Excellent WAPO Article on How Trump Administration Manipulates Press

It's still a top ten paper in the US. My point is that Trump misleads more than the media and you have not come even close to disproving it. You linked a blog post from over five years ago as evidence. Trump has made 140 misleading statements in the last 36 days.

No he doesn't, the MSM have been manipulation you for years to make you think the way they want you to think. I could post another 30-40 lying and retracted articles if I wanted to all from WaPo. You have been dealing with a media that is use to Democrats who they kiss their butts 24 hours a day or republicans who try really really hard to be liked. Trump is the first president in forever who is actually calling these people out of their bullshit and the same mindless drones who think corporate media is on their side are trying to white knight them.

No he doesn't, the MSM have been manipulation you for years to make you think the way they want you to think. I could post another 30-40 lying and retracted articles if I wanted to all from WaPo. You have been dealing with a media that is use to Democrats who they kiss their butts 24 hours a day or republicans who try really really hard to be liked. Trump is the first president in forever who is actually calling these people out of their bullshit and the same mindless drones who think corporate media is on their side are trying to white knight them.

140 false or misleading statements in 36 days and you think Trump is a more legit source than The Washington Post? Get a grip.

Here is a source, The Washington Post. It's from three days ago but I think they update it pretty regularly. So far in the first 36 days in office PapaHair has made 140 false or misleading statement. This only counts his time in office and certainly there are many, many more from before but I thought this was enough to get started.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/

No one likes fake news better than Trump which is why he hired Steve Bannon. He is waging a misinformation campaign against the American people and folks like yourself eat up this malarky with a fork and spoon. It's very sad to me how easily many people are manipulated.

So here is 140 instances, can you provide 140 fake stories from respected news outlets in the last 36 days? BTW Breibart News Network is not a respected source.
Oh boy, where do I start. First off, you're citing the Washington post as a defense for your argument against Trump while at the same time denouncing Breitbart news as "not a respected news source."
So now that we've established that you only consider left leaning, anti-trump news as respectable sources, I need to ask you whether or not you even read the "140 lies" Trump has told. The first one I glanced at, was obviously biased.

“We've begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It is a disaster.”-Trump

This is one of the "lies" that Trump told. How is this a lie? You can disagree that Obama care was a disaster, but that would be an opinion. I work in Healthcare, I know it is a disaster. You can't say that he hasn't begun working to repeal and replace it; that's in the works.

Another one of Trump's "lies."
“You look at some states, [health insurance premiums in] Arizona up 116 percent.”

Here is WaPo's reasoning for why this isn't a fact lol.

"Trump cherry-picks data from Arizona, the state hit the hardest by 2017 premium increases under the Affordable Care Act. The average increase for the second-lowest-cost silver plan (which is used as the benchmark to calculate government subsidies) is 25 percent. A few states, such as Indiana, will actually see a decrease."-Washington Post

"Trump cherry picks" uhh he said the particular state he was talking about is Arizona. Obamacare increased the average low income plan by 25% which is huge considering they couldn't afford low income plans before. So why exactly is this a lie again? Then, the Washington Post ironically cherry picks a state (Indiana) that premiums will decrease. Funny, because it is one of only two states that saw a decrease lol.

Again, I only looked at the first couple "debunked facts" in Healthcare because I'm knowledgeable on the subject but you can see the bias and the false claims here. You read the title and thought "wow trump is a big fat liar!" and went with it because that's exactly what they want you to do.

If he's pissing off a bunch of rich globalists controlling the media, you must begin to wonder if maybe he's doing something right. I hope you will see the narrative for what it is and understand who it's working for and what it's working towards; It's not working for your benefit.

edit spelling.

Last edited:
It's still a top ten paper in the US. My point is that Trump misleads more than the media and you have not come even close to disproving it. You linked a blog post from over five years ago as evidence. Trump has made 140 misleading statements in the last 36 days.

and you dont think the media is trying to mislead people?

abc-poll.jpg

CzMhPwfWgAEIKtg.jpg

It's hard to argue with him when there's been proof of false stories being ran against him ever since he started running for president. All it takes is an anonymous tweet, then all the sudden Trump is pissing on Russian hookers.
speaking of false stories and tweets to ruin a presidents rep

Trump and the top people who work under him are always full of shit.

