Ever Met Any Celebrities? What were they like? Quentin Tarantino Story Inside.

literally none of this happened
I knew it was bs when he said the mma guus where unapprochable
Mma fighters are some of the friendliest people in person even guys like lawler and the diaz bros,every pro fighter I have trained with has been a good guy.

literally none of this happened

I am an expert at detecting internet lies, and this story does not seem to fit the bill for the, "literally none of this happened," response. I have personally never been to a theater that allows drinking but I am sure there are places that allow it. The chick rubbing her chest in someones face, seems a little suspect but this was just a touch before, literally anything and everything would go viral over night so it seems plausible.

I have met R. Lee Emery as well, at a Toys for Tots fundraiser. He was a cool guy, took a lot of time to interact with people.
Yeah, he was cool. Everyone tried to persuade him to recite the boot camp scene from Full Metal Jacket. He said he still knew it, but didn't want to do it with all the ladies in the room. He was very approachable.

Evander was too, he was just more quiet.

A buddy of mine also works in radio and editing in the Bay Area. He was working on a sports talk show and they had JDS and Cain in the studio at the same time. He said neither really talked much or did anything. He said Cain's head was absolutely huge.

He also could have attended the Game of Thrones s5 premiere in San Francisco and met pretty much all the cast but he didn't find out til it was pretty much over.

My mother is also ex-wife of the former world boxing champ Art Frias and my Dad was a pro boxer from that same gym in LA. They met a TON of big name celebs back in the day, including pretty much every famous boxer at the time like Sugar Ray Leonard, Duran, Carlos Monzon, etc. My mother had very poor things to say about those guys, she told me she saw Sugar Ray Leonard beating up a dude for being gay and called Duran a pig. Sylvester Stallone was researching for his role in Rocky and would pop into the boxing gyms in the area from time to time. They also met tons of athletes like Magic Johnson and OJ Simpson. Oh and later my dad met Nick Diaz at a farmers market up here, they chatted for a bit, he told Nick I was fighting amateur and Nick told him to bring me down to Stockton to train with them.

Mma fighters are some of the friendliest people in person even guys like lawler and the diaz bros,every pro fighter I have trained with has been a good guy.

your experiences do not necessarily reflect everyone else or guarantee the same response for everyone. Personally I can see it with Irvin, Smith I am not 100% sure about. On this one I will side with TS.

tumblr_mfipvtSpVE1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

10z3dbp.jpg

A guy I used to work security back in the day met Too $hort in Atlanta. He had a gang of hos with him. Stepped into a liquor store, pants sagging, and bought lots of alcohol. Dude said he was cool, and invited him to the party after he got off work.

I would be so out of place at a too short party....id still go if he invited me.

I know 2 known comedians, one writes for a popular show on fox, both have been featured on Comedy Central and have done late night interviews, tours etc. first one is a complete goober, loves the attention but has an extremely fake personality. The other is socially awkward and is easily butt hurt, very introverted dude.

I got into a verbal confrontation with Pimp C at a strip club one time, though I have no idea why.

I am an expert at detecting internet lies, and this story does not seem to fit the bill for the, "literally none of this happened," response. I have personally never been to a theater that allows drinking but I am sure there are places that allow it. The chick rubbing her chest in someones face, seems a little suspect but this was just a touch before, literally anything and everything would go viral over night so it seems plausible.

Yeah that was the first time I have ever been to a theater that served booze and food. They had these menu sheets where you basically checked what you wanted to order and a long table in front of every row of seats. Staff snuck under the tables and picked up your sheets during the previews then brought out your orders the same way during the movie, it was sick. Their menu had clever movie themed names for their items like "5 Dollar Shake" from Pulp Fiction and the Samuel Jackson beers I mentioned. We were fresh out of high school and couldn't order beers but it would be an awesome place to go back to as a legal drinker. If you are ever in Austin I recommend it lol.

Someone please put up the 'Diabetus' pasta please.

Signed, the entire forum

I saw Henry Winkler one time but I couldn't remember his name, I did remember the Fonz though so I gave him a double thumbs up and an "ayyy", he just shook his head and rolled his eyes. He seemed to be annoyed by my antics, I don't blame him though I would be annoyed by me too.

Have you ever met James Irvin or Scott Smith? Because I trained with them 5 days a week for about 2 years at their gym UTC that used to be here in Roseville, CA. I can confidently say James Irvin is an unapproachable dick and a bad trainer, dude just has a bad attitude and a chip on his shoulder. Scott Smith was not really so much of a dick but he was not very social or talkative. He always had his young son around in the gym and he seemed like a quiet family man so not much against him, but he is not approachable at all. Again, my dad met Nick Diaz and he was cool, but you have to be an idiot to think literally EVERY MMA fighter in the world is cool and friendly.

Met Mark Coleman at the UFC card in pittsburgh a month or so back. He was checking into the hotel by the arena. I didn't know til after but he had a stomach virus or something and was in a lot of pain. Felt bad for going up and talking to him cause after he was just waiting for his wife or some girl check them in. He was like leaning forward with his hands on his legs like he was getting ready to puke. He still went to the card and actually looked better there once he arrived.

I also got to roll once with Phil Davis before he was in the UFC. I was in high school and weighed around 155 so it was probably hilarious to watch. He kinda just played nice til the round ended and we switched to a different partner.

I honestly met Will Ferrell...at an airport. I had like a 10 minute conversation with Danny Bonaduce when I worked at the Sports Authority downtown chicago. I sold him some dumbells. He was really friendly. I talked to Shonie Carter for like 20 minutes while selling him some shoes. I referred to him as, well actually kind of yelled, Mr. International, when he came in and he was super cool. He came in right when we were closing so it was just me and him chatting in an empty store.

I met Tito Ortiz, 123 Kid at Houstons' first closed fist MMA competition back in 2005 - Tito was really cool, 123 was high as a fucking kite

Met Cena and a few wrestlers on a business trip in Durban back in 07/08 - they stayed in the same hotel as me - man is absolutely a giant.

Trained at Anne Wolfe's gym in Austin - she is a brute, but pretty cool

Met Nikolaj Volkov in NJ back in 93/94 and he wasn't impressed when I asked him if wrestling was real.

Met Sammy Sosa in South Beach Florida in 05 - dude was nice enough but TINY

I also briefly met Arlovski, Ed Too Tall Jones, sold Charles Tillman some bike tire inner tubes, sold Scott Podsednik some roller blades all at the Sports Authority.

Back