early stoppage!

Couldn't agree more ts...

I mean, come on ref, Koch didn't even get full blown brain damage yet.

You shouldn't have to go out completely in order for it to be considered a just stoppage. That's just unsafe. And I get it, fights are intrinsically unsafe. But it's no longer a fight at a certain point.

A lot of the strikes were glancing or hitting his chest. Daron through a lot but none really connected clean, so it wasn't too bad.

Nope Koch was trying to better his position the whole time and wasn't actually KOed during the blitz of GnP if you noticed Koch's movement. It just looked bad cuz of how his head reacted to the hits but you can see he was still "there" and trying to chance position thru the GnP. The ref saw it but had to eventually stop it since the kick and first hit on the ground might have had him out for a very brief split second and couldn't get out of the bad position. But it wasn't really that bad when you really look at Koch's body movement.

Finally, someone who makes sense.

You shouldn't have to go out completely in order for it to be considered a just stoppage. That's just unsafe. And I get it, fights are intrinsically unsafe. But it's no longer a fight at a certain point.

But Koch was trying to hold on and trying to improve position. He wasn't completely out nor was it that bad of a stoppage.

meh, give him every chance, this is MMA not tiddlywinks and these guys are pro fighters, not amateurs

Hard stoppage for the ref to call and I thought he did well.

Difficult stoppage to call and the ref called it about where it would be fair to.

lol at this thread
the stoppage was just fine, he wasnt knocked out. Ive seen much worse. this was perfectly addequate.
go listen to curling guys

But Koch was trying to hold on and trying to improve position. He wasn't completely out nor was it that bad of a stoppage.

All it would take is for one of those shots to land clean, Koch to be completely out (toes curled, teeth grinding) for everyone to say it was a bad stoppage. But for Koch, it wouldn't just be a "bad stoppage" it'll be permanent brain damage.

I'm not even saying it was a bad stoppage perse.
It wasn't the worst, & it certainly wasn't good.
I'm just making a point about the fine line between the
importance of the balance of bad/good stoppage
and the consideration of a young fighters career.

And admittedly, I'm not a prize fighter (if that's at all important in my assessment)
I'm simply looking from the outside, like EVERYBODY else

I was screaming for the ref not to stop it, but the elbows made it justified. Great job by the referee.

DelightfulMediumBushbaby.gif

It was a good stoppage. Arguably it was a late stoppage

ya his head wasn't bouncing off the mat repeatedly or anything

It was a good stoppage. Arguably it was a late stoppage

This. A few too many elbow strikes on the count of muscle memory grabbing the back of Daron's head. I honestly don't think he remembers any of that.

Back