• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Espn says Boxing is the toughest sport in the world

I dont think tough and hard are necessarily the same thing. Boxing is still tougher in my opinion. Otherwise, you might as well have Poker as #1, alongside your golf.

skillwise, i've always believed that hitting a baseball is way harder than golf IMO.

When the very best of professional baseball players can fail 2 out 3 times (per out... if it's per attempts at swatting the ball it is MUCH MUCH lower) and be considered having a great year ( .333 batting avg). that's tough!

those rankings don't mean shit, that being said, boxing is very difficult

most of these espn lists are crap tbh.

Boxing is by far the most mentally and physically demanding thing I've ever done, anyone who had sparred hard consistently will surely agree that boxing is a brutal sport. I've trained and sparred MMA and Muay Thai too, boxing is still the toughest imo.

Also, anyone who says boxing is an easy skill to pick up don't know shit about boxing. The amount of time you have to put into sparring to master even basic defensive skills like bobbing, weaving, parrying, slipping, catching etc etc alone is insane, to "learn" any of these skills is easy, but to be able to apply it into hard sparring effectively is an entirely different thing.

midget tossing, those guys have it rough.

At the end of the day all that matters is:
Does the public like watching your sport and will they pay to watch it.

Yes that was the exact experiment. They made athletes from various sports play different sports.

I need to see the proof.

and they need to be top athletes from each sport who are currently competing.

It's not fair to put up an Olympic Gymnast vs A College Football player for example.

I need to see the proof.

and they need to be top athletes from each sport who are currently competing.

It's not fair to put up an Olympic Gymnast vs A College Football player for example.

OK I'll call Lebron up and get him on board. After that I'll get Calvin Johnson, Yaseil Puig and Alexander Ovechkin to come over.

Moron.

The only thing that makes MMA tougher is the giant Octagon in which you can run away from your opponent in fear. I would die of exhaustion running from one end to the other. Those guys are beasts.

OK I'll call Lebron up and get him on board. After that I'll get Calvin Johnson, Yaseil Puig and Alexander Ovechkin to come over.

Moron.

So you don't have the evidence of the study, ok.

I was simply saying that will be my preferred test.

i'd rather get hit in the face by a fist in a glove by a person truly trying to hurt me than be hit in the face by concrete from a 10 foot drop, and yes i have done both.

I've boxed, did judo, skated and now I'm into MMA.... skating is ranked way too low... soccer and badminton seem to be ranked higher and that is a disgrace

had more gruesome injuries skateboarding than all the other sports combined... had to quit eventually

No, you can block the upper half of the body easy and work your abs to perfection and no problem. MMA you have to block every part of the body more pain tougher sport. :icon_chee

i'd rather get hit in the face by a fist in a glove by a person truly trying to hurt me than be hit in the face by concrete from a 10 foot drop, and yes i have done both.

mountain climbing fits your criteria even better. football too, cant just start that right off. or auto racing.

The fact that "Martial arts", "Wrestling" and "Boxing" are listed separately, when boxing and wrestling *are* martial arts, puts into question what kind of idiot made this list.

The fact that "Martial arts", "Wrestling" and "Boxing" are listed separately, when boxing and wrestling *are* martial arts, puts into question what kind of idiot made this list.

I think most people differentiated martial arts from boxing and wrestling up until the last 5-7 years or so to be fair.

Boxing is tougher, you have to get the guy out of there with fists, some mma fights hardly start and there is choke hold or submission, or they just roll about the floor aimlessly not doing anything, plus there is more rounds obviously.

This

its show how ignorant they are

How do you define "Tough"?

The reason I ask is, some sports are tough to figure out mentaly like how the technique works and pulling of the moves and some are physicaly tough and take their toll on your body (looking at you Judo/Sambo)

For me, boxing is tough because there is lots of things to be mindful of like footwork,jab,distance,head movement while avoiding bad habits. While I did judo few years ago, no matter how careful I was, there was no way of avoiding injuries after practice.

Back