News Dustin Poirier turned down TUF-season against Justin Gaethje

Which TUF-season would you have preferred to see?

• Total voters
I'm not gonna watch a season of TUF, but if I were compelled to I'd rather watch Conor and Chandler for the antics.

I’d prefer Gaethje vs. Poirier TUF because they would actually fight at the end.

Connor vs. Chandler will be more dramatic but they likely wont fight so what’s the point?

Then the loser and winner can fight Chandler who then loses and fights the loser, then the winner, then the loser fights that loser, then the winner, and repeat forever.

Can't really blame him. He's focused on the remaining part of his own career, and his own family. Not spending time babysitting man children in the TUF gym/house. Unless they're offering him premium dollars to take time out of his career to do it then it's a waste of time. This fight wouldn't need a TUF build up around it to be a big deal.

Having great fighters tied up for months, taping a tv show is getting tiresome. I hope more of the top fighters turn down this gimmick.

Ah yes, TUF, which is still going on for some reason. An insane rematch between two dynamos living out their last competitive days, far removed from their first fight but just as relevant today….and let’s package that up for a TUF card. Classic UFC matchmaking in effect.

huh, thats a bummer. Dustin doesnt seem like the type of guy who loves being in front of the cameras, so its not too surprising to me that he didnt wanna do TUF. i do hope he and Justin fight again however; with Justin's improved patience and more calculated style i think a rematch would be really fun. id still favor Poirier to win but Justin might take the W
He's got a desk job with the UFC now. It's because Tuff requires you to be away from you family for a long time, that's why imo.

80k for a 6 week commitment is an insultingly low offer for Poirier.

TuF is a waste of time unless your name is Conor McGregor. A lot of previous coaches did it to make the UFC happy. Does the UFC still give cars to the coaches? I could have sworn those cars they gave out were used

Also, at the moment Gaethje is the favorite for a potential fight against Poirier

VS Fiziev he showed that improved fight iq he desperately needed. Was technical and patient.

Hard seeing Dustin lose. He fights smart. I kinda would be more suprised if Dustin lost then the other way around.

Apsolutely makes sense, the rematch.

He’s been blessed by Conor multiple times. No reason to subject hinself to that bullshit for a paltry 80k.

No surprise……Dustin couldn’t keep up the nice guy act that long

TUF peaked with Rampage and Rashad, though I did like seeing Uriah Hall's life altering KOs

VS Fiziev he showed that improved fight iq he desperately needed. Was technical and patient.

Hard seeing Dustin lose. He fights smart. I kinda would be more suprised if Dustin lost then the other way around.

Apsolutely makes sense, the rematch.
The rematch that needs to happen

Back