Espn says Boxing is the toughest sport in the world

I'd say bullfighting and bullriding have to be up there if you count them

otherwise, yeah boxing and kickboxing are probably the hardest, along with MMA

Boxers on average make peanuts for what they put there bodies through. There are so many nuances to boxing, it's practically impossible to master all of the techniques. (It's not as easy as walking up to a bag and hitting it, anybody can do that-just like anybody can catch a football, hit a baseball or shoot a basketball. Heck- I can even ride a skateboard. The question is how lonng would it take you to master and what would you have to do to get there.)

The list is certainly debateable, but I wouldn't argue for or against boxing as #1 on the list.

Of course gymnasts transition into other sports better ... they're very flexible.

Sounds like a myth.

I been hearing about gymnast being able to crossover for a while, but yet to hear "The succesful gymnast who crossover to........" in any sport commentary.

Im sure they are great athletes but I don't believe the hype of them being able to crossover to other sports much easier and actually be successful.

Sounds like a myth.

I been hearing about gymnast being able to crossover for a while, but yet to hear "The succesful gymnast who crossover to........" in any sport commentary.

Im sure they are great athletes but I don't believe the hype of them being able to crossover to other sports much easier and actually be successful.

Joke

Your head

Sounds like a myth.

Dude....no gymnast is gonna randomly go pro in basketball or something. I don't think your getting it There was an experiment done attempting to find out which sport produces the athletes with the widest variety of ability by measuring their success at a range of different sports, and they found it to be gymnasts. Nothing more. No gymnasts are trying to get to the NFL

Golf should be #1.

Sure, anyone can go out on their local course and play a round, but that has nothing to do with difficulty ranking. You could be the greatest athlete in the world, and you will get your ass kicked by 70+ year old men, or a 125 lb. woman, why? Because the sport is based on nothing more than skills and knowledge.

I dont think tough and hard are necessarily the same thing. Boxing is still tougher in my opinion. Otherwise, you might as well have Poker as #1, alongside your golf.

Barman.

Edit.. This had to be around a big fight. Smiles

Last edited:
Basketball, Football, and Hockey being top 4 seems a bit off to me. I played all 3 and have boxed a bit. And I think anyone can learn those sports and become pretty good with minimal training. I mean who doesn't know how to shoot a jumpshot or do a layup?

MMA is tougher then boxing.

When your getting punched in the face and can't handle it anymore you go for the takedown. Of course you are in a cage. A cage nearly twice as big as a boxing ring, so you can run around and the stamina it takes to run around a 750 sq ft Octagon cage is harder then anything in boxing.

Cockfighting. Those chickens have it rough, man. They even got BLADES on their legs to fight with... to the DEATH.

When your getting punched in the face and can't handle it anymore you go for the takedown. Of course you are in a cage. A cage nearly twice as big as a boxing ring, so you can run around and the stamina it takes to run around a 750 sq ft Octagon cage is harder then anything in boxing.

lol-o.gif

Cockfighting. Those chickens have it rough, man. They even got BLADES on their legs to fight with... to the DEATH.

pffft

cockfighting didn't give Gerald McClellan the necessary adrenalin rush, so he jumped right to the even more extreme dogfighting

butler2_500.gif

Dude....no gymnast is gonna randomly go pro in basketball or something. I don't think your getting it There was an experiment done attempting to find out which sport produces the athletes with the widest variety of ability by measuring their success at a range of different sports, and they found it to be gymnasts. Nothing more. No gymnasts are trying to get to the NFL

Where is this experiment, GSP and everybody mentions?

I want to see if they used top athlete from every sport and if they actually made them do the sport.

Is much different making people run/jump/etc then claiming they are well rounded....They actually need to show coordination for the sports like soccer,boxing,mma,football,etc.

Is much different making people run/jump/etc then claiming they are well rounded....They actually need to show coordination for the sports like soccer,boxing,mma,football,etc.

Yes that was the exact experiment. They made athletes from various sports play different sports.

It makes sense. If you had to do ONE thing to be as well rounded athlete as possible, it would probably be a lot of body weight strength training.

Back