Elite UFC Fighters to never win a belt

Prove me wrong. Woodley is it. Id favor Woodley of today to put rory to sleep inside of 3. Moose has never beaten an elite ufc champ (outside of weidman fuckery) and rory beat maia (career of coming up short) and beat Att Woodley. Anything i missed.
Why prove u wrong if it´s flawless logic?

You´re a promising young man, keep up with the good work, you´re a future MMA Bert Sugar.

only guys I can think of at the moment would be Dan Henderson or Overeem

1. Mousasi... by far
2. Jacare... screwed in the Romero fight, ducked by others
3. Rory
4. Yoel

Gus had 2 title fights, both decisions, both toughest fights for Jones and DC.
Rumble had 2 title fights, being finished in both of them because of his poor fight IQ.
True. Rumble stomped Gus though, so that has to count for something right? I guess Gus is probably (definitely) the more complete fighter - definitely more mentally tough... but I still take Rumble over him. I also don't really believe in "moral victories" or "good losses" - so their losses are on equal footing to me. I prefer to just base this off of their similar careers with Rumble having the W head to head

True. Rumble stomped Gus though, so that has to count for something right? I guess Gus is probably (definitely) the more complete fighter - definitely more mentally tough... but I still take Rumble over him. I also don't really believe in "moral victories" or "good losses" - so their losses are on equal footing to me. I prefer to just base this off of their similar careers with Rumble having the W head to head
The 3 most important things ever to happen to Gus was losing to DC, Rumble and Jones.

I'm still waiting on his signature win.

The 3 most important things ever to happen to Gus was losing to DC, Rumble and Jones.

I'm still waiting on his signature win.
I mean, the guy definitely is an elite fighter... but when your biggest fans (of which there are many on sherdog) point to Gus' 2 big losses as his greatest accomplishments and proof of his greatness... I just don't understand that logic.

I mean, the guy definitely is an elite fighter... but when your biggest fans (of which there are many on sherdog) point to Gus' 2 big losses as his greatest accomplishments and proof of his greatness... I just don't understand that logic.
Exactly. Him ALMOST beating Jones and DC are literally the greatest feats of his career.

LOL. Diaz is a 0.500 UFC fighter who has never beat a legit Top 10 WW.
BJ Penn wasn't elite? Nick retired him. Choked Gomi when he was supposed to lose. The first and only guy to ever KO Robbie Lawler until Twood. Look at his record. Can you even do math?

Why dont u put wonderboy there? He aint winning a belt. His fans would get angry too if u think he aint elite

Rumble Johnson

Gus has lost to Rumble, Jones & DC - I don't see why you have him at #2
p3RCeXuXJaMYazMH9xjhvEbCj-HRmS5zflG5OvTVR9pdiNSnvF-VRUC-zv2Tftn5an7NSSFvN28j-HL0JSNUTnDw6TemaCqNGPJuJKM=w500-h280-nc

Haha I’ve always felt people rate Gus too high myself.

Karo Parysian
Matt fucking Lindland (fuck you Dana, you liar!)
Sakuraba? I'd think Pride would be an equivalent, but he was once a UFC fighter.

With about 1,000 fights happening per weekend you could argue just being in the UFC is being elite (not counting CM Punk types).

No. It just means you got into the UFC, at this point. You're possibly thinking about when it was "The Super Bowl of Mixed Martial Arts" and a proven, highly ranked fighter could come in to challenge a champ occasionally - but basically everyone held titles in smaller orgs.

Now it's more What's his name vs Whichamecallit than a gathering of MMA elite a lot of the time.

Gus Is clearly one of the best, look at his skills when tested against the two best LHW's ever. It's a lazy point to say he didn't win so his skills have no merit. Look at the way he finished Manuwa and Teixera as well. Rory and Moose are both top 3 in there respective divisions, and highly skilled when you actually watch there fights, instead of nitpicking losses. Kind of funny that they're fighting now.

Gus Is clearly one of the best, look at his skills when tested against the two best LHW's ever. It's a lazy point to say he didn't win so his skills have no merit. Look at the way he finished Manuwa and Teixera as well. Rory and Moose are both top 3 in there respective divisions, and highly skilled when you actually watch there fights, instead of nitpicking losses. Kind of funny that they're fighting now.
Who is Gus biggest win?

BJ Penn wasn't elite? Nick retired him. Choked Gomi when he was supposed to lose. The first and only guy to ever KO Robbie Lawler until Twood. Look at his record. Can you even do math?

BJ was on a 1 - 5 - 1 skid toward retirement when he fought Diaz. BJ beat the piss out of Nick in Round 1, outlanding him 33 - 20. Then couch potato BJ gassed.

Nice to see a Diaz Ball Licker mention BJ and Gomi as these great wins for Nick. Both a full head shorter than Nick. Both should have been fighting two weight classes below Nick. Tiny tot Frank Edgar put more of a beating on BJ than Nick was able to.

Oooh, Nick beat a young Robbie, years before Robbie had the skills to be a real Top 10 WW.

Nick Diaz, most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

But, but Weeeeeeeeeed!

BJ was on a 1 - 5 - 1 skid toward retirement when he fought Diaz. BJ beat the piss out of Nick in Round 1, outlanding him 33 - 20. Then couch potato BJ gassed.

Nice to see a Diaz Ball Licker mention BJ and Gomi as these great wins for Nick. Both a full head shorter than Nick. Both should have been fighting two weight classes below Nick. Tiny tot Frank Edgar put more of a beating on BJ than Nick was able to.

Oooh, Nick beat a young Robbie, years before Robbie had the skills to be a real Top 10 WW.

Nick Diaz, most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

But, but Weeeeeeeeeed!
Excuses excuses. Keep telling me all the reasons his wins don't count. You sound like an idiot

Back