FAQ Update: Beginner/Intermediate Routines

Since I'm a bit lazy to go through all the pages, has the deload issue been added to the FAQs?

As in like not following the specific program per Se, but is it possible to do the lifts from starting strength with the same sets and reps and everything but kind of do it indefinitely and Just increase the weight as you feel comfortable

I suppose you could though you could also simply to a similar program that has slower progress built in. I feel that the Texas Method is a natural progression from Starting Strength.

If you were to stay on SS I think you should try to define some sort of progress e.g. how often to increase weight, when to mix in lighter days, when to increase reps instead of weight etc. so you have something you can push yourself toward.

Since I'm a bit lazy to go through all the pages, has the deload issue been added to the FAQs?

Yes it's in the FAQ, post #2. Though you do realize this thread isn't the S&P FAQ right? This thread is only about programs specifically.

As in like not following the specific program per Se, but is it possible to do the lifts from starting strength with the same sets and reps and everything but kind of do it indefinitely and Just increase the weight as you feel comfortable

Ive seen a 5x5 program laid out like that, where you do 5x5 and when you complete all the sets and reps you add 5lbs, if you cant complete all the sets and reps with that increase you keep trying until you can, and then add another 5lbs.

That wouldn't work nearly as well (if at all) as using a program that's suitable for were you are in terms of training.

At a certain point you need variation stimuli, and you need to vary the training load, you need easier days, and harder days.

Thanks for this awesome page. I'm not sure where I fall in this category. But, I have lifted before. Though I apparently am not very good at form at all. How would I possibly be able to check on form? I am thinking 5x5 is something I should look into doing. I have done it before but I hurt myself while doing it.

Thanks for this awesome page. I'm not sure where I fall in this category. But, I have lifted before. Though I apparently am not very good at form at all. How would I possibly be able to check on form? I am thinking 5x5 is something I should look into doing. I have done it before but I hurt myself while doing it.

Film a video or two, dude. Then make a thread, we're more than happy to help.

Any good links for information about Sheiko? The one in the FAQ isn't working.

Back