Easy way to permenantly get rid of ringworm?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by FUBAR76, Jul 6, 2007.

1. TKMaxx715

TKMaxx715 saggy pants

use diluted bleach. like 1 part bleach 8-10 parts water. and just keep clean, best thing you can do for anything really

2. Fedorable

Fedorable triple yellow double stampy

The only way to permanently get rid of the ring worms is to kill the queen. The Queen!!

3. Eric O

Eric O Amateur Fighter

Tip #1 Stop being so dirty.

4. 007

007 License to Kill

coconut oil I heard works

5. Codger

Codger Brown Belt

I've not heard that antifungal cream causes side effects but I am suspicious of people who register on the forum and promote a product on their first post...

The trick is to catch it early and treat it hard.

Lamasil works really well so not sure why you'd bother with crappy home remedies. I use Lamasil Once even though the tube says not for ringworm. You smear a bit on but don't rub it in and let it dry. It forms a barrier over the dreaded worm and you can wash the area after 24 hours. That one treatment can be enough to get rid of it completely but after 24 hours I do it again. And then use the normal lamasil cream as advised for the next week or so. After a week you can, officially, go back to training without fear of spreading it. But I wouldn't go until it's faded to a vague mark just to be sure - 2 weeks.

if it itches like crazy then hydrocortisone cream helps in addition to the lamasil, however you have to be sensible using this shit because it can drive the infection "underground" ie. the little lumps go and it looks and feels healed but isn't and this can trick you into stopping treating it or going back to training too early.

Sometimes peope do get very resistant strains in which case use Lamasil but also Caneston alternately a few times a day. Nothing is gonna survive that, not yet anyway.

I personally find baths make it a lot worse and so only shower if I've got it. I think it likes to be soaked in water and so unless you have very quick baths, a quick shower is best. You can make the shower more effective by using Ketocanezole shampoo on your skin which is a solid antifungal and supposedly helps prevent male hairloss - so everyone's a winner!

Fluffernutter likes this.
  6. Bekim

Bekim Green Belt

A shampoo like Nizoral that contains Ketoconazole it is a synthetic anti fungal agent, use a little bit as a body wash every 3-4 days, should keep the ringworm at bay

7. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Have you tried putting dishwashing concentrate on it? It's very anti fungal and may help as it's powerful stuff? I get cuts on the edge of my lips from Angular Chelitis and it's the only thing that kills the fungi quick

8. Squintz

Squintz Brown Belt

Put clear nail polish on it.

9. Pope Leo VII

Pope Leo VII Green Belt

sounds like you have a ton of bad rolling partners.. who the fuck shows up when they have it. major douche-nozzle move

reading all this leads me to believe a majority of you are unkempt dirty cavemen

10. hardheart

hardheart Brown Belt

Defense Soap by Guy Sako. He used to be a forum sponsor. It'll get rid of your ringworm.

11. wufabufa

wufabufa Purple Belt

I've tried all the home remedies like bleach and tea tree oil when I had it. The only thing that got rid of it was Lamisil cream.

12. Fenderson

Fenderson Purple Belt

Apply apple cider vinegar. Put it on a tissue and hold it on there. Also pour it in the sink with water to dilute it as a face wash. Gets rid of it in 3 days max.

13. depassage

depassage Orange Belt

Have you tried Mustard Oil?

14. 209 Life

209 Life FACE THE PAIN!!!

Put clear nail polish on it everyday. Works for me. I re apply everyday for a week

15. shunyata

shunyata Black Belt

This is really stupid and I've seen people give themselves chemical burns and still have the fungal infection but now with wound from the burn too.

The strongest OTC anti fungal creams will be marketed for yeast infections / intra vaginal use. You can go with those if the OTC athlete's foot stuff isn't strong enough.

Fluffernutter likes this.
  16. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

Cut off the limb that has it

17. shunyata

shunyata Black Belt

Can still spread. Cremation for best results.

j123 likes this.