Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
You knew this poll was eventually going to be made.

Metal-Gear-Solid-1-480x360.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-2-Sons-of-Liberty-23-PNQOAJ9QLI-1024x7681.jpeg

1326-metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Front-Cover-17833.jpg

MGS1 gets the nod for me, but MGS3 is just a bit behind.

MGS1 was revolutionary for me. It was the first game I played that truly felt like I was a battlehardened badass, a lone agent on a mission to save the world from a nuclear holocaust. The characters, storyline, stealth gameplay, epic boss battles, plot twists (the first that really amazed me), and multiple endings made this one of the most memorable gaming experiences of my lifetime.

MGS3 is damn near up there as well, the two things that are undeniably better than MGS1 is the graphics and gameplay. The gameplay is debatedly the best in the series, and the graphics are some of the most beautiful on the PS2. The plotline is great, the Boss is one of the most compelling characters in the series, The End is the commonly ranked among the best Boss Battles of all time, and the finale is one of the best I've ever experenced.

So, why does MGS3 fall to MGS1 by a decimal point? I never cared for MGS3's boss characters, like at all (except for Boss, of course), and Volgin is one of the more lame villians I can recall. While MGS1 has the best cast of villians in a single game, in the history of interactive media.

MGS4 was a 10/10 and one of the top 3 games of the last gaming generation. It's the best conclusion a game series has ever had.

MGS2 was alright, still a 9/10 game, but in a game series of such quality of MGS, it's flaws stand out.

I'm going to have to go with 3 because Big Boss has such a much more interesting story than Solid does, but MGS1 has a shit ton of nostalgia for me even though I had no idea what the story was at the time because I was young.

Also, 2 is forever going to be one of those games that left too much of bad taste in gamers mouths because of Kojimas shenanigans, it's a really solid game though.

ahhh very close between 1 and 3 but had to go with 3 because of that awesome story. The cqc introduction also helped it out haha

You can't top the original.

MGS3 in my mind is the GOAT, the first one is a close second and I love Peace Walker since it has so much side missions and boss battles

Also, on a side note, I have pretty good feeling MGS5PP is going to be my new favorite once it comes out.

Never played 3 or 4 I'm ashamed to admit. Seems like fanboys typically says MGS3, and they would probably know best.

MGS1. It's simply one of the greatest games ever made.

MGS1. It's simply one of the greatest games ever made.
Best atmosphere, best soundtrack, best voice acting, and before the story started going full potato.

Last edited:
MGS3 gets my vote. Great boss battles, awesome soundtrack and it has my favorite version of Ocelot. I also like the ability to hold down one of the shoulder buttons to see a different point of view during cut scenes.

Went with 3. The first 3 are all incredible games in their own right imo.

2 doesn't get enough credit IMO, the first chapter (Snake on the tanker) especially, though somewhat short, is breathtaking in it's attention to detail. The game as a whole is truly awesome.

All 4 games are top notch titles.

2 might be the most disappointed I've ever been with a game.

Going from Snake on the tanker to doing nude acrobatics as a girly guy and battling the La Loo La Loo Luigi. :(

Going from Snake on the tanker to doing nude acrobatics as a girly guy and battling the La Loo La Loo Luigi. :(

That shit's funny. :icon_lol:

I loved 2 even though you got switcheroo'd two hours in and the story got pretty convoluted. MGS3 is king though, one of the best games ever made.

Back