Fact: TRT was outlawed so Gen-Xers would stop beating Millennials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if srs, testosterone is an anabolic steroid.

Ok, then all men are on steroids, buddy. At least ones with nuts. And I have to let my nuts hang

yes, nuts are serious.
Steroids and PEDs make sports more enjoyable to watch because everyone becomes superhuman.
Superhuman>regular human

Leveling the playing field = making mma great again. You woke now???

jon-jones-11.jpg

You mean the guy who got busted for PEDs???

OP, generational divisions are extremely arbitrary in terms of "how tough am I" there were a shit ton of people born during the Wae that would have their asses handed to them by today's athletes on toughness alone. Just fact.

Okay.....old man Vitor versus Generation X Gastelum. Who wins? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, you took getting proved wrong very well. What do you think? You are only about a 5 on the butthurt scale?

WRONG!!!

Strauss and Howe define Generation X as those born between 1961–1981
Others use dates similar to Strauss and Howe's such as the National Science Foundation's Generation X Report, a quarterly research report from The Longitudinal Study of American Youth, which defines Generation X as those born between 1961–1981.[16] Generation X, a six-part 2016 documentary series produced by National Geographic also uses a 1961–1981 birth year range.[17][18] PricewaterhouseCoopers, a multinational professional services network headquartered in London, describes Generation X employees as those born from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.[19]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

Shogun - November 25, 1981 (age 35)

Look at playgrounds....they have been nerfed. Kids cannot play dodgeball anymore and they have to be praised for doing nothing. The whole everyone gets a gold star bullshit. People not able to take jokes or insults without crying.

I had to walk about a mile to the bus stop. Now the bus stops right in front of my parents' house and the neighborhood population has stayed the same and the size is the same....yeah, i had to walk a mile getting off the bus with a tornado close enough to make the sky green.

SJWs are the uber-millennial-doucher

We are comparing apples to apples here duder, get with the fucking program. UFC fighter vs UFC fighter

OP, generational divisions are extremely arbitrary in terms of "how tough am I" there were a shit ton of people born during the Wae that would have their asses handed to them by today's athletes on toughness alone. Just fact.

Okay.....old man Vitor versus Generation X Gastelum. Who wins? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That makes no sense. The whole world is getting soft.

It was a fucking prescription. TRT is perfectly legal in America. Is wearing contacts cheating as well??? We are just trying to erase unfair advantages here.

The real issue is the second half millennials. Lots of the first half ones are ok....I mean, it is the 21st century we will take what we can get.

lol how is the whole world getting soft? What a stupid statement. I'm sure Syrians would disagree that they are softer now than they were back in 1990.

I was playing golden eye when I was your age.

Now they have all these fancy doodads and gadgets.

Dude, they just remade Doom. It's fucking awesome and way more violent than any other in the series. You guys have selective memory and are cherry picking characteristics of modern day life to make your case.

It is against some USADA list or whatever, but what makes their list valid??? I would trust a doctor prescribing TRT which is not "roiding" over some shadowy organization aka USADA hellbent on destroying MMA.

The doctor is MAKING A LEGAL PRESCRIPTION.

See, millennials cannot handle a level fucking playing field.

The replacement to CONSEC might be involved.

You cant actually believe that. I can go get a legal script for trt.

Todd duffee had a legal script.

Older guys on here like myself know that kids from our generation were tougher than the millennial who all got a gold star and were not allowed to play dodge ball.

It's so sad that every generation thinks it was the last good generation.

Never thought I'd see Alice in Chains mentioned on sherdog. Faith in humanity restored.

I'm over 40. While I understand what you are saying, I disagree about TRT completely. There are lots of things a doc can prescribe that fighters cannot take. That is the trade off for being a fighter. There are a lot of over the counter things that fighters cannot take, doc or no doc.

TRT got banned because of the HBO special where they showed that MMA fighters had a much higher average for TRT TUE than any other professional sport. It was a bad image for the sport and bad for business. Which is really all this is about.

All your other points about playgrounds and pointfighting, that all boils down to greed and lawyers (aka greedy greed.) Playgrounds got nerfed because of greedy parents and greedy lawyers and greedy insurance companies telling them they could get rich. School districts and people and hospitals and towns and states decided they didnt want to get sued left and right. People complained about their taxes rising but were still quick to sue if something went wrong. Your nerfed sports and participation trophies and high health care costs and pointfighting fighters all come from greed. Forget the political spectrum, its all about money and protection from litigation.

