Elite UFC Fighters to never win a belt

Just reminded me how overrated Gus is and how delusional some of his fans are.

So thank you for the laugh

Reply with something real or fuck off, I hope the eight years you have been on here hasn't been all shit posting.

Edit: And you must be a Jones fan.

Reply with something real or fuck off, I hope the eight years you have been on here hasn't been all shit posting.

Edit: And you must be a Jones fan.
Thinks Gus won both cormier and Jones fight yet calls my post shit posting.

Huge wins like Manuwa (LOL), teixaria (about 5 years past his prime) and blan(LOL).

Guy is the most overrated fighter on these forums.

LHW has had 3 good fighters in the past few years and Gus lost to every single one of them.

Anyone in the top 10/5 (depends on division) or who has fought for a title has to be considered elite.

SMH at folks in this thread thinking anyone who isn’t P4P or GOAT contention isn’t elite...

Are you serious? What an idiotic statement. If you just want to look at names on a record then that's your choice. But most people look at the actual quality of the wins, which is why only Diaz fanboys have him on any all time lists.

He's done very little throughout his career compared to elite wws.
Seriously? You're such a newbie, you can totally tell. I don't care but for your sake you might wanna quit speaking out of your ass, it makes you look foolish. Just some advice

Dan fucking Henderson.....

The guy is a natual 185 pounder with wins over two HW GOAT contenders (Fedor and Big Nog)

Fought more top 10 and top 5 fighters than any other MMA fighter in history.

The irony is, if he hadn't lost to Anderson Silva, he likely would have been champ for quite awhile as MW was much weaker at that time.

Thinks Gus won both cormier and Jones fight yet calls my post shit posting.

Huge wins like Manuwa (LOL), teixaria (about 5 years past his prime) and blan(LOL).

Guy is the most overrated fighter on these forums.

LHW has had 3 good fighters in the past few years and Gus lost to every single one of them.

Sent Jones to the hospital and nearly finished DC in a controversial decision while out wrestling both of them, if you can't see that he's high level than you either don't know what you're watching or you're just bias. Jan, Manuwa, and Glover are dangerous fighters, according to your prestigious rankings though the whole division is shit and it doesn't matter what any of them do.

Btw your first sentence makes it sound like you're addressing sherdog and not me, quit fishing for likes you dink.

1. Urijah Faber (WEC don’t count)
2. Alexander Gustafsson
3. Donald Cerrone
4. Demian Maia
5. Chad Mendes
6. Mark Hunt
7. Yoel Romero
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Rory MacDonald
10. Joe Benavidez/ John Dodson
Why is Pedro Rizzo not on this list?

Sent Jones to the hospital and nearly finished DC in a controversial decision while out wrestling both of them, if you can't see that he's high level than you either don't know what you're watching or you're just bias. Jan, Manuwa, and Glover are dangerous fighters, according to your prestigious rankings though the whole division is shit and it doesn't matter what any of them do.

Btw your first sentence makes it sound like you're addressing sherdog and not me, quit fishing for likes you dink.
He LOST to Jones no matter what you believe or think. And Jones did not have a serious camp or took Gus seriously. (FYI I thought he beat Jones too but it was a close fight and Gus was on zombie mode the entire 5th round because of that wicked elbow at the end of the 4th) At the end of that day JONES won.

I thought DC beat Gus 49-46.

Jan and Jimi are high level fighters but to call them elite is laughable and disrespectful to the actual elite.

Glover was elite, but lets not kid ourselves, when he fought Gus he was clearly on the decline. It was all over these boards.

Just because someone is dangerous doesn't make them elite.

If the Cleveland Browns lose to the New England Patriots 28-27 in overtime are they elite too?

Last edited:
He LOST to Jones no matter what you believe or think. And Jones did not have a serious camp or took Gus seriously. (FYI I thought he beat Jones too but it was a close fight and Gus was on zombie mode the entire 5th round because of that wicked elbow at the end of the 4th) At the end of that day JONES won.

I thought DC beat Gus 49-46.

Jan and Jimi are high level fighters but to call them elite is laughable and disrespectful to the actual elite.

Glover was elite, but lets not kid ourselves, when he fought Gus he was clearly on the decline. It was all over these boards.

Just because someone is dangerous doesn't make them elite.

If the Cleveland Browns lose to the New England Patriots 28-27 in overtime are they elite too?

If a fighter has the skills and ability to severely damage elite fighters and arguably beat them than he is also elite in my books. 3 judges opinions shouldn't be the basis of how good he is, because if it went the other way (which it easily could have) we wouldn't be having this conversation. He outwrestled Jones and Cormier ffs, which also just shows how good of an athlete he is. I don't consider Jan and Jimi elite but they're solid top ten wins, and even though Glover is passed his prime Gus still finished him impressively.

And in your scenario the Browns are in the top 2 of 30 teams, that sounds like elite to me. You don't need the belt to be an elite fighter in your division. Btw, I disagree with Jones not having a camp for Gus, that's all bs and excuses from his camp to save face.

1. Urijah Faber (WEC don’t count)
2. Alexander Gustafsson
3. Donald Cerrone
4. Demian Maia
5. Chad Mendes
6. Mark Hunt
7. Yoel Romero
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Rory MacDonald
10. Joe Benavidez/ John Dodson
• Jeremy Stephens
• Gilbert Melendez
• Cub Swanson

If a fighter has the skills and ability to severely damage elite fighters and arguably beat them than he is also elite in my books. 3 judges opinions shouldn't be the basis of how good he is, because if it went the other way (which it easily could have) we wouldn't be having this conversation. He outwrestled Jones and Cormier ffs, which also just shows how good of an athlete he is. I don't consider Jan and Jimi elite but they're solid top ten wins, and even though Glover is passed his prime Gus still finished him impressively.

And in your scenario the Browns are in the top 2 of 30 teams, that sounds like elite to me. You don't need the belt to be an elite fighter in your division. Btw, I disagree with Jones not having a camp for Gus, that's all bs and excuses from his camp to save face.
Save face? He won the fight.

I honestly think he underestimated Gus. I really do think if they fought again it will be 50-45 clean sweep for Jones.

And I didn't have Gus almost beating DC. I had DC 49-46. Which is exactly how one of the judges scored the fight.

And I don't remember Jones or DC really attempting to TD Gus. I remember DC picking Gus up, dropping him on his head and planting him on his back for the majority of the first round.

Maybe I'm tough on Gus but everytime he's had a chance to get a marquee win he loses. Plus he's been gifted a TS before. And he only fights 1 a year. People gave Aldo hell for that and it seems Gus gets a pass.

Back