Favorite Boardwalk Empire Scene

say what you want about hte final season

but it had some fucking tremendous acting

I hated Gretchen Mol's character but man....felt bad for her in the end

When Capone beats a guy to death in a bar just because he told Al's friend he smelled. That's what friends are for.

Richard Harrow's death scene. Right in the feels

That scene where the writers ran out of ideas and just killed an interesting character off. I think it was in season 2...or 3...or 4....or 5.
Seriously, this show was the anti-GOT in terms of character death meaning anything.
EDIT: Sounds a bit harsh. I'll say season one is top to bottom excellent. Here's a scene...

Last edited:
Richard Harrows death is about as good of scene as you'll ever see on television. It's a beautiful scene.

I wish it could have ended properly. I felt the writer were told to end the show in a season but they struggled because some arc were planned to go on longer than that. Though I had a lot of fun watching it. Gyp is my favourite antagonist.

I wish it could have ended properly. I felt the writer were told to end the show in a season but they struggled because some arc were planned to go on longer than that. Though I had a lot of fun watching it. Gyp is my favourite antagonist.

I hated that character, but that's how you know he's a great actor. He played that part really well.

When the show was on and I was watching it every weekend I got bored with it, but a while later I binged on it and I enjoyed it.

I really like Buscemi, if it wasn't for him I would have never even gave that show a second thought. I'm not into too many gangster flicks.

The whole montage showing where the characters lives were heading before leading into Richard Harrows death was superb. Fantastic song to top it off too.

When whatever the fuck her name (Nucky's squeeze, played by the drunk broad) stripped in front of whatever her name was (Nucky's future wife) in the clothing store.

Also when Gretchen Mol's character (credit a poster above for remembering names) got into the verbal humiliation scene with Gyp Rosetti(sp?).

Harrow's death was stupid. He was a soldier and had no emotion when killing. Then suddenly, when his future and Tommy's relies on shooting a piece of shit, he freezes up? Poor writing. This is the same dude who went on a legit seek and destroy, terminator level killing spree. May as well have let him make it out for the happy ending. Not like he was a good guy, anyway.

Last edited:

When he steals the Napoleon hat and walks down the dock i was cracking up. He was a great antagonist.

Richard Harrows death is about as good of scene as you'll ever see on television. It's a beautiful scene.

The imagery from the death scenes are some of the most haunting things I've seen on tv(If i recall they did three). That was my favorite scene though Nucky's was most depressing(scene of him as a kid swimming after the coin)

When Jimmy fucked his mom.

But really, the scene/montage that led up to Jimmy dying.

Because he fucked his mom.

Jimmy's death is one of the best scenes I've watched in a show. It was so true to his character too.

This whole episode featured some of the best writing any show has ever had in a single episode. all the symbolic stuff like Jimmy telling Richard to come home from the Trenches and removing his knife from his boot. The whole season was perfectly built up to this point.

Last edited:
Back