The media is sometimes full of shit.

I'll take my chances with the likes of Wapo, WSJ, NYT, Fox.

Lol at Brietbart!!{<jordan}

Oh boy, where do I start. First off, you're citing the Washington post as a defense for your argument against Trump while at the same time denouncing Breitbart news as "not a respected news source."
So now that we've established that you only consider left leaning, anti-trump news as respectable sources, I need to ask you whether or not you even read the "140 lies" Trump has told. The first one I glanced at, was obviously biased.

“We've begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It is a disaster.”-Trump

This is one of the "lies" that Trump told. How is this a lie? You can disagree that Obama care was a disaster, but that would be an opinion. I work in Healthcare, I know it is a disaster. You can't say that he hasn't begun working to repeal and replace it; that's in the works.

Another one of Trump's "lies."
“You look at some states, [health insurance premiums in] Arizona up 116 percent.”

Here is WaPo's reasoning for why this isn't a fact lol.

"Trump cherry-picks data from Arizona, the state hit the hardest by 2017 premium increases under the Affordable Care Act. The average increase for the second-lowest-cost silver plan (which is used as the benchmark to calculate government subsidies) is 25 percent. A few states, such as Indiana, will actually see a decrease."-Washington Post

"Trump cherry picks" uhh he said the particular state he was talking about is Arizona. Obamacare increased the average low income plan by 25% which is huge considering they couldn't afford low income plans before. So why exactly is this a lie again? Then, the Washington Post ironically cherry picks a state (Indiana) that premiums will decrease. Funny, because it is one of only two states that saw a decrease lol.

Again, I only looked at the first couple "debunked facts" in Healthcare because I'm knowledgeable on the subject but you can see the bias and the false claims here. You read the title and thought "wow trump is a big fat liar!" and went with it because that's exactly what they want you to do.

If he's pissing off a bunch of rich globalists controlling the media, you must begin to wonder if maybe he's doing something right. I hope you will see the narrative for what it is and understand who it's working for and what it's working towards; It's not working for your benefit.

edit spelling.
giphy.gif

speaking of false stories and tweets to ruin a presidents rep

"They shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name. Let their name be out there," Trump said. "Let there be no more sources."

Agreed. With one minor hiccup.

Of what good is a retraction if it's made after the story has died down, or is buried out of sight? One would think both the POTUS and the msm should aspire to higher standards.

I recognize the limitation of retractions (often by the time the retraction is printed, the story has traveled) but I credit the effort. The effort, even if unlikely to undue the damage done, shows a willingness to at least acknowledge one's mistakes in writing, where it can be dredged up and used against you down the road.

I recognize the limitation of retractions (often by the time the retraction is printed, the story has traveled) but I credit the effort. The effort, even if unlikely to undue the damage done, shows a willingness to at least acknowledge one's mistakes in writing, where it can be dredged up and used against you down the road.
That's fair. Especially when put in contrast to someone who never admits mistakes.

Really nice story on how Trump administration attempts to manipulate press coverage and claim false reporting. It's a quick read with several examples and paints a clear picture of what is happening. Here is a short exert from article:

[As Byers suggested, there does appear to be a strategy that Team Trump executed throughout the campaign and carried into the White House: When a journalist asks for comment on what seems sure to be an unfavorable story, do not provide one. Wait for the report to be published, then attack it as unfair or inaccurate. Maybe even act as if you didn't have a chance to tell your side of the story.]

Like many have been saying all along, no one like fake news more than Trump. This is why he hired Steve Bannon and continues to repeat false claims over and over again. This article clearly points out one of their strategies for trying to discredit the media.

A free and active press has been one of the bedrocks of our democracy and it's currently under attack. This sounds crazy but I believe there is a psychological warfare being waged right before our eyes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lanced-media-coverage/?utm_term=.0ee40abe4ad7
Few of these news agencies gave Trump a fair shake. Almost all of his policies are evaluated from the perspective of an opposition party member. I have no love for these people. They have spat on journalism for waay too long. Reuters, AP, AFP, McClatchy are the standards to me, and WaPo is far behind.

Back