Egyptian parliament considers outlawing atheism

And this is why it makes so much sense to be importing these neanderthals into western countries.

There’s such a thing as a progressive Muslim society?
Even relatively Egypt isn't progressive compared to other Muslim countries so if there is one its definitely not Egypt.

Just saw this on the Swedish news. They have a movement where more and more young people question the old customs and traditions, and the reporter interviewed 2 guys from that same movement and their decision not to believe in a god. But they take a high risk talking openly about. In the same news they were also showing this clip.

I must say. I´m a very open minded person, but to see this man being pushed over like that?

Who can live in a place where you can´t even express yourself when you in fact was invited to give an opinion?

I really dislike religion and what it does with people.

Last edited:
I'm down with Egypt not banning atheism, but teaching Christianity, Judaism, Islam and other religions in their schools. No better way to ensure a supply of atheists.

Just saw this on the Swedish news. They have a movement where more and more young people question the old customs and traditions, and the reporter interviewed 2 guys from that same movement and their decision not to believe in a god. But they take a high risk talking openly about. In the same news they were also showing this clip.

I must say. I´m a very open minded person, but to see this man being pushed over like that?

Who can live in a place where you can´t even express yourself when you in fact was invited to give an opinion?

I really dislike religion and what it does with people.

I'm sure history will be kind to the t.v. show host there.

Thank Reason for the likes of Hitchens who have exposed these charlatans for who they are.

Fuck Egypt

You can replace Egypt with any currently Islamic country honestly. Turkey and Indonesia aren’t what they used to be sadly

I'm sure history will be kind to the t.v. show host there.

Thank Reason for the likes of Hitchens who have exposed these charlatans for who they are.

The host and the man was created by the god guy don´t know the meaning of a more restraint discussion. For them it´s all about shouting and ridiucle with closed ears. Is this the only way they can voice their opinion? By screaming at people? I´m shocked to see this happening on LIVE Tv.

Reporter (Roger I. Sherman): Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
G.H.W. Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

“Our rights are not given to us by man. Our rights come from our Creator.”

“Faith is central to American life and to liberty.”

“As long as we open our hearts to God’s grace, America will be free, the home of the brave and the light to all nations.”

“America is a nation of believers, and together we are strengthened by the power of prayer.”

~Donny Moscow

Reporter (Roger I. Sherman): Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
G.H.W. Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are Atheists?

Bush (Senr): I guess I'm pretty weak in the Atheist community. Faith in god is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are Atheists?

Bush (Senr): No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush (Senr): Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on Atheists.

Bush (Senr): I guess I'm pretty weak in the Atheist community. Faith in god is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are Atheists?

Bush (Senr): No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush (Senr): Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on Atheists.

Regardless of how out of context his quote was it's mad that quoting Bush should even be an argument anyway. There's a bit of a difference between someone's personal views and stuff that is enshrined in law. Bush not liking atheists was never going to turn into them being outlawed in the US. @OeuvrePressure up your game, that shit was weak.

I would guess the path to peace and safety is fewer religious nutjobs, not more.

And this is why it makes so much sense to be importing these neanderthals into western countries.
I agree on the importing regressive backwards cultures/people who won't change and will try to change us. We have our own religious chauvinists but fortunately they don't have power and most Americans don't back their ideas of religious imposition.

That still makes Bush Snr look like an anti-democratic religious bigot. And I am dam sure he doesn't believe in god, he is feigns it for cultural and political reasons.

That still makes Bush Snr look like an anti-democratic religious bigot. And I am dam sure he doesn't believe in god, he is feigns it for cultural and political reasons.
He slaughtered so many atheists too

Back