"Everything happens for a reason."

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
A ton of people have told me this recently using their own stories as examples.

As someone who's constantly disappointed in himself it's strange to me that so many people are confident they turned out as well as they possibly could have.

It's one of those comforting things people say to avoid nihilism...

It's up there. People that say dumb shit like this usually tend to be the same people that believe in mystical bullshit.

It's close -- but "it's always in the last place you look" still wins out in the retarded phrase game

More annoying to me is " I will pray for you " or " pray for me"

"If I was you", takes my top spot.

If you were me, you would do exactly as I have done, or will do, because you're ME!

It's just something people say. Like when someone dies and we say "well they're in a better place now".

I dont have a problem with this saying because there isnt always an answer to everything out there,and if you can twist the narrative to help you cope,fuck it,and i dont mean to use it an as en excuse,but simply everyone must pull motivation from somewhere,we all do it. I dont feel the need to nitpick at every phrase people use to get to the next step,because as Timothy Leary says "we have no idea who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chaos"

I agree. Only people in first world countries would say some bullshit like this.

Back