Economy EU orders Ireland to make Apple to pay up to 13 billion Euros

What is really delicious about this is that in the end human nature will deal with the EU. Those who crave power and control will continue to grab as much of it as possible regardless of who or what they step on to achieve it. People will get angry and eventually enough pressure will build that those small cracks will become fissures and eventually the fracturing of the EU will occur.

And the wonderful thing is that the progressive global agenda of so many of these bureaucrats is hastening it along nicely.

The only thing that could really fracture the EU would be the French and the Germans getting into a fight.

Eastern Europe wont do nothing because otherwise they would be at the mercy of Russians and other nations who may not be afraid of Russians are more than content with the economic advantages of an Union.

With Brexit being a mess i dont see more people saying "yeah i want some of that".

The only thing that could really fracture the EU would be the French and the Germans getting into a fight.

Eastern Europe wont do nothing because otherwise they would be at the mercy of Russians and other nations who may not be afraid of Russians are more than content with the economic advantages of an Union.

With Brexit being a mess i dont see more people saying "yeah i want some of that".
As I said, human nature being what it is the EU will eventually collapse. We've already seen one crack open into a fissure and eventually break off a piece. Other nations in the Union are feeling those stress cracks widening. It's only a matter of time and pressure.

It's interesting to watch.

As I said, human nature being what it is the EU will eventually collapse. We've already seen one crack open into a fissure and eventually break off a piece. Other nations in the Union are feeling those stress cracks widening. It's only a matter of time and pressure.

It's interesting to watch.

What part of human nature?

David Cameron created a referendum when no one had a reason to leave EU, Merkel and friends created one, rustled jims in 2015, open borders and cuckoldry, then brexit happened in 2016. Poland and Hungary aren't too fond of what's happening either.

A lot of people don't like a globalist population movement agendas, especially a dishonest one marketed as a humanitarian effort and will vote accordingly. That's what most of this stems from.

What part of human nature?
The inevitable desire for power and control and the contrasting irritation and desire to fight when such is applied. Europe does so love its revolutions and peoples struggle against power and yet so many strive for that control.

They simply don't have the generational conditioning that China has to effect those levels of control successfully for very long.

So to answer your question, the desire for power and the countervailing desire to oppose it when applied to ones self.

So to answer your question, the desire for power and the countervailing desire to oppose it when applied to ones self.

If that was true then i would had expected that to happen in America before the EU.

I think economic self-interest will triump over everything else.

I’m not so sure, those same arguments about loss of revenue were used as reasons why Ireland would never leave Great Britain, too. Sovereignty is a tricky issue for the Irish. Self sabotage in the pursuit of it wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility.
True but id trust the irish not to be as stupid esp now they see how fucked up brexit is going

If that was true then i would had expected that to happen in America before the EU.

I think economic self-interest will triump over everything else.
It will eventually but we've generally put a higher premium on individual liberties than Europe and embraced that till the last 20 to 25yrs or so. We're ramping up though with government grab and over regulation, we see that especially in Cali. 911 changed a lot of things in the American psyche and we've seen more willingness to accept government babysitting.

But we've had much longer than the EU to work as a collective. You've had wars but you've yet to have an EU civil war. lol

I’m not so sure, those same arguments about loss of revenue were used as reasons why Ireland would never leave Great Britain, too. Sovereignty is a tricky issue for the Irish. Self sabotage in the pursuit of it wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility.

There's a big difference between leaving a union like the EU and removing a foreign, ethnic cleansing, tyrant like the British.

There's a big difference between leaving a union like the EU and removing a foreign, ethnic cleansing, tyrant like the British.
No question, but at what point does a union become perceived as tyrannical? When does the loss of traditional cultural practices, agriculture included, become too close to total lack of sovereignty? I’m not saying Ireland leaving is likely, I’m just saying economic stability is not a guarantee of staying either. People are motivated by more than pure economics.

It depends on how it all pans out I suspect some are watching it with more than a passing interest , once precedents are set others might re evaluate their future options , being the first to go was always going to be a ball ache 2nd 3rd and 4th might suffer less and less .

Sceptic nations have now got a fairly potent threat in future negotiations that they too might leave the union , Brexit might continue to complicate more than our own relationship with the EU .

No question, but at what point does a union become perceived as tyrannical? When does the loss of traditional cultural practices, agriculture included, become too close to total lack of sovereignty? I’m not saying Ireland leaving is likely, I’m just saying economic stability is not a guarantee of staying either. People are motivated by more than pure economics.

At the point where the EU says Brexit is unlawful and ignores the vote. Has that happened ?
Traditional cultural practices, like agriculture ? The UK cannot even feed its own country without foreign workers and food. At it's max capacity now, it barely covers 64% of its total needs and without the EU grants, a lot more farms will go under.
Anyone who thinks Ireland is going to follow the British out is deluded, the further we move away from them the better life gets for us.

Yeah, I picked up on that after the last post.

You knew pretty well what i meant, you simply tried to weasel out madmick style, with verbiage.

The EU government has the same election system as the UK one when it comes to the highest executive office, so you saying that the UK should leave the yoke of the EU over lack of democracy is a blunder.

In fact the EU is more democratic than the UK at least in the EU everyone has veto when dealing with important choices.

In the UK case an unelected official called for a referendum and fucked over all provinces that voted no.

The UK cannot even feed its own country without foreign workers and food. At it's max capacity now, it barely covers 64% of its total needs and without the EU grants, a lot more farms will go under.
Anyone who thinks Ireland is going to follow the British out is deluded, the further we move away from them the better life gets for us.

We are not agriculturally self sufficient with foreign workers though we've been net importers of foodstuffs for quite a while .

At the point where the EU says Brexit is unlawful and ignores the vote. Has that happened ?
Traditional cultural practices, like agriculture ? The UK cannot even feed its own country without foreign workers and food. At it's max capacity now, it barely covers 64% of its total needs and without the EU grants, a lot more farms will go under.
I don’t disagree with you that it wouldn’t make sound financial sense for Ireland to leave the EU, but don’t you think there are some historic events that would point to cultural and national sovereignty being important to the Irish?

That was a rough match against Wexford last week, by the way, you guys are going to have to step up against Tipp.

We are not agriculturally self sufficient with foreign workers though we've been net importers of foodstuffs for quite a while .

Without those foreign workers coming to Britain to pick fruit etc. that 64% drops even more. You haven't been self sufficient since the 1800's. ( why do you think 4000 ships per year filled with food left Ireland during the "famine" )

I don’t disagree with you that it wouldn’t make sound financial sense for Ireland to leave the EU, but don’t you think there are some historic events that would point to cultural and national sovereignty being important to the Irish?

That was a rough match against Wexford last week, by the way, you guys are going to have to step up against Tipp.

Cultural and national sovereignty is important, which is why I'm happy for Brexit to be a disaster for the UK, so it leads to a united Ireland.

CxjL8C2XUAAsOSf.jpg

League titles don't mean shite, nobody here really gave a fuck in 15. The All Ireland is the big prize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back