Egyptian parliament considers outlawing atheism

Progressive muslim societies guys!

Lets import more of these so they become a big voting block!

Even better. Lets crush their democracy and support their military dictatorships then cry about immigrants.

The Arabusation of South East Asia is unforetunate we suposed to have our own Identity even before the Islamic culture arived via Indian merchants.

Despite how modern Arab countries are, Islam is supposed to be a global religion. Arab can be bad Muslims too and other Muslims putting them on a pedastal is dumb.

The Arabusation of South East Asia is unforetunate we suposed to have our own Identity even before the Islamic culture arived via Indian merchants.

As a lover of history, I must admit...its fascinating just how ubiquitous (many might say pervasive) the Abrahamic religions have been in terms of affecting mankind on a macro level.

The Christianization of Europe and subsequently the Americas, and Oceania.

The Arabization/Islamization of the African continent and Southeast Asia etc.

Thousands of civilizations, cultures, and peoples....consumed.

When you think about it only East Asia has managed to endure unscathed from the establishment of these belief systems.

The Middle East/Levant can really be argued to be the single most impactful region in all of recorded history when you consider all these facts.

I wasn't planning on moving to Egypt anyway
Only because ladyboy in Google steered you to SE Asia. Don't act like this was related.

This is just a bad govt finding a scapegoat

Despite how modern Arab countries are, Islam is supposed to be a global religion. Arab can be bad Muslims too and other Muslims putting them on a pedastal is dumb.

Its unfortunate that Islam in the Middlea east has been highly politicize and has become part of their identity politics and I am not even talking about terrorist cells here.

This version of political Islam has slowly creeped into south east Asia specially among intelectual Muslims who wants to create their own identity but just end up being a supremacist or outright corrupt and divisive.

Most of the Muslims I know in my town don't care about this identity politics and islamism they are more than happy to live in this non Islamic country as long as they can put food on the table.

But those more well off or more educated Muslims thinks they have it all figure out and that their Islamic ways must be upheld above secularism at the expense of social harmony.

I know a couple of Indonesian devout Muslims who views the saudis as corrupt and in a way destroying the Indonesian national culture.

As a lover of history, I must admit...its fascinating just how ubiquitous (many might say pervasive) the Abrahamic religions have been in terms of affecting mankind on a macro level.

The Christianization of Europe and subsequently the Americas, and Oceania.

The Arabization/Islamization of the African continent and Southeast Asia etc.

Thousands of civilizations, cultures, and peoples....consumed.

When you think about it only East Asia has managed to endure unscathed from the establishment of these belief systems.

The Middle East/Levant can really be argued to be the single most impactful region in all of recorded history when you consider all these facts.

Yup very interesting perspective have you read about the Nestorian Christianity ariving in mainland China before the Europeans?

Yup very interesting perspective have you read about the Nestorian Christianity ariving in mainland China before the Europeans?

I've just read a little bit on it. Thanks. Interesting indeed.

The Mongols actually being quite tolerant and even supportive of Christians (specifically Nestorian) in their society is even more fascinating to me, considering we modern ppl tend to view them as barbaric, intolerant savages.

I've just read a little bit on it. Thanks. Interesting indeed.

The Mongols actually being quite tolerant and even supportive of Christians (specifically Nestorian) in their society is even more fascinating to me, considering we modern ppl tend to view them as barbaric, intolerant savages.

I think Nestorian Christianity was the furthest east Christianity spread without European intervention.

Today the Philippines is a predominant Catholic country since it was discovered by the explorers Ferdinand Magellan and Villaloboz back in the 1500s.

Now can you immagine if Nestorian Christianity have not died out in China and had become the dominant faith?

Considering China is very closed to the Islands of the Philippines Chinese missionaries would have converted the natives before the Magelan expeditions.

And the Spanish missionaries would be shock to see the natives already praying to the cross and Christian bible written in Chinese characters.

I bet they will be like "Wtf?" How do the hell do they know about Christianity already?

Its unfortunate that Islam in the Middlea east has been highly politicize and has become part of their identity politics and I am not even talking about terrorist cells here.

This version of political Islam has slowly creeped into south east Asia specially among intelectual Muslims who wants to create their own identity but just end up being a supremacist or outright corrupt and divisive.

Most of the Muslims I know in my town don't care about this identity politics and islamism they are more than happy to live in this non Islamic country as long as they can put food on the table.

But those more well off or more educated Muslims thinks they have it all figure out and that their Islamic ways must be upheld above secularism at the expense of social harmony.

I know a couple of Indonesian devout Muslims who views the saudis as corrupt and in a way destroying the Indonesian national culture.

That type of political islam is going to go the way of secular arab nationalism of the 60s to 80s over the next few decades. Mostly because the countries pushing that like Saudi Arabia are burning themselves out ideologically and iran cant fill that role because its shia while the defeat of groups like isis just makes those kind of movements less appealing to the glory seeking idiots as a whole.

Trust me. Nobody is a bigger hypocrite of wahabism than saudi arabia. They sent their women to universities while arming groups like the taliban who attack girls schools in afghanistan.

That type of political islam is going to go the way of secular arab nationalism of the 60s to 80s over the next few decades. Mostly because the countries pushing that like Saudi Arabia are burning themselves out ideologically and iran cant fill that role because its shia while the defeat of groups like isis just makes those kind of movements less appealing to the glory seeking idiots as a whole.

Trust me. Nobody is a bigger hypocrite of wahabism than saudi arabia. They sent their women to universities while arming groups like the taliban who attack girls schools in afghanistan.
Agreed hopefully the new Saudi Royals can diversify the Saudi ecconomy so it can provide better jobs and education to its citizens and be more productive.

People tend to join extremist groups when they are desperate

Back