Fedor Emelianenko | A Career Analysis (Video Essay)

Forrest Sowa is doing God's job. If you are on sherdog now Forrest then know this, I appreciate your work.

When talking about quality of opponents in the Japanese scene I think one thing that is often forgetten is that whilst yes fighters would add in extra matches against lower or mid level comp during their peak years they would also start much stronger.

I mean RINGS when Fedor fought there wasn't some small org, it actually had a case for being the #2 org in the world after Pride(it stole Randy from the UFC for example) and he was fighting a mix of opponents including guys like Arona and Babalu at a point were modern fighters would just be padding their records with nobodies.

I don't care about GOATS...Fedor is the reason I love MMA. I liked MMA just fine when it was on VHS tapes from Blockbuster, but the first time I saw a Fedor highlight video (around 2006 or so) I was hooked and Fedor was my favorite. I immediately went to mmacore (I think that's what it was called) and looked up every fight I could, discovering more Pride stuff along the way.

I don't care who passes Fedor in GOAT status or who your personal GOAT is, Fedor is legend. Period.

The true GOAT. None of this P4P crap to hype midgets who would get crushed by the so called "cans" Fedor demolished.

If he somehow beats Bader, he needs to retire on top of the throne. It's a nice story to see a career resurgence. But he's clearly passed his prime. It doesn't mean he still can't show he still has something left to give, he does. But I hate seeing fighters going on a long string off losses before they're finally forced to quit. Especially once great fighters.

Probably the most telling point really though is about Nog being underrated. I mean the losses to Fedor make it hard to state a case for him being the GOAT BUT I think he does have a case for potentially being above anyone else, maybe not a definitive case but personally I would definitely have him above both Anderson and Aldo.

Theoretically, if DC beats Stipe again and gets a win over Jon. Wouldnt his record be the GOAT one?

I would add as well that I think a fight like Fujita matters more than just his status, Serra didn't have great stastus vs GSP, Chonan didn't have great status vs Anderson, etc but they still lost to them.

That's why not just ranking wins but looking at loses is important even if the loses are upsets, I mean Fedor fought loads of guys who could have been the one to catch him, it just happened to be Fujita yet he was still able to survive and finish him in the same round.

Fedor and GSP were tested in MMA.

also, nobody care about your top 4. GSP has spoken, respect your goat.

Fedor was tested less than 10 percent of his MMA career and fought in an organization that promoted steroid usage. Dude was not clean. Got mopped when he came to the states and fought top fighters too! Your idol was face down ass up ko’d by old man Henderson LOLZ

Where did I brag about my “fake colored belt” in the post you quoted there Einstein?!?!?
right here;
troll-trollface-geek-internet-forum-9gag-meme-fuck-fuck-you-middle-finger-face-rage-comic-retro-vintage-smile-suit-tie-angry-insult.jpg

imagine bragging about your fake colored belt on sherdog dot com

LOL Right!?! Must be a badass IRL.... seriously guy needs to calm down. Someone disagrees OMG!

to the OP, cool video. Love me some Fedor. So glad I was alive and watching MMA for his career.

Fedor was tested less than 10 percent of his MMA career and fought in an organization that promoted steroid usage. Dude was not clean. Got mopped when he came to the states and fought top fighters too! Your idol was face down ass up ko’d by old man Henderson LOLZ

And your idol was face down in a pile of cocaine....

Like USADA works lmfao

People seriously need to stop comparing people in different weight classes....

There is absolutely no such thing as a singular greatest fighter of all time......there are however GOATS of weight classes and or eras.

Fedor is the GOAT HW.

How many UFC hws outside of DC could make it out of a 10min first round?

PRIDES HW Division was better then the UFCs the entire time it existed and fedor ran that shit along with a world class undefeated combat sambo career for a decade............that is absolutely insane!!!!!

Back