Easy way to permenantly get rid of ringworm?

FUBAR76

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. Other than getting that shot, are there any over the counter meds that do the same job? This of course is going to happen from time to time as it has throughout the years but I'm kinda tired of having to go to the docs. It's pretty inconvenient ya know?

i had three of those things on my face for a good month about five years ago, i tried several treatments and nothing worked, i know this is gonna sound absurd but believe it or not the best thing i did was scrub it down real hard with a bathing sponge and within a week it was gone, but theres different type of ringworm so get it checked with a doctor first

You can get some pretty good anti-fungal creams from on line pharmacies, but there is no permanent way to get rid of it. There are various oral medications (pills) that are very powerful, and will get rid of it, but once you have finished your medication, you can still get it.

not what you asked specifically, but make sure once the worm isn't visible anymore, you must CONTINUE to apply the cream to the area for at least a week.

the fungo is deep in the skin, and is likely to come back w/o continued treatment.....and an added kick in the pants is that its a stronger strand (and harder to get rid of) because the last ones to die are the 'strongest'.

Wash your sheets as often as you can. Go tanning.

I get ringworm a lot from rugby. Theres nothing you can do to permenantly get rid of it but you just have to stay on the ball with putting antifungal cream on it. Put a band-aid over it too. That will help dry it out.

Be sure to wash your sheets and especially your workout clothes. Sweat will spread it like wildfire.

Bleach that shit. Yeah, it's bad (kills) your skin too, but you don't want that skin anymore. You'll grow more skin soon enough, minus the PITA infection.

I've heard that tanning with ringworm will give you a fucked up skin mark when it's gone. No source. I've never "caught the stink" nor do I go to tanning beds.

i think they may be laboring under the misapprehension that the intense UV light from the bed may kill the ringworm, when in fact despite the little spray they give you i'd say you're more likely to catch ringworm there than get rid of it.

I've heard that tanning with ringworm will give you a fucked up skin mark when it's gone. No source. I've never "caught the stink" nor do I go to tanning beds.

i bet it would... fungus ain't got no melanin in it

Ringworm is a Fungal infection. Key word here being 'Fungal'. Fungi like warm, moist, and dark environments the most. They don't like burning sunlight.

However, just to expand upon that last post, exposing yourself to enough UV to outright kill the fungi, will certainly involve long enough exposure to damage yourself.

Remember, an ounce of prevention, is better than a pound of cure.

Keep your skin dry, and cool, change your clothes and bed sheets often, and apply anti fungal medication as needed.

With the tanning thing - it helps to dry out your skin more than anything. I dunno if the UV radiation would do anything to kill it or not.

I've had ringworm twice that would just not go away. Went tanning twice and it cleared up within days. Might have been coincidence... but... no mark either. I could imagine if you got near burning it could leave a mark.

I could use a little color usually anyways.

ive had ringworm twice in the last 6 months and i'll throw down some of my best suggestions

• leave class and wash immediately after rolling with somebody with ringworm
  • wash sheets once or twice a week (especially in the summer)
  • bathe twice a day (but at least once... i mean, cmon)
  • bathe immediately after practice
  • never rewear any clothes that you've wrestled / worked out / sweat a lot in
  • scrape the ringworm with a wash cloth or hard item (i use dry sponge pieces) and then pour bleach on it
  • lamasil cream it to death but make sure that you give it time to dry out as well

Back