Dude was rolling with an ankle monitor in class today

impact you directly or indirectly.

I know of gyms that are open to let gang members train. In fact, they get private donations as well.
Now you might think that there is nothing wrong by letting a few guys train in your gym.

But it does not stop there, they will use your gym to recruit people or just sell them drugs.

To be honest...some of the best training I ever got was from gyms that do exactly that.

I think the issue is on the policy of your service provider and how it impacts the customers.

If your gym let criminals trains, it will impact you directly or indirectly.

I know of gyms that are open to let gang members train. In fact, they get private donations as well.
Now you might think that there is nothing wrong by letting a few guys train in your gym.

But it does not stop there, they will use your gym to recruit people or just sell them drugs.

I mean where do you draw the line?

Do you know want to be to known as the guy that train at that gym that let drug dealers train?

It all starts slowly and almost innocent like letting someone on a bracelet do a few hours of training to the ramification s of who they are doing the favor to and why.

That gym must be full of bad ass hardcore mother fuckers and nobody wants to fuck with them. They're called, TEAM MAFIA! Will beat up all the BJJ pussies at every academies that's full of goody goody pussies. LOL!!

I'm all for TEAM MAFIA!!! Or Team Gangstas! Or Team Pig Killers.

F*** the police!

Last edited:
I know a few gyms that have open doors policy and some people are cool with it especially after TV series like SOA etc...

But then I starts seeing lot of supporter t shirts and students getting patched.

Too much for me.

I give a discount to police officer to train at my club instead.
Fuck the pigs. I wouldn't want to train pigs to abuse their power and bully innocent people in public. They swear to protect and serve, but they're nothing but a bunch of pigs that think they're above the law. We're wasting our tax money on these pigs.

I eat pigs, I don't eat with pigs.

Last edited:
Fuck the pigs. I wouldn't want to train pigs to abuse their power and bully innocent people in public. They swear to protect and serve, but they're nothing but a bunch of pigs that think they're above the law. We're wasting our tax money on these pigs.

I have no idea why I am responding because I am pretty sure you are tolling, at least I hope so. But, you do realize that putting all police officers in a group of people who abuse their power and think they are above the law, is no different than assuming that a black kid in a hoodie is a gang banger?

Stereotype much?

Furthermore, if god forbid anything happens to you, do me a favor don't call the police, so we can eat our donuts and not be bothered with your bullshit.

I have no idea why I am responding because I am pretty sure you are tolling, at least I hope so. But, you do realize that putting all police officers in a group of people who abuse their power and think they are above the law, is no different than assuming that a black kid in a hoodie is a gang banger?

Stereotype much?

Furthermore, if god forbid anything happens to you, do me a favor don't call the police, so we can eat our donuts and not be bothered with your bullshit.
I don't call pigs. My front door of my house has a sign that says "Warning to low life thieves, due to ammunition price going up, there will be no warning shots. We don't call the pigs. We're gun loving Americans!"

F*** the donut munching pigs.

I don't call pigs. My front door of my house has a sign that says "Warning to low life thieves, due to ammunition price going up, there will be no warning shots. We don't call the pigs. We're gun loving Americans!"

F*** the donut munching pigs.

I thought you were arguing for the right of "low life thieves" to be able to train at a BJJ school with their ankle bracelet? Now you want to kill them? Anyway I appreciate the fact you will never call the police! So many donuts, so little time!

I thought you were arguing for the right of "low life thieves" to be able to train at a BJJ school with their ankle bracelet? Now you want to kill them? Anyway I appreciate the fact you will never call the police! So many donuts, so little time!
I'm American. We don't like low life thieves and we don't like donut munching pigs. Low life thieves makes the bad ass rich mobsters look bad.

And just cause people wear ankle monitors doesn't mean they're low life thieves.

I'm American. We don't like low life thieves and we don't like donut munching pigs. Low life thieves makes the bad ass rich mobsters look bad.

And just cause people wear ankle monitors doesn't mean they're low life thieves.

I am curious about your code of morals and standards. Low life thieves cannot train BJJ with their Ankle Bracelet? Which ankle bracelet individuals are allowed in your BJJ school?

By the way, although you may fancy your self A "bad ass rich mobster", no bad ass rich mobster would ever get an international message board and admit to being a "badass rich mobster". They do not want that kind of publicity.

To be honest...some of the best training I ever got was from gyms that do exactly that.

I trained in such gym from white belt to bb.

It does not mean as a bb instructor I want to replicate such open door policy.

I just had an intake of new students. I had 8 people on the waiting list since last June.

Created a Saturday class because my Thursday and Tuesday were getting too full.

One new student told me that he can only train on Saturday because he still trains some other martial arts in the week nights.

