Election Hijinks Thread: GOP about to steal election in GA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.2d8035979f40

Tl;dr:

-GOP Gov. Brian Kemp is in a tight Race with Democrat Stacey Abrams
---Kemp is also the Sec. of State, which is the top election official in GA
-----Kemp has refused to recuse himself from overseeing his own election despite the huge conflict of interest

-GA's GOP controlled legislatiure Implemented an “Exact Match” policy to suppress voters
---Exact Match: Information on voter application must be an exact match. A data entry error or typo will put the application on hold. No notification is sent to the applicant to let them know about the error.
---Data analysis shows that Exact Match registrations on hold is 70% black compared to the state’s 32% black population

-A disproportionate amount of stalled applications were from brought in from New Georgia Project, an organization that seeks to register disenfranchised voters.
---New Georgia Project was founded by Abrams, his current opponent, 5 years ago

-The current Federal Supreme Court will probably allow this kind of behavior to continue

This kind of stuff makes me sick. I'm sure the voter-suppression apologists will come in and defend this on some grounds, but I'd rather just the trolls come in and spam the gorilla emoji.
Tl;dr:

If you can't win elections steal them.

5f52c9_54fd67cf3cf8466e8a0884d7003900a9.jpg_srz_p_317_420_75_22_0.5_1__91469.1516463551.jpg

Good. Also lol at you white liberals worshipping black people talk about self hate.

So believing black US citizens have a right to vote is "worshipping black people"?? How recent was your catastrophic brain injury?

The Democrats already stole it from themselves:

Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams said Tuesday that the “blue wave” is comprised of “undocumented” immigrants, among many others.

Abrams made these comments in front of supporters at the Clayton County campaign office during an event with Senator Elizabeth Warren, as first reported by The Washington Free Beacon.

“The thing of it is, the blue wave is African American. It’s white, it’s Latino, it’s Asian-Pacific Islander,” said Abrams, “it is disabled, it is differently-abled, it is LGBTQ, it is law enforcement, it is veterans.”

“It is made up of those who’ve been told that they are not worthy of being here. It is comprised of those who are documented and undocumented.”

Can this go immediately to the Supreme Court, or does it have to go through the state system first? Clearly he can't oversee his own election.
Most likely the Georgia SC would need to rule on it as it likely involves the Georgia constitution and Georgia election over a Georgia position. Why would it be a federal issue off the bat?

Edit - well, if they use this law in federal elections too I suppose that might help get to the federal jurisdiction. But I doubt it would get to SCOTUS right away given their attitude in refusing to hear the DACA case before the court of appeals heard it first. But that would be over the voting laws themselves rather than conflict of interest I think

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.2d8035979f40

Tl;dr:

-GOP Gov. Brian Kemp is in a tight Race with Democrat Stacey Abrams
---Kemp is also the Sec. of State, which is the top election official in GA
-----Kemp has refused to recuse himself from overseeing his own election despite the huge conflict of interest

-GA's GOP controlled legislatiure Implemented an “Exact Match” policy to suppress voters
---Exact Match: Information on voter application must be an exact match. A data entry error or typo will put the application on hold. No notification is sent to the applicant to let them know about the error.
---Data analysis shows that Exact Match registrations on hold is 70% black compared to the state’s 32% black population

-A disproportionate amount of stalled applications were from brought in from New Georgia Project, an organization that seeks to register disenfranchised voters.
---New Georgia Project was founded by Abrams, his current opponent, 5 years ago

-The current Federal Supreme Court will probably allow this kind of behavior to continue

This kind of stuff makes me sick. I'm sure the voter-suppression apologists will come in and defend this on some grounds, but I'd rather just the trolls come in and spam the gorilla emoji.

Leave it to Higus to post an opinion piece by the deranged Paul Waldman as a factual description.

There's so much wrong with this piece that it's really hard to know where to start critiquing it.

Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams said Tuesday that the “blue wave” is comprised of “undocumented” immigrants, among many others.

Abrams made these comments in front of supporters at the Clayton County campaign office during an event with Senator Elizabeth Warren, as first reported by The Washington Free Beacon.

“The thing of it is, the blue wave is African American. It’s white, it’s Latino, it’s Asian-Pacific Islander,” said Abrams, “it is disabled, it is differently-abled, it is LGBTQ, it is law enforcement, it is veterans.”

“It is made up of those who’ve been told that they are not worthy of being here. It is comprised of those who are documented and undocumented.”

so I guess it's a wash. I mean, we have one lady saying illegals are voting, and on the other hand, we have systematic corruption and voter suppression by a major party in a state level race. It's all goooo!

so I guess it's a wash. I mean, we have one lady saying illegals are voting, and on the other hand, we have systematic corruption and voter suppression by a major party in a state level race. It's all goooo!

Voter suppression of say..... non-citizens? Stop the madness!

No, it's not a wash.

On one hand, we have the Democratic candidate encouraging illegal immigrants to vote for her.

On the other hand, we have the Secretary of State/Republican candidate insisting that the Democratic candidate's voter registration group fill out their forms properly when signing up new voters.

The Democrat (Abrams) is in the one in the wrong here.

By the way: if I were from Georgia, I would probably call on Kemp to recuse himself from election-related matters in his capacity as Secretary of State until after the election. However, that is a matter for Georgia voters to sort out. Our system is built on state's rights and federalism, not a bunch of Sherbros across the world telling Georgia how to run its elections.

Lol non citizens voting. Joke of a country.

Back