News Dustin Poirier turned down TUF-season against Justin Gaethje

Which TUF-season would you have preferred to see?

• Total voters
Yup, Dustin refused to be away from his family for 12 weeks for $80k.

I know a couple married dudes who would absolutely jump at the chance to have a paid 3 month vacation. But I'm guessing fighters already sacrifice enough family time as is.

Absolutely no way Poirier accepts to fight Gamrot, it doesn't do much for him. And Grant Dawson... does absolutely nothing lol

I know. But I wish we could get more lower ranked guys vs top 5 guys who just hang around there.

Downside of this being basically mutual combat, can’t force anyone to fight anyone like a football or hockey schedule

Good. Porier's got a family. Why would someone want to be gone that long to film a stupid reality show, when they don't have the "this is my chance at a break" aspect to it to make being away worth their while?

Have him fight Gamrot or Dawson so we don't just keep recycling the same guys in the top 5

Bingo!
The guy who KO'd and then broke Conor's leg already has enough lime light.

TUF with Chandler/Conor would be more entertaining, but Poirier/Gaethje would be more relevant in many ways. I don't give much of a shit about Conor/Chandler.

And that is indeed wild that Gaethje would be the favorite in their rematch. I think Dustin is still the better fighter, as long as he can avoid getting his leg chewed up.

Conor/Chandler is fan's choice, Conor fears Chandler, won't happen.

Dustin refused to be away from his family for 12 weeks for $80k.
Conor Threatened to Murdered Dustin In His Sleep.
Dustin Had to deal with his wife's faithfulness questioned many times and too many insults to count toward him and his family.

Avoiding Criminal Conor - Dustin's Main Priority For His Sanity.​

I doubt Dustin is scared of Gaethje but he's clearly got the "I don't wanna go through that car crash again" mentality at this stage of his career.

just make the fights and frigg off with this tuf nonsense, no one cares anymore
frig-off-trailer-park-boys.gif

Cancel this fucking old ass tired ass show please.
i have to wonder what relevance it still has beyond the coaches. UFC has the Contender series for new talent now and doesnt need a whole reality show.

Gaethje's been coming off as really whiny and needy about these big fights.

Like dude you've already been through all the big names at 155. What can you realistically expect... if Dariush takes care of Oliveira then the LW title is gonna be tied up for awhile. He might not like it but a guy like Tsarukyan might be the guy he needs to fight if he wants to stay active and not sit out another entire fucking year.

Why should Dustin sacrifice time away from his wife and kid just to go on a shitty show that has over stayed it's welcome 15 seasons ago? Good for him..

Gaethje's been coming off as really whiny and needy about these big fights.

Like dude you've already been through all the big names at 155. What can you realistically expect... if Dariush takes care of Oliveira then the LW title is gonna be tied up for awhile. He might not like it but a guy like Tsarukyan might be the guy he needs to fight if he wants to stay active and not sit out another entire fucking year.
I love justin but it was pretty funny when he was on that tirade about not getting paid extra for championship rounds the he goes out and gets a finish in like the first or second round, sorry can't remember what fight it was but I know that's what happened. lol

thank god. it'd be a season long infomercial for his fuggin hot sauce

The fight against Justin isn't fun. It might not even be worth it for Dustin. It is a lot of damage. It's probably not even going to be a PPV main event.

Apparently it was for 80k (lul)
Pocket change for a McGregor rival
80k for 6 weeks. Not bad, when you're not living in the house. Then the money for the fight against each other at the culmination of the season. Probably ppv money.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Dustin Porier and Justin Gaethje fought each other about 18 times??? Why does it feel like every other fight they have is against each other??? Porier, Gaethje, Chandler, and Alavarez are all just the same interchangeable fighter. There only needs to be one of them.

Back