Opinion Exactly how do liberals propose we even take away semi-automatic rifles?

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously...let's even put the politics aside for a second. Let's pretend the next President implements no more semi automatic rifles.

Exactly how do you get back approximately 100 million plus guns back? A buy back system cannot be implemented. The experts all agree it would put this country in financial ruins

Aren't all these guns not registered since 1989 anyway? People wouldn't even stop downloading music illegally despite getting letters of jail time and fines of $300k but you expect people to give up their guns for free because evil people who are going to inevitably do evil things prefer automatic rifles?

Are we just going to pretend this is a gun problem or acknowledge when a human being decides to kill themself but wants to take fellow human beings with them that it's an extremely dangerous and inevitable situation? Simply looking at gun statistics in other countries ignores the mass killings that are going on within those countries.

Also don't forget the US is the third largest country in the world so please don't use fucking Australias violence numbers with ours. We have more people in California than Australia

Did everyone forget how easily Timothy Mcveigh filled a rental truck with basic stuff and blew up a hospital and killed 168 people with 500 injuries?

So my question is this. How exactly can you even get these guns back at this point?

It's a losing battle for them, but they need to keep pushing for it. We need to get an additional 1000 seats.

Can you call out any specific posters who have asked for the confiscation of 100 million rifles ?

Our founders didn't just happen to mandate that the government can't disallow guns. It's not a coincidence. The hard part, especially for victims and their families of gun violence, is to accept that bad people have been harming good people since forever and it will continue to happen forever.

I would prefer we respect the founders knowledge and intent of placing well-armed militias and people second only to free speech.

No questions asked retail price gun buy backs.

Like you know, civilized countries do.

It's a losing battle for them, but they need to keep pushing for it. We need to get an additional 1000 seats.
Trump would still be a do nothing bitch. He is only good at playing lots of golf and shit tweeting.

Can you call out any specific posters who have asked for the confiscation of 100 million rifles ?

I'm not but don't you pretend that's now what liberals are asking for. At the heart of hearts they want "sensible gun laws" like no more scary looking guns despite the fact that a dude with 5 hand guns walking into an unarmed crowd is equally dangerous.

You're not preventing shit like the Vegas shooting you're just taking away a convenience factor at the expensive of inconveniencing millions of law abiding citizens living in parts of the country where it takes police officers 20-30 mins to arrive at their property and know a shotgun or a handgun isn't enough

Trump would still be a do nothing bitch. He is only good at playing lots of golf and shit tweeting.
Didn't Trump just also Nix a law/regulation that kept guns out of the hands of the mentally ill?

Like you know, civilized countries do.

The experts on both sides already agree it would be a financial disaster to approach it this way you can't do a buy back this isn't Australia there are far too many and by the time you bought every gun back it would be Mexico building a wall to keep Americans out

Our founders didn't just happen to mandate that the government can't disallow guns. It's not a coincidence. The hard part, especially for victims and their families of gun violence, is to accept that bad people have been harming good people since forever and it will continue to happen forever.

I would prefer we respect the founders knowledge and intent of placing well-armed militias and people second only to free speech.

The founders didnt have weapons that could eliminate 50 people in minutes.

I'm not but don't you pretend that's now what liberals are asking for. At the heart of hearts they want "sensible gun laws" like no more scary looking guns despite the fact that a dude with 5 hand guns walking into an unarmed crowd is equally dangerous.

You're not preventing shit like the Vegas shooting you're just taking away a convenience factor at the expensive of inconveniencing millions of law abiding citizens living in parts of the country where it takes police officers 20-30 mins to arrive at their property and know a shotgun or a handgun isn't enough

This thread would be better if somebody here held the position you're attacking.

Hopefully somebody does so that you can have a debate with them.

The experts on both sides already agree it would be a financial disaster to approach it this way you can't do a buy back this isn't Australia there are far too many and by the time you bought every gun back it would be Mexico building a wall to keep Americans out

That's if you live in a fantasy where you think someone wants to confiscate ALL guns.

Getting SOME guns off the street is the goal, not ALL.

If the Las Vegas shooting was done with handguns, it would cause nowhere near the amount of carnage due to power and range limitations of pistols. Those armed citizens of Las Vegas sure stopped the Manderlay Bay shooter. Or was that the police SWAT team?

This thread would be better if somebody here held the position you're attacking.

Hopefully somebody does so that you can have a debate with them.

Are you kidding me? Is the country not holding this discussion year round? Is conan or Jimmy Kimmel not crying everyday over guns that civilians shouldn't have access to?

America is asking for the ban of scary looking guns

Damn, now that would be a very expensive program.

I just finished an AR that has about $3500 into it without an optic. I have other AR's with an optic that cost about the same. I have other projects being built that will be of a similar price. You would have to include an accessory/optic/magazine buy back as well. Not that I would be interested in doing this.

Are you kidding me? Is the country not holding this discussion year round? Is conan or Jimmy Kimmel not crying everyday over guns that civilians shouldn't have access to?

America is asking for the ban of scary looking guns

Jimmy Kimmel is not here though. You are asking a question directly to this forum based on other people's statements.

My point is that you may not be able to get an answer, since that is not a very popular view on this forum. Hopefully somebody holds that view here so that they can answer you though.

Damn, now that would be a very expensive program.

I just finished an AR that has about $3500 into it without an optic. I have other AR's with an optic that cost about the same. I have other projects being built that will be of a similar price. You would have to include an accessory/optic/magazine buy back as well. Not that I would be interested in doing this.

Honestly, I think gun mods shouldn't be included.

Retail price of the gun. You can put the flashlight up your ass.

Back