The good heart in me was like: it is OK. I will give you a discount and you can train once a week. It is the good nature and the romantized idea that bjj is for everyone. Etc.

But later on as I reflect on my good gesture. I was like: "what the hell did I say!". It should not be my problem if he still wants to do some other martial in the week night,. Why am I giving away that spot on my Saturday class to someone that does not want to commit and he think his other martial art is more important! I have other people on the waiting list wanting that spot.

I understand it is kind of topic but it shows how I value my time teaching Bjj.

Note: gang member in my country are meth manufacturer and dealer. Why would you want these guys in your mats?

I am curious about your code of morals and standards. Low life thieves cannot train BJJ with their Ankle Bracelet? Which ankle bracelet individuals are allowed in your BJJ school?

By the way, although you may fancy your self A "bad ass rich mobster", no bad ass rich mobster would ever get an international message board and admit to being a "badass rich mobster". They do not want that kind of publicity.
that dude kenpeters8 is probably a damn white belt in BJJ . i thinks he is Marcelo Garcia after a few beginner classes.

a true bad ass mofo doesn't make a self proclaim bad ass mofo on teh interweb

I trained in such gym from white belt to bb.

It does not mean as a bb instructor I want to replicate such open door policy.

I just had an intake of new students. I had 8 people on the waiting list since last June.

Created a Saturday class because my Thursday and Tuesday were getting too full.

One new student told me that he can only train on Saturday because he still trains some other martial arts in the week nights.

The good heart in me was like: it is OK. I will give you a discount and you can train once a week. It is the good nature and the romantized idea that bjj is for everyone. Etc.

But later on as I reflect on my good gesture. I was like: "what the hell did I say!". It should not be my problem if he still wants to do some other martial in the week night,. Why am I giving away that spot on my Saturday class to someone that does not want to commit and he think his other martial art is more important! I have other people on the waiting list wanting that spot.

I understand it is kind of topic but it shows how I value my time teaching Bjj.

Note: gang member in my country are meth manufacturer and dealer. Why would you want these guys in your mats?

At my gym we had a biker gang guy (you can tell from his tats) and he is also brown belt. dude got kicked out of AOJ after he got into a fist fight with one of his training partners...on the mat. AOJ was his 4th gym in 6 years.

I used to train with some guys who were in the mafia.

The first week at my old gym, one of them took off their gi top and had yakuza tattoos. I said, "Oh, mafia hahaha".

He got super quiet, his face scrunched up, and I think he muttered something to himself.

About a year later someone told me, "You know so and so is in the mafia, right?"

I was like

{<doc}

I started thinking about it: lives in a hotel on the beach that costs $ 2,000 a night, has an expensive new car every couple of months, has a small yacht, flies first class to Seoul for comps. when it was a 3 hour train ride, etc.

Now he owns his own gym.

So you would rather train gang members that sell drugs.

Like I said to each is own.

I know gyms that do the above.

i know right? Big fucking deal. Who cares. I grew up in a very bad neighborhood. People don't give a fuck about you if you're a fucking nobody. Just mind your own fucking business, don't be a snitch, and be cool with everyone and you're good. Otherwise, you're gonna get shot. DUH!
There's a lot of truth to this that born and bred suburban people will usually never fully understand. It makes for funny people watching

EDIT: Don't agree with Ken on the opinion of cops..

But as someone who actually works with low income kids who are sometimes in gangs or have records, seeing the attitudes of people who call themselves "true martial artists" is amusing. Same type of people who vote against school levies then wonder why the neighborhood keeps getting worse

Last edited:

Kenpeters8 is a pretty active troll. Don't bother.

From what I have seen and from my experience, cops over abuse force because they do not have the skill or ability to competently defend themselves, so they take it to level ten right off the bat. I am 100% confident that just about all of my highschool wrestlers could take on most of the police or sheriffs in my town.

Now, conversely, I have seen officers of the law who I train with on the job and no doubt, they are much more level headed and averse to hurting people because they know they wont have much threat of damage vs the average drunk, junkie, or guy who isnt 100% compliant.

amen ^

it seems like the cops lacking fitness immediately default to "I NEED TO MANHANDLE/SHOOT THIS PERSON BECAUSE I FEAR FOR MY LIFE" whereas those who train are like "what's the smallest amount of force i need to subdue this person?"

granted you don't wanna be dicking around with someone too much when there's a loaded gun on your hip, but this whole 'warrior cop' bullshit that manifested out of the Dinkheller incident isn't really helping anyone...

I trained pretty extensively with ta friend of my coach who was out on parole with an opiates conviction. Ankle monitor was obvious and massive. Obviously a shifty dude but an old friend of the coache's so the coach even let him crash at the gym for a while. Morning class found him dead of an OD in the lobby a month or two later. Bad times all around.

Back