Facebook in the crosshairs again.

WEll if what FB did is reprehensible they can be villains too. It isn't mutually exclusive.

And it isnt the first time. Or even the second. Obama was warning Zuck back in those days too. This has to be at least 3 strikes.

Facebook could face trillions in fines.

Yeah, that’s “trillions” with a “T.” Former Federal Trade Commission officials said if Facebook is found to have violated the FTC consent decree, the company could be fined $40,000 per violation, reports the Washington Post. In this case, each 1 of the 50 million users whose data was shared with Cambridge Analytica could be considered one violation, meaning Facebook could–theoretically–be hit with a $2 trillion fine. The FTC officials who spoke with the Post said a trillion-dollar fine is unlikely, but Facebook could still see a fine running into the millions.

https://www.fastcompany.com/4054611...in-ftc-fines-over-cambridge-analytica-debacle
I'm more than okay with Facebook being shutdown and Zuckerberg forfeiting all cash and assets but I'd be shocked if there's any more than a slap on the wrist

So how did they get this info?

Did people have their facebook public....and these guys run some sort of program to collect all that info? Or did they do something illegal?

Sorry but if you leave your profile to public....uhhhh thats your fault.

Facebook is da DEBIL!
1WXCDNK.gif

Murican corporates literally slaving whole humanity's virtual identities is fucking underrated issue.

Should be somewhere with climate change and oil running out. From our smartphones, to our email, to google search engine to social media. Each and every single step, interaction is just being recorded as statistic to be sold to advertisers. Gruesome.
that was the goal all along

Check out Yasha Levine's recent work

51KiBnB05zL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Did people have their facebook public....and these guys run some sort of program to collect all that info? Or did they do something illegal?

I dont know shit about computers or ad algorithms but it isnt just having a public FB page. They know what I like. Like stock and investing stuff. They have my profile. They probably know more about me than I do. They know my interests and tailor ads around me. We are the products. We are what is being sold.

We need Steve Jobs back

I'm more than okay with Facebook being shutdown and Zuckerberg forfeiting all cash and assets but I'd be shocked if there's any more than a slap on the wrist
He has leverage and friends

Nothing is going to happen

In this case I’m right.

well at least you admit that the sex outside marriage is not wrong and is natural.

what you mean? i think facebook can to have positive things if anything is the worst it is dating apps like badoo and tinder because they rate people just on looks it the worst for guys because women use it to infilate there worth since all guys swipe to them and then they swipe to only hot guys or anyone and get tons of message of worship. Then they only fuck the top guys

You sound unssocial. Same types who say women having sex outside marriage ruin society. Not knowing we did that for millions years.

I agree with seaside. We've had companies stealing our info for millions of years and we did just fine.

Hey bud, they invented this thing called reading. Now we can form opinions after we have information. What a time to be alive.

I agree with seaside. We've had companies stealing our info for millions of years and we did just fine.

that is not what he said. stealing yeah sucks but he trying to argue that facebook is somehow ruining humanity all because it increases ability to communicate with people.

Hey bud, they invented this thing called reading. Now we can form opinions after we have information. What a time to be alive.
Yeah I read....It didn't explain the process at all.

I mention this, because this is similar to how Russian "Hacking" was....There was no real hacking, just a bunch of trolls posing as living in some competitive county, then they would just create fake news stories and show it to the people living around there.

So yes...if this is how they got the info....I see nothing truly illegal.

Again, this is why I ask for the process, because they might of actually hacked.

Yeah I read....It didn't explain the process at all.

I mention this, because this is similar to how Russian "Hacking" was....There was no real hacking, just a bunch of trolls posing as living in some competitive county, then they would just create fake news stories and show it to the people living around there.

So yes...if this is how they got the info....I see nothing truly illegal.

Again, this is why I ask for the process, because they might of actually hacked.

Jfc. Do some reading.

Jfc. Do some reading.
I have....Fake news isn't hacking.

Was there other instances where they could've hacked like the actual machines, perhaps....but the fake news is confirmed real and no, it isn't hacking.

Back