It wasnt the TRT or steroids that made the old fighters so different and dynamic and awesome to watch. It was less rules for people to find loopholes in to win. It was fighters who didnt care if they slept in their car if they got to fight. When TUF blew up the UFC, the sport has slowly moved to 'legitimacy' which includes better fighter pay and more rules and fighters who are professional athletes and expect to put career before glory in battle.

Things change. Bringing back quasi-legal steroids isnt going to put anything back in the bottle.

“It means you’re a caveman, asshole. You’re a fucking throwback. You’ve been spending too much time underground. It’s okay, Steele, throwbacks all got big dicks.” - Day of the Dead

lol how is the whole world getting soft? What a stupid statement. I'm sure Syrians would disagree that they are softer now than they were back in 1990.

Yeah, the Syrians getting murdered and fleeing instead of fighting back. Got it.

It's so sad that every generation thinks it was the last good generation.

It is so sad when old dudes like you who should know better are so wrong. Come on dude, you know we are still tougher than those fucking whippersnappers.

Never thought I'd see Alice in Chains mentioned on sherdog. Faith in humanity restored.

Keeping it real bra.

I'm over 40. While I understand what you are saying, I disagree about TRT completely.

I agree with TRT as long as you are not going over regular human levels, like Vitor obviously was.

I'm calling you old af like @Jermei

Pretty sure that kid is like 10. His second nut has not descended yet ffs! Be reals.

It is so sad when old dudes like you who should know better are so wrong. Come on dude, you know we are still tougher than those fucking whippersnappers.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

- Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae

Older guys on here like myself know that kids from our generation were tougher than the millennial who all got a gold star and were not allowed to play dodge ball.
We walked 10 miles to school in the snow each day but we listened to Alice in Chains and said fuck it.

We miss the old champs and etc from PRIDE because those guys were the best. They were not fruity little athletes but fucking fighters.

So, getting rid of TRT was all a conspiracy to retire the old fighters who people actually want to pay to see. This is gonna be another shot to the UFC.
Not only are us old fucks better at fighting, we are more interesting and have more personality. We don't need to announce every turd we flush to twitter.

Fact is if TRT was still available we would be dominating. Shogun is the last of us and you still see his power at his age.
Dan was stomping fools. Vitor was on a tear. Anderson was still Anderson.

Now, I am not saying everyone of these fighters were on TRT, but if that was an option they would still be dominating.

You got lucky you little bastards that the government stole our fucking jobs.

file.gif

shogun-ko-b.gif

10000792.gif

Just remember what you COULD be watching.

Oh stop it. I'm a Gen-Xer too and I think this is a silly old man argument you are making. The reason TRT was outlawed is because it was abused. Even if there were a perfect way to control it there are other problems.

The first is two health issues. How safe is TRT long term? Does an old guy with the T levels of a 25 year old have other risks to worry about like accumulated damage, and heart disease, and CTE?

The second problematic area is how fair it is for a guy with decades of training having an advantage over a guy with far fewer years of training. Now I'm not some bed wetting idiot who is obsessed with equality and fairness in all areas of life, but I'm not sure it's a good idea in the sport of face punching for one sided matchups.

I genuinely wish we could all have the body of a guys in their physical prime forever, but we can't. Thats just life and we have to adjust to it. All of us, including our heroes are going to get old and die. We just all have to make the best of it without creating bigger moral hazards.

Fighting is a young mans game and it's time for millennials to have their day in the sun.

I think it safe to say that Belfort was a direct target. However, I don't think it was a conspiracy. It was a rule change that hurt older fighters (lower T, plus decades of wear and tear, etc) more than younger ones. Zuffa viewed it as necessary for the sport's image as it tried to break into NY and other states, I think.

The younger fighters will suffer too...as they age.

In the short-term we'll see more injuries, failure to make weight, point-fighting, ducking, and so on. Ironic that a strict testing policy designed to make MMA more "legitimate" has also made it shittier. And then you get to the bullshit 2 year suspensions....................

Anyone that starts threads with the title "Fact:" should be bitch slapped into the next generation.
Generation Z is gonna rape your pathetic, whiny, self entitlement ass.
Generation Z can't get it's nose out of the smartphone, can't carry a conversation, and thinks Uber is American industry.

Generation Z isn't doing shit.

Last edited:
We walked 10 miles to school in the snow each day but we listened to Alice in Chains and said fuck it.

We miss the old champs and etc from PRIDE because those guys were the best. They were not fruity little athletes but fucking fighters.

