Media Dustin Poirier wants to fight Islam Makhachev

You mean he wants to fight for the belt? No shit! lol

Dariush first.

Volk II first if thats on the table.

If Charles wins and Fiziev wins then I can see a situation. However, if Fiziev loses then 100% Charles.

Either he will have beaten everyone else or they will be coming off an L until you get to Hooker at 9 - seriously!

Guys he's beat:
Poirier
Dariush
Gaethje
Chandler

Coming off L:
Fiziev
Gamrot

Beneil should be fighting for the title. Even if Charles wins, he needs one more. And Dustin should fight an actual contender, not Gaethje and Chandler

If Charles wins and Fiziev wins then I can see a situation. However, if Fiziev loses then 100% Charles.

Either he will have beaten everyone else or they will be coming off an L until you get to Hooker at 9 - seriously!

Guys he's beat:
Poirier
Dariush
Gaethje
Chandler

Coming off L:
Fiziev
Gamrot
Ye, it's not that bad but Islam dominated Charles. I think if they (Charles and Fiziev) both win, make Charles vs Fiziev. The winner of that gets the TS

On what accolades?
I ve been a proirier fan since 2013 but simply rank squatting and asking for title fights is annoying

Not interested in watching Poirier get squashed, Dariush has waited long enough for his shot.

Oliveira should fight Dustin for #1 contender and Dariush vs Islam.

Easily the two most logical match ups.

Then winner of Chandler vs McNugget to fight champ at the end of the year.

I have no interest seeing Dustin fight Islam next, over guys like Volk and Dariush/Oliveira winner. Oliveira and Khabib both submitted Poirier in title fights, and Islam would do the same to him. Dustin needs to win a couple of more fights against top 5 guys, to be in the mix again after losing two title fights.

I'd 100x rather see a Volk rematch.

Uhhh... Dariush deserves(ed) it way more than Dustin currently.
did you even bother to read what I wrote?

I agree with you 100%.
But that is why I mentioned that both (him and Charles) are booked to fight each other..

Dustin would be a live dog vs Makhachev

He got finished by the last 2 champions with ease and his only wins of late are against Mcgregor and Chandler...hardly top 5 material. The only reason Chandler was in the top 5 was because he beat Hooker in his debut
so you are saying that he beat:
Michael Chandler - #5 at the time
Charles Oliveira - Champion
Conor McGregor- #5 at the time
Conor McGregor- #4 at the time
Dan Hooker - #5 at the time.

...but despite ALL OF THEM being within the top 5, you claim they are "hardly top 5 material"???
It seems to me you are blatantly ignoring reality, kid.

Dustin in theory COULD do it but it's unlikely. As far as merit goes, Chandler is a tough matchup for Dustin and a tough contender. However the harder matchups Chandler was the easiest. He has better Wrestling than Dustin, so propos to Dustin for finally beating a top tier wrestler. But Chandler isn't Islam. Chandler fights like an idiot. A true test would be Arman. The only reason I'd accept this is if Islam fights in summer. Beneil is the true contender. The fight with Charles is a joke.

Back