FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.2: Gameplay & Features Discussion - No Graphics Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAUonePUNCH

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
*** Keep the graphics talk out of this thread***

With the other thread being ruined and hijacked by complaining and whining about graphics I though it was time to start a clean thread without all that noise. Lets keep this thread to the discussion of the game play and all other things Fallout 4. Keep the graphics stuff out.

I'm freaken PUMPED for Tuesday.

Launch Trailer

[YT]X5aJfebzkrM[/YT]

Dude it's fucking FALLOUT. Who gives a shit about the graphics?!?!?!
-Self confessed graphics whore

That's how I feel. The bombshell of a former thread would say otherwise sadly. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep Monday night.

I just cant wait to see what those Terminator like guys in the trailer are all about.

Yeah but did you see that branch on the fifth tree from the road? I don't think it moved during that entire trailer! I mean what is this, 1952?? And don't even get me started on the subterranean post xfh47 series rendering filters! omg

pip-boy-app.gif

Bethesda launched the official Fallout 4 companion app today, and it’s pretty slick! Unfortunately, there’s not much you can actually DO with the app yet...unless of course you happen to mess with the game’s files.

The app, which lets you connect to Fallout 4, can only be run in demo mode right now. Demo mode gives you access to a few things, like a fake character’s stats, inventory, and map data. You can also play games with the app—but the only one available right now is “Atomic Command,” Fallout 4’s take on Missile Command where you must stop atomic bombs from destroying key American cities.

pipboy1105-610a.jpg

It's out on Android and iOS...Windows Phones not yet(?) according to the links I've read...people are already hacking the app to find all the available games...

All the leaked info...no story spoilers...

UPDATED 9:50 GMT.
From the Spanish Forum EOL. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_fallo...70#p1740147197 and some leaked videos from https://vid.me/kjthemonarch

No weapon CONDITION confirmed.
The power armor needs a fusion core to run. (!!!) They NOW seem to run out as there's a perk related to its duration.
When in power armor our carry weight threshold and our resistance are way higher but we are much slower. We can enter buildings with the PA without any problem.
We'll get a message or notification when our settlements are under attack. We have to manage the population, food, security, water...If we let one of our settlements be assaulted we will lose some of our people.
NEW PERK (LUCK 6): "You're not idiot...! Just different. Randomly receive three times EXP (experience points) for any action. The lower your intelligence, the greater the chance"
NEW PERK (END 9): Ghoul: "Of course, you are still human...Externally! Now radiation regenerates health."
NEW PERK (STR 10)ain Train: " Choo choo! All aboard! If you are equipped with a Power Armor, sprint to the enemies to bash them and hurt them. Robotic and huge enemies wont bash."
NEW PERK (PER 7): Reflect: "You are like a mirror! Get +10 resistance to energy damage."
NEW PERK (INT 9): Nuclear physicist: "You have learnt to split the atom...and master it! Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion cores last 25% more."
In terms of dialogue, often we can choose between an aggressive or a diplomatic way. CHARISMA is key when we have to deal with some situations. It seems that WE CAN'T go back in the dialogue to choose another option. (e g if you decide to choose a theme of conversation you can have other themes cut off.)
Now some dialogue options are colored to indicate the chance of success depending on our charisma level (red, orange, green).
Confirmed NO HARDCORE mode (thirst/hunger/fatigue). The only difference between the six modes (from very easy to survival) apart from the obvious damage dealt/received multiplier, is the higher the difficulty the greater the chance to find LEGENDARY ENEMIES with a star in their avatar. They are though and more likely to have unique loot than normal enemies.
Stealth mode is similar to Skyrim but much more improved according to the tester. Lots of perks related to stealth and theft.
NEW type of weapon damage: RADIATION.
In character creation we CAN'T choose our height but we CAN modify our body type.
COVER SYSTEM is contextual. We don't have to press any button, just walk towards the object we want to cover with (wall,car...) then when we aim we expose ourselves. Similar to MGS TPP as far as I've seen.
Loading screens are very similar to Skyrim ones. World objects rotating followed by some information about game mechanics and lore.
New radio song already seen in FO3 (Johnny Guitar???): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iEh2E07Uc
We are able to sprint and jump while in PA. Not as slow as we thought.

EDIT: I'm adding some stuff already posted in /fo4 because people keep asking me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3r3rgv/spoilers_new_info_about_the_game_live_update/

I'ver got Weds off too, wooooo

4 Factions:
Brotherhood of Steel
Minutemen
Railroad
The Institute
13 Companions
Cait
Codsworth
Curie
Danse
Deacon
Dogmeat
Hancock
Maccready
Nick Valentine
Piper
Preston
Strong
X6-88
72 Quests (This might not be all of them)
15 Main
17 Brotherhood of Steel
6 Minutemen
8 Railroad
12 The Institute
14 Misc/Sidequests
108 Perks
70 Special
17 Magazine
12 Companion
9 Other
5 Vaults
Vault 111
Vault 114
Vault 75
Vault 81
Vault 95
Plus - Vault-Tec Regional HQ

World Map

Why are you replying to things with "..."?

They are the relevant posts from the last thread sorted out from the graphics garbage. You have to enter three characters or more to post. I couldn't just put the quoted posts in this thread by themselves.

Ugh, actually no. Anyone here ever follow the franchise?

Were you guys even alive and playing games when the originals came out? They were fucking mind blowing.

And Fallout 3 was really amazing as well.

The series has ALWAYS been about graphically immersive environments that paint the atmosphere for the story to build on.

I think it looks fine, but Goddamn, this logic is so dumb.

Were you guys even alive and playing games when the originals came out? They were fucking mind blowing.

The series has ALWAYS been about graphically immersive environments that paint the atmosphere for the story to build on.

6356217515735021851116205440_Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Ive essentially followed the series since its preview in PC Gamer lo those many years ago.

The graphics have never been a big selling point so much as the style and aesthetics. FO 1 and 2 looked good but not great. The best cosmetic feature at the time was probably the facial animation system during dialogues. Fallout 3 was not a particularly good looking game even at release.

Ive essentially followed the series since its preview in PC Gamer lo those many years ago.

The graphics have never been a big selling point so much as the style and aesthetics. FO 1 and 2 looked good but not great. The best cosmetic feature at the time was probably the facial animation system during dialogues. Fallout 3 was not a particularly good looking game even at release.

FO 1 and 2 were gorgeous. Some of the highest definition sprites we'd seen in the 90's. They had tons of frames per animation and subtle details. I'd agree though that the major selling points are style and aesthetics.

Fallout 3 when it came out looked really, really good too.

Are you going to start a third thread?

FALLOUT 4 Official Discussion v.3 : The NO disagreeing Edition

:icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back