So, getting rid of TRT was all a conspiracy to retire the old fighters who people actually want to pay to see. This is gonna be another shot to the UFC.
Not only are us old fucks better at fighting, we are more interesting and have more personality. We don't need to announce every turd we flush to twitter.

Fact is if TRT was still available we would be dominating. Shogun is the last of us and you still see his power at his age.
Dan was stomping fools. Vitor was on a tear. Anderson was still Anderson.

Now, I am not saying everyone of these fighters were on TRT, but if that was an option they would still be dominating.

You got lucky you little bastards that the government stole our fucking jobs.

file.gif

shogun-ko-b.gif

10000792.gif

Just remember what you COULD be watching.

1 flaw... both age groups would be using, not just gen xrs...

The best talent would win regardless with PEDs.

Stop being jealous of young people you old resentful prick

It's not our fault that you can't get an erection
I sort of agree with the first part, being an old fart myself. (I'm not going to call myself a generation xer, because that would be retarded. If you don't know why, you're a pleb and a waste of human life.)

Ironically, it's the millennials who can't get it up and don't have sex.

I like how you keep saying 'US"and "WE" like you were a pride fighter or somthing lol..Please tell me your mark coleman or someone of that nature.

We walked 10 miles to school in the snow each day.

True, and we walked those 10 miles naked, because you weren't supposed to wear clothes during winter back then. Clothes were for for summer only. Not many people are aware of this, and I guess that's because kids these days just don't learn anything in school anymore.

TS is wrong. There was no more TRT.
Lorenzo used it all.

Oh stop it. I'm a Gen-Xer too and I think this is a silly old man argument you are making. The reason TRT was outlawed is because it was abused. Even if there were a perfect way to control it there are other problems.

The first is two health issues. How safe is TRT long term? Does an old guy with the T levels of a 25 year old have other risks to worry about like accumulated damage, and heart disease, and CTE?

The second problematic area is how fair it is for a guy with decades of training having an advantage over a guy with far fewer years of training. Now I'm not some bed wetting idiot who is obsessed with equality and fairness in all areas of life, but I'm not sure it's a good idea in the sport of face punching for one sided matchups.

I genuinely wish we could all have the body of a guys in their physical prime forever, but we can't. Thats just life and we have to adjust to it. All of us, including our heroes are going to get old and die. We just all have to make the best of it without creating bigger moral hazards.

Fighting is a young mans game and it's time for millennials to have their day in the sun.

"The reason TRT was outlawed is because it was abused. " - no it wasn't. Not saying it was or was not abused but saying that is not the reason it was banned.
Now, remember back in the TRT days you had to get your levels checked and it you fell into the levels you were fine....SO WHY BAN IT THEN???

Now, WHY??? WHY WAS IT BANNED???

Well, we have to realize that USADA bought CONSEC after the Scanners debacle. Now, it is known that CONSEC was also working with the Reverse Vampires, now besides being DAY WALKERS AKA GINGERS and thus evil, a vampire kept his youth, where a REVERSE VAMPIRE would age at an accelerated rate.
So, it is the Reverse Vampires who all along were fighting and lobbying to ban TRT stopping us stud GenXers from dominating the UFC and therefor the whole fucking universe and this would allow the soft millennials to take over and be under total CONSEC control (which is a tentacle of USADA).

Also, do not forget the WME-IMG angle, they are a hollywood talent agency right, well, what does Hollywood prize more than anything??? YOUTH. They want to get the old fighters out with their high paying contracts which they rightfully got by being such bad ass motherfuckers. So they take away TRT force out these older fighters and replace them with cheaper and younger and kinda worthless millennials fighters who are easily controlled because they are so weak minded from liberal school systems and Obama indoctrinations.
/justwokeyoududer

" How safe is TRT long term?" <-- lol, how safe is getting the shit beat out of your head long term. Long term health is not a concern of MMA. Okay Mother Theresa.

1 flaw... both age groups would be using, not just gen xrs...

The best talent would win regardless with PEDs.

1 FLAW --- TRT is to level the playing field. It is to put everyone at the same TE ratio and therefor make fighting more fair. Again, allowing a fighter to wear contacts is not cheating, but giving a fighter bionic eyeballs that can see extra information like weakspots would be cheating.

Millennials cannot handle Gen Xers on a level playing field.

I like how you keep saying 'US"and "WE" like you were a pride fighter or somthing lol..Please tell me your mark coleman or someone of that nature.

We are the same generation and I have been in a lot of fights for honor, something to do, and because it just felt right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back