Favorite Boardwalk Empire Scene

I wish it could have ended properly. I felt the writer were told to end the show in a season but they struggled because some arc were planned to go on longer than that. Though I had a lot of fun watching it. Gyp is my favourite antagonist.

Yeah, they were told to end it prematurely as Winter was asked to write for a new show by HBO. Still, for what they had to work with for season 5 I thought they actually did a great job tying most things up.

Gyp was an all time great for sure. He was the perfect madman, gave way to some of the most legendary scenes too. And we also got to see Richard go Terminator that season too.

tumblr_mgxhwrrBdr1qa9ugno1_500.gif

Harrow was such a bad ass in the show. I also liked Van Alden freaking out at almost every situation

This was gangsta.
Chalky doesn’t even get out his seat, the rest of the prisoners whoop the dudes ass who tried him

Boardwalk Empire was my all time favorite show

The imagery from the death scenes are some of the most haunting things I've seen on tv(If i recall they did three). That was my favorite scene though Nucky's was most depressing(scene of him as a kid swimming after the coin)

Harrows Death is art imo. It’s as good as television has ever seen. This is movie quality

Jimmies final scene with Nucky had me legit in shock and angry. Haven't felt that way at a show since the sopranos ending lol.

Boardwalk was a great show but kind of went off the rails when they had Jimmy sleep with his own mom, and the show needed like 10 seasons, can’t believe they killed Rothstien off screen

This was my favorite scene after Jimmy bit the dust. Show was different after that -

Richard was my favorite character after Jimmy, and him killing a house hold of mobsters to take care of Jimmy's son was great.

love this scene

Jimmy's death is one of the best scenes I've watched in a show. It was so true to his character too.

This whole episode featured some of the best writing any show has ever had in a single episode. all the symbolic stuff like Jimmy telling Richard to come home from the Trenches and removing his knife from his boot. The whole season was perfectly built up to this point.

That part at the end when he’s in the trenches is just awesome.

So many great scenes.

Nah, The Walking Dead (which you & I both watch) is stupid. Boardwalk Empire is a smart show

Man, I tried so hard to love this show. Never missed an episode; it just never got there for me.

It had moments of absolute brilliance, and some of the elements were transcendent, but overall the storytelling was weak.

Steve Buscemi was fantastic, it's a shame his arc fizzled out completely. I respect the fact the writers didn't give him an epic ending, and allowed him to fail utterly, but was confounded by the execution. I found myself wondering why his was a story worth telling, and ultimately, it was not.

Still, I'm glad I watched it. They did so many things right.

Nah, The Walking Dead (which you & I both watch) is stupid. Boardwalk Empire is a smart show
Lol. Actually still haven’t watched the latest season of walking dead.

But I just call this show dumb to annoy him. I didn’t even watch the video xD

Lol. Actually still haven’t watched the latest season of walking dead.

But I just call this show dumb to annoy him. I didn’t even watch the video xD

its too late u already watched a few episodes of BWE and said you liked it. fool

Man, I tried so hard to love this show. Never missed an episode; it just never got there for me.

It had moments of absolute brilliance, and some of the elements were transcendent, but overall the storytelling was weak.

Steve Buscemi was fantastic, it's a shame his arc fizzled out completely. I respect the fact the writers didn't give him an epic ending, and allowed him to fail utterly, but was confounded by the execution. I found myself wondering why his was a story worth telling, and ultimately, it was not.

Still, I'm glad I watched it. They did so many things right.

I loved the show, and I really liked the ending. I found the whole child molestation & coverup reveal to be impactful. The show ended on a bit of a rush, there are things they could have explored more, but overall I enjoyed that final mini-season & was glad they were able to have it to give the show some kind of a wrap.

the production value & attention to detail are top notch.

there are way too many awesome scenes, but towards the end of the final season I was pretty fucking disturbed by Gillian & Nucky's past.

edit: this scene in particular

Back