EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Overeem is a beast in this game. If you are playing as him you should be at range with the kicks. Not in the pocket with someone like Cain who has the stamina and fluidity perk and can rip combos for days. IDK what you are complaining about. Just like someone like Matt Brown should have a weak body. Otherwise what’s the point of stats? Game is already rock and sock em with no thought process. No need to make it more arcadey

Are you talking about 3 or 2?
Cause I'm talking about 2. So that's what I'm complaining about.

@Yari - You have any idea what will be in the next patch? Is it meant to be a bigger one?

@Yari - You have any idea what will be in the next patch? Is it meant to be a bigger one?
Nope, no idea. I don't even play anymore.
I read a quote that "online players would feel the earth shifting below their feet" or something, after next patch. They're all quote from the operation-sports forum by the dev, I don't really know what has been said exactly though.

Nope, no idea. I don't even play anymore.
I read a quote that "online players would feel the earth shifting below their feet" or something, after next patch. They're all quote from the operation-sports forum by the dev, I don't really know what has been said exactly though.

May I ask you why? Already got tired of it? I'm still considering whether to buy it now or wait until price drops.

May I ask you why? Already got tired of it? I'm still considering whether to buy it now or wait until price drops.
Nah, its a fun game. Just others reasons, dont feel like gaming much these days.

I put the game down until the next patch. Then I'll pick it up again. I'm just running into the same nonsense over and over online.

LHW is useless - you either face Gustaffson, Jones or Cormier every single time.

WW is a GSP fest.

FlyWeight is all Mighty Mouse.

Strawweight is entirely Joanna.

And whats worse is nobody fights with any realism. As you climb the ranks online, it's entirely about dealing with cheese and who can use it most effectively.

Uppercut - hook combos, spamming head movement, body knees to elbows, etc..

It's a shame, because when 2 people try to fight realistically, the game is a beautiful display of potential. Not there yet.

Who's everyone like using? My favorites are:

Werdum at HW - good stamina and health, body knees, good enough strikes to hang and I can survive on the ground with him even though I suck at grappling

fuck LHW, MW, and WW thanks to Cormier and GSP

Barbosa at LW - kicks

Yair Rodriguez at Featherweight - a lot of fun strikes, tough to beat McGregor users sometimes but I can get them if they aren't great at blocking and evading kicks.

Jimmy Rivera or Cody at BW - got destroyed by a couple Rivera users and felt like his hooks were fast and powerful so I tried him out, it has gone well so far.

I skip flyweight since nobody is even close to MM (realistic I guess) and for the girls I havent played enough to really have a favorite, I assume a lot of people uncheck the boxes since I don't get a ton of these matches. i'll try whoever...sucks when everyone picks Joanna.

I like spinning heel kicks and leg kicks working off a jab, works pretty well mixing that combo up with some other stuff thrown in of course.

Who's everyone like using? My favorites are:

Werdum at HW - good stamina and health, body knees, good enough strikes to hang and I can survive on the ground with him even though I suck at grappling

fuck LHW, MW, and WW thanks to Cormier and GSP

Barbosa at LW - kicks

Yair Rodriguez at Featherweight - a lot of fun strikes, tough to beat McGregor users sometimes but I can get them if they aren't great at blocking and evading kicks.

Jimmy Rivera or Cody at BW - got destroyed by a couple Rivera users and felt like his hooks were fast and powerful so I tried him out, it has gone well so far.

I skip flyweight since nobody is even close to MM (realistic I guess) and for the girls I havent played enough to really have a favorite, I assume a lot of people uncheck the boxes since I don't get a ton of these matches. i'll try whoever...sucks when everyone picks Joanna.

I like spinning heel kicks and leg kicks working off a jab, works pretty well mixing that combo up with some other stuff thrown in of course.

HW - Werdum, Reem.. don't play HW often
LHW - Gus
MW - Romero, Whittaker, Weidman, Machida
WW - Nope
LW - Alvarez
FW - Ortega, Aldo.. I like Yair but he is really bad in close quarters and on the ground, and since everyone either picks Conor and stays in your face mashing sway uppercuts or picks Edgar and spams takedowns, Ortega and Aldo give a better chance to stop that
BW - Mighty mouse
Feather - Nope
Womens BW - Holm
Womens FW - Karolina, Joanna

The spin kick is definitely pretty effective. It's good to throw as a block break when you rock them too, a couple jabs at their block followed by a spin kick will get the knockdown almost every time.

I put the game down until the next patch. Then I'll pick it up again. I'm just running into the same nonsense over and over online.

LHW is useless - you either face Gustaffson, Jones or Cormier every single time.

WW is a GSP fest.

FlyWeight is all Mighty Mouse.

Strawweight is entirely Joanna.

And whats worse is nobody fights with any realism. As you climb the ranks online, it's entirely about dealing with cheese and who can use it most effectively.

Uppercut - hook combos, spamming head movement, body knees to elbows, etc..

It's a shame, because when 2 people try to fight realistically, the game is a beautiful display of potential. Not there yet.

