man. The recent events involving Vadim have been suspect to say the least. How the fuck does he go from being Fedor's "good friend" to having no ties with Fedor at all? He doesnt promote Fedors fights on his social media. Doesnt attend Fedors fights. Doesnt post anything about Fedor on his websites or social media, not even to wish him luck or to send him some love after his losses. Nothing. Back when Fedor was his cash cow Vadim acted like his best friend, now they have absolutely no ties. I think this is suspect and I think in the end Vadim ended up screwing Fedor over. Why else would they cut ties? Either its because Fedor fucked Vadim over or Vadim fucked Fedor over. You be the judge.

Why do people always blame Vadim and RTT?

Fedor's Original manager discovers him, Fedor leaves him (understandable) despite the fact that Fedor was making decent money back then for a guy that was only starting his career

RTT makes Fedor into a monster, Fedor leaves them..understandable but still...

Vadim makes Fedor into a multimillionare, Fedor leaves him, Vadim has nothing to do with him anymore..from what I've read about Vadim he seems like a pretty straight up guy..He has been running M-1 for two decades now and it is a huge service to Russian MMA..Vadim is not some kind of piece of shit that just came out from nowhere like that Yugoslavian agent that Fedor was buddies with.

Everything I've ever read about RTT and Vadim tells me that those guys looked after Fedor's interests and their own interests but Fedor always ended up leaving in the end

Also why does everyone believe that Yugoslavian guy that talked shit about RTT? Guy is a fucking agent and he should never be believed over the word of a legend like Volk han or even over the word of a long time promoter like Finklestien

It's cool to hate on Finkelstien but Finkelstien has done a lot for MMA. Volk Han and Finklestien were doing a lot for Russian MMA before Fedor even had his first fight...

After Fedor's weird religious turn, seperation from his wife, that wierd thing where he owned milliions of dollars to a local government, his fight with Kadyrov, his publc condemnation of Woman's MMA and his public bickering with his brother. The fight against Maldanado where the referee refused to stop the fight and where the judges refused to use their own judging criteria....Fedor sure is hard to suppor..I believe RTT and Vadim Finkelstien over Fedor and the people that hang around him

Also, Vadim and Volk never said a bad word about Fedor...That Yugoslavian sleazeball that was with Fedor sure fooled a lot of Fedor's fans into thinking Fedor was being taken advantage of every single time and that Fedor could do no wrong

Last edited:
I dont know man. The recent events involving Vadim have been suspect to say the least. How the fuck does he go from being Fedor's "good friend" to having no ties with Fedor at all? He doesnt promote Fedors fights on his social media. Doesnt attend Fedors fights. Doesnt post anything about Fedor on his websites or social media, not even to wish him luck or to send him some love after his losses. Nothing. Back when Fedor was his cash cow Vadim acted like his best friend, now they have absolutely no ties. I think this is suspect and I think in the end Vadim ended up screwing Fedor over. Why else would they cut ties? Either its because Fedor fucked Vadim over or Vadim fucked Fedor over. You be the judge.

There was definitely some bad blood leading to them parting ways. I do disagree they've cut complete contact. I saw Vadim posting meetings with Fedor in the past, since Fedor is head of the Russian MMA Union after all. Does Fedor still have that minority stake in M-1 Global?

Vadim's a businessman in his own right, so he wants money at the end of the day. But he's no Don King or Dana White.I don't see why Vadim would still push Fedor's fights on his social, given the split. Plus, its embarrassing how Fedor's recent decisions have been, maybe he he wants to keep his distance from that drama.

Back