EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Certainly seems like it. EA made the game inaccessible for the casual players. Even I have not played the game the last few nights. My last 30 or so fights were against the same 5 opponents and they all use the same spammy techniques that make it not very fun to play against.

They need to figure out how to get people playing this game or it will be completely dead within 3 months of release.
I've played it every weekend since launch but I'm playing it less each session. I so want to love it but it feels so laggy and all I wanted was a great career mode and it's crap. I'm not gonna say i'm not playing it again but think i'll wait for a patch to see if it's any better. Even this thread has died down. Online is the same again...me getting hammered by Conor or GSP throwing the same 2 punches over and over lol...so I take them down and tko them and I get zero satisfaction from it. I think EA really had good intentions but I hope someone else takes over next game

I agree with the posts above. I loved EA UFC 2, got up to division 6 online. The mechanics of this game feel laggy and robotic compared to the last game. I actually find the gameplay not very fun. I understand the basics but striking is basically spamming hooks until your stamina/their health is depleted, backing up, then repeating this about 5 times until you get a KO (plus maybe a few kicks). Even the rocked/KO animations are boring and repetitive. I've got bored half way through some matches and taunted to let my opponent KO me. They've ruined ultimate team by limiting the amount of customization. You can't grind to create a beast anymore you just have fight styles which limit how much you can customize in each area. Attributes also seem to matter a lot more in this game than the previous. In UFC 2 if your fighter was rated say 90 in striking you still had a chance against someone at 100 if you could catch them or outstrike them. Now if they're fully kitted out with gold moves you're pretty much screwed no matter what you do.

bit late buying the game but fuck me it's still atrocious, i mean i have noticed some improvements but it's still very lack-luster, i'll cut them some slack considering it's only the 3rd version. but when will it feel more fluid and satisfying to play? tune in next year for another disappointment ridden shite-fest.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt - MMA is very hard to replicate in a game because of how dynamic it is.

That being said, the ground game is still pretty terrible.

bit late buying the game but fuck me it's still atrocious, i mean i have noticed some improvements but it's still very lack-luster, i'll cut them some slack considering it's only the 3rd version. but when will it feel more fluid and satisfying to play? tune in next year for another disappointment ridden shite-fest.
can you explain better what is wrong?
Would not only be a more constructive criticism, but would give your perspective (which might/might not be the same experience other players find).
AND would bring awareness of people buying it...

What you mean "only the third version". It's the third full price game of the series ffs.

Stick to playing for a couple of hours and switch back to 2. It will feel old

can you explain better what is wrong?
Would not only be a more constructive criticism, but would give your perspective (which might/might not be the same experience other players find).
AND would bring awareness of people buying it...

i mean i'm not a game developer so i doubt i can shed much insight into how they can actually go about improving it.
but the ground mechanics are god-awful. i almost feel as if it's not getting as much attention as the striking for whatever reason. i do believe by the time they release the next version it will be playable but until then i just feel like its a load of balls

The stand-up in that game is actually a HUGE improvement over previous versions.

The ground is just ... hard to replicate in a video game format. BJJ is hard and complex in real life, so don't expect a simulation of that to be super simple.

The stand-up in that game is actually a HUGE improvement over previous versions.

The ground is just ... hard to replicate in a video game format. BJJ is hard and complex in real life, so don't expect a simulation of that to be super simple.

deffo true. however i'm sure it could be re-imagined somehow. i mean fuck me just look at some of the complex shit other game developers can pull off. it's different i know but i'm sure there's room for improvement when it comes to the ground. all i'm saying.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt - MMA is very hard to replicate in a game because of how dynamic it is.

I think Undisputed 3 did everything but head movement right already, UFC 2 had headmovment right. Yeah its definitely harder to design than something like boxing but UD 3 already laid some pretty solid groundwork for how to do it right

I am on a 4 fight loss streak.. all by knockout. . It is brutal, lol. The perks of winning a belt...

This game is annoying for body punchers. It is difficult to actually land effective body punches without getting rocked.

I once again, got caught with a fake-glove touch to head kick, lol. But I beat his ass and finished him in the first round... karma

This game is annoying for body punchers. It is difficult to actually land effective body punches without getting rocked.

Yeah at launch it did need to be nerfed a bit, but now it's a little too hard.

Uppercuts should be very effective against body shots and deter you from throwing too many without setting them up... BUT damage needs to be toned down IMO because it's just not worth the risk most of the time to work the body, especially if your opponent like 99% of players out there throws 100 uppercuts per fight

I am on a 4 fight loss streak.. all by knockout. . It is brutal, lol. The perks of winning a belt...

Losing streaks are tough! Feels like nothing goes right sometimes and every counter against you lands. Then I'll get in the zone and destroy 5 people in a row.

Same thing used to happen in UFC 2... I would go on these runs where I would submit 10 people in a row, then the next time I played I had no rhythm, couldn't get subs past the 2nd gate, and would lose a bunch. There are definitely highs and lows lol.

BTW I still only have like 2 or 3 sub wins in this game out of 200+ fights.... it seems so damn hard to sub people. The only time I ever feel remotely threatened by subs is if I'm in Nate Diaz's guard or something and even then i've only been caught once or twice

Losing streaks are tough! Feels like nothing goes right sometimes and every counter against you lands. Then I'll get in the zone and destroy 5 people in a row.

Same thing used to happen in UFC 2... I would go on these runs where I would submit 10 people in a row, then the next time I played I had no rhythm, couldn't get subs past the 2nd gate, and would lose a bunch. There are definitely highs and lows lol.

BTW I still only have like 2 or 3 sub wins in this game out of 200+ fights.... it seems so damn hard to sub people. The only time I ever feel remotely threatened by subs is if I'm in Nate Diaz's guard or something and even then i've only been caught once or twice

I got about 28 subs(would have more of people didn’t rage quit) what are you having trouble with?

I got about 28 subs(would have more of people didn’t rage quit) what are you having trouble with?

I really don't know. I rarely initiate grappling so that's part of it but I just can't seem to finish them even though the mini game hasn't really changed and i was good at it in the past

It is true but they had a very solid foundation in Undisputed 3 to start from and, in my opinion, they could/should've just copied and pasted some elements of that game, including the clinch/ground game, not shame in that. Instead they decided to start from scratch....

I think Undisputed 3 did everything but head movement right already, UFC 2 had headmovment right. Yeah its definitely harder to design than something like boxing but UD 3 already laid some pretty solid groundwork for how to do it right

Ops, just realised you made my point already.

Back