Dustin Poirier Will Be The 1st Guy To Beat Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Poirier has nothing for Khabib. Inferior standup to McGregor and inferior wrestling to khabib.

the only guys I see beating khabib at this point is maybe Ferguson or GSP at 170.

I agree with everything u said about Dustin n tony, but I think Kevin Lee has the best chance. Strong guy. Great wrestling. Striking is powerful and improving fast.

DP would get absolutely wrecked by the Bib.
I guess we will see how much Lee’s stand up has improved but I don’t think it’s any better than Khabib’s.

You are right though, I forgot about Kevin. He could very well have better grappling than Khabib but I don’t think that is the case. Would be a very fun fight.

Hopefully we get to find out someday and Khabib doesn’t go and box Maywhether.

Poirier gets smashed.Maybe even ko'd standing like how MJ got him.

Brian Ortega will be the guy to do it.

I think Poirier would make it a closer fight than Conor was able to, his boxing isn't as sharp but his striking is arguably just as effective and more diverse and he does have a very solid ground game.

Conor was able to slow down tons of Khabib's vicious offence and that shows that a skilled fighter from his back may be able to fight him off and get back to his feet

BUT Eddie was able to take down Poirier and Eddie relies on athleticism for his wrestling.

I think the fight would go to a close decision with Khabib winning but I think Poirier would bully Khabib in rounds 3-4 while Khabib is trying to take a break.

People like to shit on Poirier but the guy put a boxing clinic on Gathje, outstruck Alveraz almost as viciously as Conor and bullied Pettis

I think the advantage the Dustin has over Conor is the ability to carry his power and finishing ability in the later rounds. Conor is sharper and more skilled with his boxing, but when Conor is tired he can't land the same damaging strikes and he loses his technique. Dustin on the other hand maintains this better as evidence of his TKO win over Gaetchje in round 4, one of the most durable fighters. He's shown not only to have great cardio and carry his power but also the ability to do it after taking a lot of damage.

LOL he got put down by MJ. KZ took his soul. He's a dangerous fighter but not on that level.
He was 24 and Poirier choked out Holloway easy right before he fought KZ. So is Holloway just lucky to be champ or can people improve their skills in 6 years?

He was 24 and Poirier choked out Holloway easy right before he fought KZ. So is Holloway just lucky to be champ or can people improve their skills in 6 years?
What was his excuse for getting knocked out by MJ?

I dont think Poirier is even top 10. I expect hell be knocked down the rankings soon

Poirier doesn't gas after one round of grappling, so he has a better chance than Conor.

I think Ferg can beat Khabib, Porier can beat Ferg, but Khabib beats Porier.

Poirier is peaking at the wrong time. Khabib is so good, Poirier's skill will be dwarfed. Sure, he's got power. We just saw what Khabib did to a real puncher in Connor. Dustin won't fair much better unless he seriously trains to get up off his back.

Khabib takes him down and smashes him. I dont really rate Poirier

Joke post?

Next joke.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I'm a very big fan of Poirier as you can see by my choice of name, and not to mention I'm from his home town, but even I think you're crazy TS, no way Poirier wins that fight imo.

Ferguson and Kevin have a much better shot. Everyone know this and nobody share your view. Pretty obvious your trying to keep Conor relevant.
Dude give it up, your fucking deluded.

Is this what you're doing now that your boyfriend got his ass beat as predicted?

he wont even beat diaz let alone khabib lol

no chance

well khabib takes michael johnson's punches better<Moves>

LOL he got put down by MJ. KZ took his soul. He's a dangerous fighter but not on that level.

Poirier has nothing for Khabib. Inferior standup to McGregor and inferior wrestling to khabib.

the only guys I see beating khabib at this point is maybe Ferguson or GSP at 170.

Poirier gets smashed.Maybe even ko'd standing like how MJ got him.

I dont think Poirier is even top 10. I expect hell be knocked down the rankings soon

Poirier is peaking at the wrong time. Khabib is so good, Poirier's skill will be dwarfed. Sure, he's got power. We just saw what Khabib did to a real puncher in Connor. Dustin won't fair much better unless he seriously trains to get up off his back.

GettyImages-1136955694.jpg

One step closer

Poirier is a solid fighter and keeps improving. I hope he can beat Khabib but I can't see that happening

Doubt it. Will be another dominant win for Khabib. Mark my words.

fuck what they talkin about USA in this hoe

I think Dustin Poirier actually has a really good chance of beating khabib
A lot of people will say other wise and they'll argue that he'll get beat worse than Conor but remember this guys
Dustin Poirier has a SOLID ground game:
SophisticatedTalkativeHind-size_restricted.gif

DirtyLavishAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

He doesn't get fuckin smoked by a big overhand right and has smooth boxing + power
FemalePeacefulEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

When he senses the finish being near he turns into a fucking monster which is kinda weird considering his name is Dustin
FearfulPaleBittern-size_restricted.gif

He can take punishment and keep on fighting
giphy.gif

(doesnt give a fuck and has heart)
This is his cardio in the 4th round against Justin:
tumblr_p77gj8vkws1rofocqo3_500.gif

If Tony doesn't do it, the diamond will

tenor.gif
Dude stop making these fucking threads. You already have another on the front page saying the same shit

Dude stop making these fucking threads. You already have another on the front page saying the same shit

Maybe you're brain dead or something but I didn't bump this thread. It was made back in October which is well over half a year ago. Somebody else posted in it, therefore it's on the front page

I don't see how it's that hard to understand LOL

Back