Fedor x Sonnen Odds?

Renzo Machida

Carlson Gracie Lineage
@Orange
Reaction score
Can someone who understands oddsmaking make a prediction?

The Fedor enthusiasts are in full effect after the Mir KO so I’m thinking It will be

Fedor -275
Chael +200

Fedor -230
Sonnen +200

Thats around my guess

Betting on a Fedor finishing the fight would be a good bet.

The same as Khabib ripping Connor's head off in the first round.

Time to get a little revenge for Wand. Fedor by brutal TKO. You can play your little takedown pitter patter game but Fedors too strong will explode escape or sub.

Fedor better be prepared to stop takeodwns and to wrestle at a high pace for a whole round while also being careful and not getting caught by a sneaky punch during a level change the same way Anderson got dropped by Sonnen.

I think if Fedor can keep Sonnen from taking him down for a round, Sonnen will gas and get discouraged like he always does and thats where Fedor will only have to hit him once to make him turn to his side and wait for the ref to save him.

Fedor is old and his wrestling , his balance, his back and legs and endurance will be tested in this fight and I hope he prepares himself for that.

When guys say that one of the best grapplers in mma history should avoid going to the ground with Chael Sonnen, we really know how bad Fedor is at this moment in his career.

I'd be genuinely shocked if he didn't open at at least a four to one favorite. Chael is going to struggle to get Fedor down, and he doesn't have the power to make things competitive on the feet. I think Fedor will wind up on top in a failed Sonnen takedown attempt and Chael will just give up and get pounded out like he always does when his plan a fails.

I'm gonna bet big on Sonnen by knockout. Hopefully it's at least 10-1. Fedor's chin is fragile glass these days and Sonnen's striking looked much improved vs Rampage.

For some reason I think Chael.

Back to basics wrestling against a slower Fedor. His wrestling still works and I think he'll hump Fedor on the ground. The question is whether he can do it for 3 rounds...?

If he can take Rampage and Wand down and control them, I don't see why he cant take an aging Fedor down, he might just sub Fedor if Fedor isn't careful

His submission grappling has improved considerably, he almost caught Tito and he competes quite regularly at world class events - Metamoris, ADCC, etc.

Back