Media Dustin Poirier wants to fight Islam Makhachev

ROFLMAO
How about you answer my quesiton then?
You can't can you?
Any top fresh challenger would be better ….Dustin Already had two shots and failed miserably….The claim to another title shot takes more then a Chandler win

Any top fresh challenger would be better ….Dustin Already had two shots and failed miserably….The claim to another title shot takes more then a Chandler win
...So.... you can't give me a name!
Thank you for agreeing with me then!

Because none of the "top fresh Challengers" you (forgot) to mention beat anyone from the top 5 of this division yet!!!
And because DP's last 5 fights where against guys in the top 5 fighters. He only lost to champions.
And from those, one retired and the other is still ranked above him (but just lost his belt) AND is already booked.
So again I ask: Who has a better resume than him? Who is more deserving???
Name ONE !

Last edited:
Beneil has to get passed Olives, and he very well may not. Book Dustin and Islam in the mean time.

Why rush to book it? Islam isn't fighting again until after Ramadan anyways. In a few weeks Fiziev may be coming off a win over Gaethje, if Dariush doesn't beat Oliveira than Fiziev would be next up in that case.

someone mentioned Dustin vs Fiziev.....man i am down for that one. would be awesome to see the contrast of striking styles

...So.... you can't give me a name!
Thank you for agreeing with me then!

Because none of the "top fresh Challengers" you (forgot) to mention beat anyone from the top 5 of this division yet!!!
And because DP's last 5 fights where against guys in the top 5 fighters. He only lost to champions.
And from those, one retired and the other is still ranked above him (but just lost his belt) AND is already booked.
So again I ask: Who has a better resume than him? Who is more deserving???
Name ONE !
Dariush …Fiziev ….you need to get off Dustin’s Nuts …..The wins over Conor don’t mean much …..The Chandler win was good ….but he needs two more wins for a title shot ….

Last edited:
Dariush …Fiziev ….you need to get off Dustin’s Nuts …..The wins over Conor don’t mean much …..The Chandler win was good ….but he needs two more wins for a title shot ….
again, you need to wake up, kid.
Dariush, while I do agree with you (and pointed several times already), he is already fighting Charles.
Fiziev, while I like him, never fought a top 5. His best win is RDA, who already gave up on his quest for the belt, because he knows he is slowing down.
So no, FIziev is also not above DP.

So please move your hate aside, and look at reality. There's no one that deserves to be above DP right now.
Throwing names without checking properly and without bias does not help you.

so you are saying that he beat:
Michael Chandler - #5 at the time
Charles Oliveira - Champion
Conor McGregor- #5 at the time
Conor McGregor- #4 at the time
Dan Hooker - #5 at the time.

...but despite ALL OF THEM being within the top 5, you claim they are "hardly top 5 material"???
It seems to me you are blatantly ignoring reality, kid.
The Hooker win was legit at the time but he hardly looks like top 10/15 material let alone top 5.
Mcgregor had an incredibly inflated ranking, his one and only LW win was in 2016, not to mention one of the Dustin's wins came by dr stoppage/injury so yeah not really valid...
He got hosed by Olives no comment needed
And he beat 50/50 Chandler who again only made it into the top 5 by beating an even worse version of Hooker than the one Dustin fought, finished by Olives, lost to Justin and beat a corpse of Tony. So yeah had he not fought Hooker in his first UFC fight you no damn well he would be no where near the top as has been proven.

Dustin's time in the sun is over, he lost his two shots by finish. And the second he stops being a prima donna and actually fights up and comers hes done.
Looking at the top 10. He loses to Olives, Beneil, possibly Justin in a rematch, Fiziev, Gamrot, Tasrukyan and in a years time likely Turner.

Let them fight so I can watch Dustin get pummelled.

We probably get 3 or 4 more LW fights from Islam before he either retires, loses or leaves the division. If Poirier wants a 3rd crack at the LW title he should motherfucking earn it, I don't care what you want to watch. Beneil is next in line and Fiziev after him. Poirier can fight Arman if he wants a title shot, has to stop ducking and take real fights.

Reactions: F15
Well... Of course he wants a title shot, but I've never heard anyone calling for this except him..

We probably get 3 or 4 more LW fights from Islam before he either retires, loses or leaves the division. If Poirier wants a 3rd crack at the LW title he should motherfucking earn it, I don't care what you want to watch. Beneil is next in line and Fiziev after him. Poirier can fight Arman if he wants a title shot, has to stop ducking and take real fights.
Calm down champion

Porier had way better chance against Volk than he has against Islam. Just bide your time buddy.

Just make Islam vs Fiziev if Fiziev beats Gaethje and if they can't wait until Dariush vs Oliveira. People also forget Chandler was beating his ass in the first round until he got caught and dominated him in the second round. So sick of Dustin. Joe Benavidez ass

Lol "looks like it's Poirier" why wouldn't UFC wait until Gaethje vs Fiziev happens in less than 3 weeks and possibly Oliviera vs Dariush also? They aren't going to rush Islam back in there since he won't be fighting until after Ramadan anyways.

Islam can fight in june or july

Back