Media Eddie Hearn: 'We reached out to Ngannou for Joshua fight - never heard anything back'

Meant to say AJ has one KO in last 4 fights, but fucked it up.

You're also right that 6'9 is bollocks. But the point is, he is a massive bastard because he's got the weight on top of the height.

Anyway, I grow tired of this speculation. If Francis doesn't get the Fury rematch and never fights AJ or Zhang or Wilder etc. then we can call him/his handlers scared.

Right now there's a perfectly legit reason to wait for the Fury-Usyk fight to happen, even if I think it is misguided
I just edited my post to include "Usyk and Franklin have never been stopped by anyone in the pros."

Again, I never said anyone was scared. This is a business. Certain types of fighters are navigated around at times by a fighter's team that handles them. Or the fighter himself. Waiting for Fury-Usyk is silly considering there's a two-way rematch clause. He'll be waiting quite a while for the winner and frankly he doesn't deserve a shot at undisputed. Having a competitive fight with Fury but ultimately losing the decision isn't enough to warrant it. Both Fury & Usyk will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. Ngannou would be wise to fight someone else in the interim.

I just edited my post to include "Usyk and Franklin have never been stopped by anyone in the pros."

Again, I never said anyone was scared. This is a business. Certain types of fighters are navigated around at times by a fighter's team that handles them. Or the fighter himself. Waiting for Fury-Usyk is silly considering there's a two-way rematch clause. He'll be waiting quite a while for the winner and frankly he doesn't deserve a shot at undisputed. Having a competitive fight with Fury but ultimately losing the decision isn't enough to warrant it. Both Fury & Usyk will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. Ngannou would be wise to fight someone else in the interim.

I didn't realize there was a two-way rematch cause. I had just assumed Fury the diva would insist on one-way.

In which case, yes it would seemingly be extremely retarded for Francis to wait. However, we can't ignore that Francis is contracted to PFL. We don't know how much that is impacting his team's decisions.

I didn't realize there was a two-way rematch cause. I had just assumed Fury the diva would insist on one-way.

In which case, yes it would seemingly be extremely retarded for Francis to wait. However, we can't ignore that Francis is contracted to PFL. We don't know how much that is impacting his team's decisions.
Sources: Tyson Fury, Oleksandr Usyk have two-way rematch clause

Expect Fury & Usyk to rematch again immediately. Unless the winner retires. Then there won't be a rematch. We also have to factor in recovery time. If they do go through with both fights, and injuries are involved, it'll take even longer. I know Ngannou is with the PFL. They seem to be pretty lenient with him though. Especially since they made him a shareholder.

Well, he's only fought one boxer so that would make sense. Sample size isn't exactly large.
Not positive about this but I think he might have combat fight experience that involved getting punched though.

Everyone seems to have missed this with all the hoopla around this fight.

Ngannou showed a granite chin but got hit with a bunch of really clean hard shots. The people around him that know boxing might be worried that if it wasn't Fury hitting him it wouldn't have all worked out so well.

Disappointing though would love to see him vs another top hw

Not positive about this but I think he might have combat fight experience that involved getting punched though.
Wow, really? And those non-boxers did not hit as hard as the heavyweight champion in sport exclusively about punching?

Now, this news is insane to me.

The other KO artist he fought are kickboxers (I suppose JDS when he was a million years old was a "boxer"?), and I'm not positive about this, but kickboxers in fact, do not punch as hard as boxers.

Literally the hardest hitting fighter he fought in MMA he didn't even take a single notable punch from. Who is even the hardest hitter he took a shot from - 90 year old JDS?

Literally the hardest hitting fighter he fought in MMA he didn't even take a single notable punch from. Who is even the hardest hitter he took a shot from - 90 year old JDS?
Lewis actually did hit him clean once or twice, as I said before. It was just a taste of his power and Ngannou wanted none of it.
Lewis.jpg

Ruiz would likely price himself out. I also see him showing up even more out of shape than Fury and putting on a stinker.
Andy ruiz is in probably the best shape of his life only problem might be that he would come in small AF vs ngannou. I don't think the financial stuff would hard to figure out for that fight give them both 12 mil plus a ppv cut

Wow, really? And those non-boxers did not hit as hard as the heavyweight champion in sport exclusively about punching?

The other KO artist he fought are kickboxers (I suppose JDS when he was a million years old was a "boxer"?), and I'm not positive about this, but kickboxers in fact, do not punch as hard as boxers.

Cain hit him with some punches that would have wobbled other fighters ngannou has an iron chin.

Andy ruiz is in probably the best shape of his life only problem might be that he would come in small AF vs ngannou. I don't think the financial stuff would hard to figure out for that fight give them both 12 mil plus a ppv cut

Looks like he’s recently had a shoulder surgery so I don’t expect to see him back before Spring. In shape and motivated I think he’d beat Ngannou rather easily, but he probably needs a high profile victory or two before anyone considers giving him 12 million again.

Said it before I doubt he gets into the ring with either AJ, Wilder, or Zhang.

He said Furys punches hurt him more than anyone ever has.
Hes not getting in with those 3 guys who hit vastly harder.

There's a nice juicy crow for you to eat here.

Francis is making the right call here. Can't screw around waiting for a Fury/Usyk fight that may never come when you're this old. Take the payday while it is there.

There's a nice juicy crow for you to eat here.

Francis is making the right call here. Can't screw around waiting for a Fury/Usyk fight that may never come when you're this old. Take the payday while it is there.
Is the fight actually signed?

Ngannou has faced heavy hitters in MMA, Stipe, Lewis, JDS and Rozenstruik. But it's hardly relevant because he barely got hit. Stipe landed the cleanest punches of the list and he must have landed 4 or 5 serious punches in their 2 fights.

It's a big misconception people have about him. Ngannou is not easy to hit, and almost impossible to hit hard repeatedly. He takes very little damage even when the fights last.

Interesting to see if they do 10 rounds or 12. I dont see Francis winning a 12 round decision here, he needs the KO. Lucky for him AJ's chin is suspect.

Saw that it’s going to be 10 rounds.

Ngannou has faced heavy hitters in MMA, Stipe, Lewis, JDS and Rozenstruik. But it's hardly relevant because he barely got hit. Stipe landed the cleanest punches of the list and he must have landed 4 or 5 serious punches in their 2 fights.

It's a big misconception people have about him. Ngannou is not easy to hit, and almost impossible to hit hard repeatedly. He takes very little damage even when the fights last.
It's a big misconception that Ngannou is hittable? The guy literally doesn't move his head or feet. His defense is really porous. He doesn't get hit as much as he otherwise would because his power acts as a deterrent for opponents that want to open up. The guys you just listed as hitters in MMA don't hit nearly as hard as Joshua does. Ngannou was able to take clean shots off of Stipe but against Joshua it's a recipe for being put to sleep. Few have survived Joshua and those that did still got floored with the exception of only a couple fighters (Usyk & Franklin come to mind).

Back