News Edson Barboza vs Lerone Murphy set for main event on May 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Seeing as Barboza just won an Apex main event, there's no reason anyone should be complaining about this.

With this said, bless Barboza's soul. I think Murphy is going to win this pretty easily.

2 out of 29 of barboza's UFC fights have been an apex main event. They sure do love him for main events at the apex.....

EDIT: Silly me, using facts as some kind of proof of evidence in 2024

Not disagreeing with your point but you can also look at it as the Apex first started holding fights in 2020 and in early 2024 Edson will already have headlined 3 cards there.

Not the main event I was hoping for on my birthday. Maybe drinking will make it seem better?

They fucking love Edson and Rozenstruik for Apex main events
Three times in <3 calendar years for Barboza does seem like a trend.

I'll be cheering for the sounds like (County) Tyrone so presumably Irish (?) Lerone Murphy.

Fun Facts:
Murphy is 3-0 (2 decisions) vs Brazilians in the UFC
Barboza is 1-3 when headlining in the UFC; and 0-3 as the A-side.
He's also 4-0 (2 stoppages) in the UFC against opponents from the Commonwealth.

Does any of that matter?
Probably not.

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else but didn’t lerone Murphy get hurt pretty bad by a seemingly not so powerful shot and have to recover to win a decision in one of his fights?

Rooting for edson either way

Seeing as Barboza just won an Apex main event, there's no reason anyone should be complaining about this.

With this said, bless Barboza's soul. I think Murphy is going to win this pretty easily.

Didn't Murphy just lose to Gabriel Santos? I expect Murphy to win but eh, Barboza could pull off magic, dudes still super talented. Sometimes chins just hold up or shots don't land right.

Back