Dumbell Squat, curl and press. Technique Q.

Have considered doing a Randy's barbell circuit for mma conditioning, if that's the style of training you want to do?

He's not overhead squatting

Right I just went back and re read it.

I've seen middle aged Chinese chicks do similar stuff to what he's talking about, I guess whatever works for him though.

Thank you all for the responses.

Should have been clearer this is a work out i do making use of the limited space, limited time and even more limited equipment i already have.
No bench, no barbell, no kettle bells. Just dumbells, skipping rope and my wife's crosstrainer.

I am a cheap bastard, if i wasn't I'd be doing SS again at a gym and doing fat burning stuff seperately.

I have my answer i believe. No one likes the squat part but the hammer curl grip curl and press is fine.
Cheers

Thank you all for the responses.

Should have been clearer this is a work out i do making use of the limited space, limited time and even more limited equipment i already have.
No bench, no barbell, no kettle bells. Just dumbells, skipping rope and my wife's crosstrainer.

I am a cheap bastard, if i wasn't I'd be doing SS again at a gym and doing fat burning stuff seperately.

I have my answer i believe. No one likes the squat part but the hammer curl grip curl and press is fine.
Cheers
Even if all you have access to is Dumbbells/bw exercises, quite frankly, there are more efficient exercises for improving strength and conditioning(eg snatches, thrusters, single-leg squats, etc) than what you are describing. There isn't anything inherently wrong with what describing, and if you like it by all means continue to do it. It's just that doing an exercise where the limiting factor is your biceps, is not going to do a whole lot in the way of adequately stressing your larger muscle groups. Just my .02.

Even if all you have access to is Dumbbells/bw exercises, quite frankly, there are more efficient exercises for improving strength and conditioning(eg snatches, thrusters, single-leg squats, etc) than what you are describing. There isn't anything inherently wrong with what describing, and if you like it by all means continue to do it. It's just that doing an exercise where the limiting factor is your biceps, is not going to do a whole lot in the way of adequately stressing your larger muscle groups. Just my .02.

Thanks.

Its interesting everyone assumes the curl is the limiting part. Its not near my max on any part of the exercise but i get tired on the press first.

if i were you i would put the weights in a backpack go outside and do basic calisthenics with it

Back