News Darren Till to Karate Combat not BKFC?

jj manchester

Internets. Serious Business.
@Brown
Reaction score
I thought Darren was on his way to BKFC for a showdown with Mike Perry but a UK newspaper is reporting that he's heading to Karate Combat. Bit of a curveball if true. Do those guys pay well? I've heard Rogan and Bas Rutten raving about them but I don't know what the money is like.

I thought he was trying to get into the youtuber boxing scene. Might be the most lucrative option, but he's been out of the public eye for a while now.

Gonna get slept by Sam Alvey

Gonna get slept by Sam Alvey
Alvey went to B2 and now fights at heavyweight, believe it or not.
There is literally a greater chance we will see Sam Alvey vs Francis Ngannou than Ngannou/Jones.
He won his HW debut, making it his first win since a split decision with Gian Villante 5 years ago

darren has been retired from fighting for years due to injuries and mental health.
hes here for pay checks. he didn't look that bad vs ddp considering ddp is on a roll right now and pushes an insane pace but he still seemed to mentally break in that fight. I just don't expect much but disappointment. With that said it would be super awesome if hes in karate combat or bkfc and takes it serious.

Surprised he's not boxing Jake Paul, or does Paul only want to box smaller washed guys.

I honestly think Till should stop wasting time with all this BS and come back to the UFC. Assuming he's all healed up and his body and mind are right.

His last few losses have aged like the finest of wines. Razor thin loss to Whittaker, where he dropped him, gave DDP his hardest fight in the UFC so far, and he might be the next champion. Brunson loss is by far the worst of them, but even he just went to the PFL and easily beat one of the most successful fighters they've ever had.

Darren may be a bit of a joke around here, but he still has something to offer the sport imo.

Karate Combat is stupid. Most fights just turn into regular striking affairs since it very fast becomes a real fight and just relying on traditional karate techniques would be retarded so they throw strikes from all styles.

I thought Darren was on his way to BKFC for a showdown with Mike Perry but...

I think fighters are starting to realize that fighting Mike Perry bare knuckle is not a great idea.
After watching Luke Rockhold get his teeth broken I feel like the line to trade knuckle skin with Platinum got pretty short.

Props to Eddie Alvarez, that is a fight I am looking forward to possibly more than anything the UFC has on deck.
Eddie is a real one.

I thought Darren was on his way to BKFC for a showdown with Mike Perry but a UK newspaper is reporting that he's heading to Karate Combat. Bit of a curveball if true. Do those guys pay well? I've heard Rogan and Bas Rutten raving about them but I don't know what the money is like.

Everything on their pay front is still pretty quiet, but their system can be weird. First off, there's team sponsorships, plus a percentage of the 'karate tokens," and shit like that, and Alvey said that his contract was set up on such a way that he gets about triple the purse for a KO

Edit, I also hear they offer 6 figure contracts to Olympic medalists

Till has no business at BKFC, would be like Rockhold all over again. Perry would brutalize him. He doesn't beat Jake in boxing either. Doesn't even beat Nate imo, I don't know who he could even fight tbh. Should just stick with MMA, sign with PFL and start with an easy fight to see where he's at

Alvey went to B2 and now fights at heavyweight, believe it or not.
There is literally a greater chance we will see Sam Alvey vs Francis Ngannou than Ngannou/Jones.
He won his HW debut, making it his first win since a split decision with Gian Villante 5 years ago

He did karate combat after that and he has another fight lined up with them.

Till was trying to get a fight with the Paul bros a while back but it looks like that ship has sailed. Darren is wasting some of his best years

He is more of a kick guy. His hands were also breaking if I recall correctly

Back