Edson Barboza: "I don't care if he comes in 300 lbs, I'm in.".

We, Brazilians, aren't afraid of no man's weight.

Imagine how rich Royce would be if his opponents had to give him money for being overweight?

That's a moronic thing to say. They offered her the fight & win bonus to NOT fight and it was the last fight on her contract either way, so if she stayed ont he card she'd be fighting for $0. Also MMA needs more people like her who stand up for themselves, these company yes-men who will do anything to try and move up the ladder are why UFC gets away with what it does.

Erm no, she'd be fighting and getting her show money 20% of her opponents purse + 5k and if she wins, her win bonus.

Each to their own opinion, but in my mind we need MMA fighters who want to fight, not MMA fighters who want to get paid and not fight.

That's a moronic thing to say. They offered her the fight & win bonus to NOT fight and it was the last fight on her contract either way, so if she stayed ont he card she'd be fighting for $0. Also MMA needs more people like her who stand up for themselves, these company yes-men who will do anything to try and move up the ladder are why UFC gets away with what it does.
So she said no fuck you while not having a contract with the company.

Yea that's gonna work well when you renegotiate LMAO

Erm no, she'd be fighting and getting her show money 20% of her opponents purse + 5k and if she wins, her win bonus.

Each to their own opinion, but in my mind we need MMA fighters who want to fight, not MMA fighters who want to get paid and not fight.
She'd also go into contract negotiations that she helped the card, instead now the ufc have just lowballed her and don't care that she's gone.

What she going to get now?

5/5

But but but but but but Leslie Smith and John Dodson told me.....

Respect to Barboza, true warrior. Win or lose I will support this dude every time he fights. And I hope he trashes Lee tomorrow. Flying knee from hell baby!

So she said no fuck you while not having a contract with the company.

Yea that's gonna work well when you renegotiate LMAO
Lol so much this.

Yet people are confused by UFC's decision to fire her.

Try to pull this shit in real life with your boss or in your company and see how it turns out for you.

I bet you half this board would beat Kevin Lee if he came in at 300 pounds. The guy is a manlet and only like 5'7, he would be so obese @ 300 lbs that he could not walk up a flight of stairs. I def would want to fight a 300 lb 5'7 Lee than one that has less than 10% bf.

Lol so much this.

Yet people are confused by UFC's decision to fire her.

Try to pull this shit in real life with your boss or in your company and see how it turns out for you.
Piss the boss off before you go for a raise.

How can that go wrong?

Many fights are cancelled because the rival didnt take the catchweight fight? I dont think i can recall one, i remember a fight in NY was cancelled because a fighter missed weight by over 7lbs, according to NYSAC rules the fight gets cancelled, and i think it was Cerrone who weigh-in earlier, but he was willing to fight with that difference and would had missed weight on purpose so the fight could had been done if he had the chance, then we have Leslie Smith.

Last edited:
a0EynWZ.gif

Almost IN..?
Consider it a preview ↓↓↓ for 2morrow night fights full reveal at the hot spot Sherdog PBP fight calling threads. Shouting out my bad ass @Jackonfire always keeping it live on fight Nights/Ppv's PBP

352793-12176609.png
Kevin is gonna gas... "Hard"...

a0EynWZ.gif

Almost IN..?
Consider it a preview ↓↓↓ for 2morrow night fights full reveal at the hot spot Sherdog PBP fight calling threads. Shouting out my bad ass @Jackonfire always keeping it live on fight Nights/Ppv's PBP

352793-12176609.png
Kevin is gonna gas... "Hard"...

Ya i got it right the last time, and i also think he is gonna gas but i actually think he will finish him in the third. My last event ;)

50149-1398316.png

Ya i got it right the last time, and i also think he is gonna gas but i actually think he will finish him in the third. My last event ;)

50149-1398316.png

<TheWire1> Would you look at that ^^^ @Mr hanky look at this fight caller, hate f*king show-offs (unless it's me)

I think Barboza should have taken more time off. Khabib just beat the hell out of him.

She would've also got 20% of Ladd's purse + $5k if she took the fight. She would not have been fighting for free

Maybe the card would've been all decisions and she could've got the only knockout on the entire card. That's an extra $50k

She could've gained a lot had she fought and won but chose not to. It's fine but there was no "fighting for free" going on here

I legit did not know he speaks English. Didn’t they always have a translator for him? Makes me wonder if Jose Aldo speaks English...

Back