HW I get a mix. You could see Ngannou, Cain, Overeem, JDS, Stipe. Low key though Arloski is good due to his insane speed and Olyniek. Hunt and Lewis throw bricks but you have to conserve stamina esp with Lewis

LHW sucks. I don’t run into many DC(thank god) Most people still gravitate to Jones and he’s no where near as good(or the players aren’t good) My sleeper is Manuwa and ozedimir. Ozedemir is very good

MW you get a mix also. Rockhold(I suck with him) Whittaker(beast) Bisping(they finally nailed his play style) Silva(most cheesers pick him for the knee spam/easy plum clinch) Romero.

WW I honestly don’t run into many GSP. They seriously need to tone down his power tho. Every time I face him I’m getting rocked instantly. But yea WW I see Till, Thompson, Usman(shock) I like using Masvidal and Lawler. No one is picking him when he use to destroy in 2. Gastelum is low key good also.

LHW is mainly Khabib, Ferguson, Barboza, Diaz, and Connor. Khabib is a nightmare. All the others are fine if you know what to expect. Diaz players spam 1-2 which are easy to avoid. Barboza are kick heavy. Dustin is low key good. Gaethje and Alvarez are solid also.

FW sucks. Not the fighters tho. Everyone picks Connor with the occasional Edgar/Holloway sighting. Aldo is good. Mendes is good.

Banataweight sucks also. Dillashaw, Cruz, Garbrandt is all you will see. Almedia is a solid long range fighters. Assuncao is well wounded with striking and grappling. Moraes is good. Same with Aljo. But I love using Lineker and just pressuring the fuck out of people

Flyweight of course DJ. I honestly don’t even play this division but when I do I get Cejudo or Dodson. Pettis is solid. Nguyen is a sleeper

Women’s Bantamweight is all Cyborg or Holm. Some Valentina’s. Don’t even see Nunes that much. This division sucks. No good sleepers. I remember picking bethe once and just shaking my head at how useless she was.

Women’s straw is basically JJ and Rose. But this division has lots of good fights. Calderwood is still good. Claudia of course. You could even win with carla(crazy TD stat) or Torres. Andrade is a beast

But like I said. I mainly just random select in division or use featured fighters for a challenge. I usually have good fights if the other person isn’t cheddaring me double uppercuts or pray and sway

I've been doing career mode and will continue to do so until the next patch and they fix some of the meta exploits. I am tired of getting duck-sway uppercut spammed to death every time I try to throw a body punch.

I am actually winning a lot the last few nights, I basically just stand in the pocket and counter my opponents strategy. If they sway I light them up with hooks, if they duck or body punch I uppercut. If they leg kick I jab/straight and we can race to see if your head or both my legs go out first. I am getting better on the ground, still struggle to get up but don't let much else happen either. I don't use the head movement much, I would rather counter their head movement and the forcefield block keeps me pretty safe while feeling out their patterns.

I am actually winning a lot the last few nights, I basically just stand in the pocket and counter my opponents strategy. If they sway I light them up with hooks, if they duck or body punch I uppercut. If they leg kick I jab/straight and we can race to see if your head or both my legs go out first. I am getting better on the ground, still struggle to get up but don't let much else happen either. I don't use the head movement much, I would rather counter their head movement and the forcefield block keeps me pretty safe while feeling out their patterns.

I am pretty similar. I don't use head movement that much at all, unless my opponent is being predictable and I see a counter opportunity. I just wait and see what my opponent does. If they are super aggressive I will just hang back and pot shot their body and let them gas. Have been doing pretty well.

I've gotten better at stopping grapplers now that I know you can pre-deny takedowns, you don't have to do it on reaction. So if my opponent ducks down trying for the glitched double leg I just hold deny down and stuff them. Obviously your head is open if you do this but because it doesn't flow very smoothly you can usually tell when they want to go to the ground. I also have been meaning to go into practice mode and work on the submission counters to TDs.

I am something like 180-115 and have been bouncing between 1400 and 1470 for weeks now lol, can't quite reach 1500 yet

Finally got on the main card in my career and Cerrone lit my ass up like a Christmas tree. I would've been a permanent sherdog gif.

Anderson%252520Silva%252520vs%252520Chris%252520Leben.gif

My time playing today has been so shitty. I have just spent my time getting 2-4 wins in a row, then someone koing me and not being able to get anywhere near a title.

So salty- I was whooping this guy playing as McGregor and almost finished him multiple times in round one. Second round; he goes for a glove touch; head kicks me...; I taunt; he then head kicks me again and knocks me out.....

My time playing today has been so shitty. I have just spent my time getting 2-4 wins in a row, then someone koing me and not being able to get anywhere near a title.
That’s what mine feels like. I’m destroying unranked dudes and fringe top 15 guys but when I try to crack into the top 10 it’s a massacre

Finally got on the main card in my career and Cerrone lit my ass up like a Christmas tree. I would've been a permanent sherdog gif.

Anderson%252520Silva%252520vs%252520Chris%252520Leben.gif
Yeah dude, some of the opponents are ridiculously hard. Especially the well rounded ones. If it hits the ground I get submitted without being able to move the gates a centimeter. If im doing well staying away and stuffing takedowns, well that doesnt matter because they only really need one shot to drop me and get me to the ground that way. Then some fights the guys just fucking stand there and let me pound their face in.

I've always played a lot of career mode with these games but this one really sucks IMO, just all around - not just because of the difficulty.

Back