Favorite Guns N' Roses song?

My World... (not) , Locomotive is the song I probably listen to the most.

Honorable mentions:
Dust N Bones, Sweet Child O Mine, One in a Million, Perfect Crime, Bad Apples... (I prefer the UYI set over AFD).

Apettite is an all killers, no filler album. I'd probably go with Paradise City.

Any song that comes off an album not named Appetite for Destruction or G N' R Lies is wrong.

I have to go with Rocket Queen and Mr. Brownstone

Top 5 in this order...

1. Rocket Queen
2. One in a Million
3. Night Train
4. Yesterdays
5. Estranged

I think they hit way too massive of a homerun with "Appetite for Destruction". It was so fucking good, that anything they put out after that would only be compared to that first album. The follow up albums were very good, but still came up short.

I'm not much of a Pearl Jam fan, but "Ten" was really great, everything else since then is only compared to "Ten" (by me anyway) and has completely sucked.
Ten was a perfect album (every single song is absolutely great, which is a rarity), but Yield, Vs, and Vitalogy are all phenomenal albums.

Welcome to the Jungle...Live at the Ritz

My World... (not) , Locomotive is the song I probably listen to the most.

Honorable mentions:
Dust N Bones, Sweet Child O Mine, One in a Million, Perfect Crime, Bad Apples... (I prefer the UYI set over AFD).

Dude, out of nowhere this morning, I was just thinking about how terrible My World was and still is. And then, as if I willed it into existence, this thread found its way back to the front page.

Top 5 in this order...

1. Rocket Queen
2. One in a Million
3. Night Train
4. Yesterdays
5. Estranged
Solid picks. Some other favorites of mine are Back off Bitch, 14 Years, Don't Damn Me, and Pretty Tied Up. You know, there really isn't a bad song on Illusion 1 or 2 (except My World, of course).

REally no reason to necro this. GNR only made so many songs, and all have been touched upon.
Not true. I didn't see Welcome to the Jungle mentioned until I bumped it, but that's not the point anyway. Bumping it gives more people a chance to respond and give their opinions...

Rocket Queen. Appetite or GTFO.

Fans_war_face.gif

Rocket Queen and My Michelle are my favorites.

That's a tough call, so many to choose from.

From Appetite I'll lean towards Rocket Queen.

The Use Your Illusion albums were so diverse it's hard to make a decision on one. Estranged holds a special place for me though. I went through a divorce shortly after UYI 1&2 came out, and of course Estranged is an all-time great breakup song. I remember sitting in my room getting drunk and high listening to that song over and over and feeling this epic Armageddon-level pain and sadness. Oddly enough I look back on it as a fond memory, I guess you could call it a beautiful pain, if that makes any goddam sense to anyone.

Damn it's nice to see Rocket Queen getting so much love here.

It ain't all poseurs up in this bitch.

Not the most popular choice, but I love listening to this song when I'm blazed.

Back