Fedor Emelianenko | A Career Analysis (Video Essay)

Fedor had 23 fights from 2000-2004.

Cain had 4 fights in the last 5 years.

Fedor was tested less than 10 percent of his MMA career and fought in an organization that promoted steroid usage. Dude was not clean. Got mopped when he came to the states and fought top fighters too! Your idol was face down ass up ko’d by old man Henderson LOLZ

Taking steroids in an organization that promote steroids usage is not cheating.

Cheating is taking steroids in an organization that ban peds usage.

The last half of your post is just crap.
Fedor always fought top guys, not only when he lost. And No shame in lossing to Hendo. He was in his best run and was the LHW champ.. ask that to Stipe.

The point is jones is a cheater and GSP remove all peds cheaters from goat list. Fact. Time to deal with it.

right here;
troll-trollface-geek-internet-forum-9gag-meme-fuck-fuck-you-middle-finger-face-rage-comic-retro-vintage-smile-suit-tie-angry-insult.jpg

Damn you big mad or little mad after proven wrong?!?!

Fedor always fought top guys, not only when he lost. And No shame in lossing to Hendo. He was in his best run and was the LHW champ.. ask that to Stipe.

The point is jones is a cheater and GSP remove all peds cheaters from goat list. Fact. Time to deal with it.

Point me to the tests that fedor took under MMA?? You claim he was tested…but it was less than 10 percent in his career…he is not natty so he can’t be in natty goat conversation. Either way even if you do put him in natty goat he is still well behind GSP AND DC.

I would turn it around and say that Fedor himself by looks and never failing a test was much less likely to be a PED user but due to lack of Pride testing its very highly he fought many heavy PED users.

Guys like Coleman, Randleman and Fujita were all IMHO almost certainly heavy steroid users and argeuly that's part of why Coleman in Pride actually held up so well physically into his 40's.

Theoretically, if DC beats Stipe again and gets a win over Jon. Wouldnt his record be the GOAT one?

the GOAT Heavyweight one? Absolutely not. It wouldn't be the best record of all time period either.

I love DC but his resume is genuinely small. Huge heights but his LHW career spans 9 fights, and all of those wins aren't nice. He would have had a much better claim had he stayed at heavyweight but Cain Velasquez hindered that for him.

I would turn it around and say that Fedor himself by looks and never failing a test was much less likely to be a PED user but due to lack of Pride testing its very highly he fought many heavy PED users.

Guys like Coleman, Randleman and Fujita were all IMHO almost certainly heavy steroid users and argeuly that's part of why Coleman in Pride actually held up so well physically into his 40's.

By 2006 when Fedor fought Coleman in vegas, Coleman was washed, he was 41. Coleman was rock solid from 2000-2004 in PRIDE, but that was his late 30's, which holds up to most heavyweights in the division.

By 2006 when Fedor fought Coleman in vegas, Coleman was washed, he was 41. Coleman was rock solid from 2000-2004 in PRIDE, but that was his late 30's, which holds up to most heavyweights in the division.

I would say 2006 Coleman was showing some signs of decline but wasn't washed out, he was still pretty agile and powerful and didn't gas in 2-3 mins. It was when he turned up in the UFC in 2009 he was clearly a shadow of himself, that could potentially be due to a lack of PEDs(although he could have used TRT) or perhaps just injuries and age catching up to him.

I think he would without a doubt be considered GOAT if he retired after the silva or werdum fights. But the fact that he has fought on for so long - and lost fights many though he should have won. Taints his GOAT status.
That is the only reason it is controversial.
If Jones loses to Gus, then loses to DC - people will call him a can crusher.
is normal when people lose a few....
He’s 7-2 in the time frame after you mentioned he should have retired.

I believe it’s those who were so anxious to write his entire career off after 2 losses as if the entire previous decade never happened that claim his 38-5 legacy is tainted.

Fedor's peak ability in terms of being 'above the curve' compared to everyone else has not been matched by any fighter past or present.

And still fighting at a high level and winning.... IMO he's the GOAT

During his reign, and at his best, certainly the most 'undefeatable' I've ever seen and I've been watching MMA since the get go

He’s 7-2 in the time frame after you mentioned he should have retired.

I believe it’s those who were so anxious to write his entire career off after 2 losses as if the entire previous decade never happened that claim his 38-5 legacy is tainted.
7-2 against who though..... Chael.... Don't get me wrong - I like fedor. But his 7-2 looks somewhat "padded".. He actually lost to Henderson! For some reason I thought he won, but jeez...

7-2 against who though..... Henderson.. A VERY old Henderson. who has made MW.. Chael.. Don't get me wrong - I like fedor. But his 7-2 looks somewhat "padded"..
Fair to say that 7-2 hasn’t done anything to improve his legacy but not to say it tainted it.
Considering his age and mileage it’s fortunate we get to see his fights that are never boring. If he wins the HW tourney then it’s just another notch.

As a completley biased crocop fan..... Fedor is the goat imo..... Oh how I wanted cop to finish him! One of the greatest fights of all time imo

Edit: if there was ever a legacy fight I'd want to see it's fedor vs crocop 2

If you weren't into this sport in the early to mid 2000s, it's hard to explain. So I won't bother. Just research the opinions of other fighters during that era. He was universally regarded as the greatest fighter.

If you weren't into this sport in the early to mid 2000s, it's hard to explain. So I won't bother. Just research the opinions of other fighters during that era. He was universally regarded as the greatest fighter.
Dana smear campaign worked briefly

Dana smear campaign worked briefly

Although I think was notable is that UFC spiel doesn't last, fighters can ride high on it for awhile depending on more gullible viewers but when the UFC isn't pushing someone anymore the hype dies very fast.

Mah niggha Forrest finally getting his due, love it.

In terms of all time GOAT, there's definently a debate between Fedor, Jones, GSP and Anderson. But I just can't believe the people that put Cain over Fedor in the HW GOAT discussion. Cain basically fought 8 times in 8 years, went 6-2 and those are supposed to be his PRIME years. Sure, he had some great wins, but his inactivity and not as impressive resume puts him out of the discussion. Only heavyweights that can rival Fedor's resume are Big Nog and Junior. Fedor beat Big Nog twice and Junior's reign as the number 1 heavyweight just wasn't long enough. Fedor's the obvious GOAT.

Mah niggha Forrest finally getting his due, love it.

In terms of all time GOAT, there's definently a debate between Fedor, Jones, GSP and Anderson. But I just can't believe the people that put Cain over Fedor in the HW GOAT discussion. Cain basically fought 8 times in 8 years, went 6-2 and those are supposed to be his PRIME years. Sure, he had some great wins, but his inactivity and not as impressive resume puts him out of the discussion. Only heavyweights that can rival Fedor's resume are Big Nog and Junior. Fedor beat Big Nog twice and Junior's reign as the number 1 heavyweight just wasn't long enough. Fedor's the obvious GOAT.

Cain is Fedor's favorite fighter srs.

Back