FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.2: Gameplay & Features Discussion - No Graphics Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting to a point where I feel I can use up most of my ammo with quality weapons. Favorite so far is the "Spray and Pray" sub machine gun I bought from the wandering merchant Cricket. Has a 100 round mag, suppressor, and explosive rounds that does some pretty nasty AoE. Only problems is it really chews through my .45 ammo. Also finding that with Gun Nut at rank 2, you can slap on some pretty sweet mods to the 10mm hand gun. With a suppressor and the calibrated hardened receiver you can sneak around and wreck most enemies(at level 16 anyways) before they know what hit them. Ended up dumping a few of my .38 pipe weapons since they've been out classed. Just sell the ammo for caps now.

Lol already encountered a potentially game breaking bug where I can't go up the elevator to talk to the mayor in diamond city, the doors wont open. This game sucks hahahaha I feel conned out of 80 bucks

How many hours have U
Put in?

First Bethesda game?

i went to a quarry type area and cleared out a few turrets and some raiders. Some raiders were in power armor. It took 5 stim packs but I got it done. I was using a combat shotty and a few times I had a cool mele animation where I slammed people down. Keep in mind my strength is at like 15. Anyone else have this happen?

I just got done with that area. Keep exploring that mine, you wont be disappointed.

How many hours have U
Put in?

First Bethesda game?

Don't bother with that clown. He wants nothing more than to hate this game as proof in the "Fallout 4 is WACK" thread. Hell, he went as far as to complain about the game being "linear" in that thread.

I added like 10000 carry weight in the console because I can't be fucking bothered with encumbrance.

tumblr_inline_ndq1fjOmr21s159p3.gif

And get like +100 weight and have to make more trips to my base and more trips to every zone for scavenging. Encumbrance doesn't add difficulty, merely inconvenience and considering this game is single player, I have no problem changing the experience to add to my enjoyment.

Store your junk in workshops all around Commonwealth. Any aligned settlement you can store stuff in and it won't disappear. There is a Charisma perk called Local Leader too which will allow you to set up supply lines. Which, in turn, will allow you to take anything stored in workshops and you will have instant access to them. Great way to build up settlements quick.

You can also use your companion as a pack mule, wear "pocketed" equipment. That's what I've been doing. Also use fast travel.

When I do a replay I'm definitely going more Charisma. Pretty useful perks not like the previous Fallouts. I've failed so many damn speech attempts too. Can't bed Piper cause I keep "failing" flirting.

im more of a stealth person, and i don't like automatic weapons and power armor, i got a 308 caliber sniper (does around 75 damage), a combat shotgun (does around 130 dmg), and Reba II (50 caliber sniper you get after a quest does around 105 dmg, so far my favorite gun).

Also getting luck level 2 and having the ability to find more ammo is awesome, from 2 containers i got like 50 rounds of 50 caliber

When I do a replay I'm definitely going more Charisma. Pretty useful perks not like the previous Fallouts. I've failed so many damn speech attempts too. Can't bed Piper cause I keep "failing" flirting.

Switch to Curie and be nice to people. Synth girls are easy. :icon_lol:

The game already allows you to carry an unrealistic amount of shit, removing that limit just makes it all the worse. Why not just give yourself unlimited health and ammo? Why even play the game?

Its like that image someone posted earlier showing all the items. What the fuck is the point of playing a game if you're going to just throw the entire purpose of it out the window?

Enjoying it so far. I am knocking out the minuteman missions left and right. I went for a cowboy type build. Strong in using semi auto rifles and pistols.

Found like a 50 cal hunting rifle shits like an elephant gun takes down legendaries like Holm took down Rousey. Is this game to easy for anyone else even on survival? I'm only level 15 but pretty much everything I have encountered I kill with ease

Is there a level cap? I've googled and some places say 50 and some say there is no cap.

Don't bother with that clown. He wants nothing more than to hate this game as proof in the "Fallout 4 is WACK" thread. Hell, he went as far as to complain about the game being "linear" in that thread.

Calm down buddy just because I don't think it's goty material doesn't mean you gotta get your panties in a twist, somebody must be mad Ronda got murdered. Gave the game a second go yesterday, still a 6.5, and yes I did encounter a potentially game breaking bug where I can go in the elevator to speak to the mayor of diamond city, but the doors won't open so I'm stuck in the elevator. Sorry the game isn't that great and has bugs like all Bethesda games, guess Witcher 3 just spoiled the RPG party for me cause it was so good, don't gotta be a butt hurt fanboy because what I had to say wasn't infinite praise for a 7 at best.

Only complaint I really have is that it's mostly the same music from FO3 with a couple of new songs. Unless I just haven't found all of the radio towers that is.

Agreed with this. Some of these songs I'm still sick of from playing FO3 like 5 years ago, most are good songs and all but I wish they had added some more new ones.

Most of the bugs can be solved by quicksaving and reloading in front of the bug. I know it can be a hassle but it does work most of the time. Try to save before taking the elevator and just reload a couple of times to see if it works.

Of course, I can't guarantee it will solve the problem but it worked for me on two different bugs: I couldn't board a vertibird in the Brotherhood ship but a couple of reloads just gave me the option. Also, I was unable to open a door in a building but a couple of reloads gave me the option.

I must admit for a huge game like this, I found very few bugs. I crashed to desktop once in 40+ hours and only encountered minor bugs so far. Something that bothers me is the settler command system: maybe it's just me but I don't know how to easily assign settlers to resources.

I always have to tell them to move toward the resource (to get close enough to assign them) but as soon as I get out of the build menu, they stop moving or turn back. I have to re-open the build menu to tell them to move further then close, move further and tell them again until they're close enough to be assigned.

Damn frustrating if you ask me, I would have liked a "assign menu" when you click on a settler, giving you the option to send them to gather food, man guard posts or do something useful instead of just hanging around the settlement...

Thanks dawg

Found like a 50 cal hunting rifle shits like an elephant gun takes down legendaries like Holm took down Rousey. Is this game to easy for anyone else even on survival? I'm only level 15 but pretty much everything I have encountered I kill with ease

You should stream or post gameplay videos showing how easy the game is on survival

had to use around 20 missiles to kill a mirelurk queen and the savage deathclaw that ate that unit of mercs

The game already allows you to carry an unrealistic amount of shit, removing that limit just makes it all the worse. Why not just give yourself unlimited health and ammo? Why even play the game?

Its like that image someone posted earlier showing all the items. What the fuck is the point of playing a game if you're going to just throw the entire purpose of it out the window?

God mode makes the entire game trivial. Increased carry weight just gets rid of a game mechanic that I find tedious. I don't really think your extrapolation works. How does having to loot and junk from the same place multiple times add value or difficulty to the game? AFAICT, it only adds downtime. I get that some people are trying to get a full survival experience out of the game, but I equate a lot of "survival" mechanics to mindless grinding. I'd rather be out there headshotting super mutants than transporting supplies.

God mode makes the entire game trivial. Increased carry weight just gets rid of a game mechanic that I find tedious. I don't really think your extrapolation works.

its not like im using a mod to have infinite money, health, dmg, etc. Im just tired of dragging junk back to my coastal cottage lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back