"Energy shots" are a scam

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Forgot coffee for work so I grabbed an energy shot from 7/11. Appears to be an offshoot of the 5 hour energy things. This is the second one I've gotten that has done nothing to give me energy and worst of all, they're like 4 dollars. Complete garbage and waste of cash. Nothing beats coffee.

Forgot coffee for work so I grabbed an energy shot from 7/11. Appears to be an offshoot of the 5 hour energy things. This is the second one I've gotten that has done nothing to give me energy and worst of all, they're like 4 dollars. Complete garbage and waste of cash. Nothing beats coffee.
I love my morning coffee but I don't need the caffeine. I sleep well and always awake very energetic. Wish I could find a decaf that tasted good but I don't think such a thing exists. Btw: Couldn't you get a coffee from 7 ELEVEN since you were there?

Cold-pressed ginger shot runs one about the same, no? Might be worth a try but won’t sub for coffee, of course.

I love my morning coffee but I don't need the caffeine. I sleep well and always awake very energetic. Wish I could find a decaf that tasted good but I don't think such a thing exists. Btw: Couldn't you get a coffee from 7 ELEVEN since you were there?
Wanted something for later, suppose I could have let the coffee get cold and reheated it. I'm working a 16 hour day and wanted a boost after the initial 8 hours to carry me through the rest.

Do you even pregame before work ;)

fourloko.jpg

Whether it's a shot or a drink, they've always been massively marked up.

A bottle of B complex vitamins and a bottle of caffeine pills are going to be a few dollars each compared to a case with 48+ servings of an energy shot or monster drinks.

If you prefer real coffee, you can get premium single origin coffee beans for less $ per cup than those shits.

5 Hour Energy seems to do less for me than coffee, monster's out.

Caffeine gets it done and saves you money.

I like my iced coffee but even that's a scam. you drink it and it gives you energy for a few hours and then you crash. Multivitamins and smoothies are the way BROTHER.

Once you quit caffeine you will actually have more energy. Caffeine just mimicks energy, once you quit you will sleep so much better and feel 100% better. Less stress and anxiety as well

Last edited:
Back