Eddie Alvarez Speaks About Mike Perry after BKFC 56 Main Event: "That Guy is a F**king Battle-Axe."

Substance Abuse

The Best is Blessed Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Eddie Alvarez may have fallen short in his battle of wills against Mike Perry at BKFC 56, but the setback won’t stop his drive to continue pursuing bare-knuckle boxing.

“I love this. I do. I truly [do],” Alvarez said at the event’s post-fight press conference. “I came out here and I was my best self. My coaches loved what I was doing. I was on point, I was sharp. The lead-up to this fight was really good, I was sparring heavyweights, doing well. Unfortunately this sport is so volatile, you just don’t know. You could have the cleanest fight, and I think my orbital’s smashed up and that’s it, that’s all she wrote. It f****** sucks, man, because it was a good show. The fans won tonight. I didn’t win but the fans won.”

Alvarez, 39, stood toe-to-toe and traded punches with Perry for two brutal rounds in Saturday’s main event before his corner stopped the bout because of the mounting damage on his left eye.

The result moved Perry’s record in bare-knuckle boxing to 4-0 and saw “Platinum” crowned as the new “King of Violence” in BKFC. Perry has now beaten former UFC champions Alvarez and Luke Rockhold in BKFC, as well as one-time Bellator title challenger Michael Page, en route to emerging as the biggest star in bare-knuckle boxing.

And while Alvarez had his moments in the bout, “The Underground King” couldn’t help but come away impressed by the resiliency his foe displayed over their two-round battle.

“I was surprised,” Alvarez said. “In sparring I land these shots on the bigger guys and I don’t know if I hurt my opponents pretty good, but with a bare fist I thought for sure Mike would go down. He didn’t. My hat’s off to Mike Perry. The guy’s a f****** battle ax. He can take a shot, he can keep plodding forward and give them. He reminds me of myself a lot, so I was fighting a little mirror of myself in there tonight and Mike was the better man. Look, I take my wins, I’ll take my losses the same way — with my head [held] high.”

“Tonight I dared to be great,” Alvarez continued. “I went up a weight class with Mike. I did, I really dared to be great, and I thought, with everything in me, I can beat a bigger guy, given my skill set, given his style. I’m not going back on anything. I thought I could beat Mike Perry tonight, bigger or not, and I didn’t. I came up short. And hey, this f****** sport, bro, that’s why I love it.”

Alvarez is now 1-1 in his foray into bare-knuckle boxing. He debuted in BKFC this past April with a thrilling split decision win over three-time UFC title challenger Chad Mendes.

Alvarez indicated on Saturday that he has every intention of fighting again, and when asked about an idea floated post-fight by BKFC founder David Feldman of running back a rematch against Perry in Alvarez’s native Philadelphia, the former UFC champ sprung to life.

“Oh man, that’d be a beautiful motherf****** thing, I’ll you that,” Alvarez said. “Hey, one more time, Mikey, please. Give it to me. You come to north Philly, you do me that favor, big dog.”

Link: Eddie Alvarez Talks About BKFC fight with Mike Perry

Thanks for this. I was wondering why Alvarez threw in the towel. He's tough as nails and he seemed like he was winning the fight at certain points. Great match none-the-less, and would love to see him come back again for another main/comain event.

Thanks for this. I was wondering why Alvarez threw in the towel. He's tough as nails and he seemed like he was winning the fight at certain points. Great match none-the-less, and would love to see him come back again for another main/comain event.
His face was broken and to limit permanent nerve damage and blindness

What the fuck, Eddie fought Platinum in bare-knuckle?!

That sounds like the entirety of humankind set aside their differences for one single night to get together and honor the Just Bleed Gods with the greatest offering they could possibly muster.

Need to see that asap.

I still remember Micky Gall boxing him up for a round, glad he found his niche though.

The absolute last thing Eddie Alvarez needed was more brain damage.

Brutal he's taking moronic fights like this.

I have been an avid fan of UFC, PRIDE, WEC, and Strikeforce since 1995, but for some reason, this bareknuckle fighting seems a little too extreme for me. I look at the fighters of this, as end of the road palooka's, who can't do anything else in life but fight. Half the time, the fighters faces look like they were in a 100 mph car crash and went through the windshield! It's kind of sad to see for me.

Head is Cement

He has the dog in him

Whole body is Plat'num

He's got riddim since he is black

Never quits

He was made for Bareknuckle

Everyone should know this before accepting to fight Perry

1701800494288.png

Last edited:
I knew Eddie would want another shot!​

Hope Perry gets to bang with "Showtime" Pettis (who proved himself by beating Roy Jones Jr.) and then gives Eddie that rematch.

War Platinum !​

Everything you said sounds like a bad dream

I knew Eddie would want another shot!​

Hope Perry gets to bang with "Showtime" Pettis (who proved himself by beating Roy Jones Jr.) and then gives Eddie that rematch.

War Platinum !​
Pettis ain't got that dog in him.

That was a fun fight.

Perry is beating guys that are better than him by being more crazy. Glad to see him doing well.

Back