Dragonlord's 2017 Movie Guide / Your Most Anticipated Films of 2017

(Multiple Votes) What Movies Are You Most Looking Forward in 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Top 20 Most Anticipated Films of 2017
(Click on the links to see the trailers)

1. Kong: Skull Island – Love the giant monster genre and the two trailers that have been released so far have been terrific. Can’t wait to see how this will lead to Kong vs. Godzilla in 2020.

2. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – Ah, the sequel to ‘Movie Nobody Cares About Except Me.’ Director Matthew Vaughn and the cast are back and that’s good enough for me. Also, this is the first time Vaughn is directing a sequel to one of his movies.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Sequel seems to have twice as fun with the addition of Ego the Living Planet (Kurt Russell), new team members like Mantis and of course the absolutely adorable Baby Groot.

4. Logan – Trailer sold me which by the way is my favorite trailer I’ve seen this year. Hugh Jackman’s supposedly last appearance as Wolverine promises to be dramatic and emotional.

5. John Wick: Chapter 2 – Yeah, I think he’s back. Chapter 2 promises more gun-fu ballet action, new interesting, sinister characters and explore the rich and fascinating underworld of assassins.

6. Justice League

7. Wonder Woman

8. Blade Runner 2049

9. Star Wars: Episode VIII

10. Alien: Covenant

11. Thor: Ragnarok

12. Ghost in the Shell

13. Spider-Man: Homecoming

14. War for the Planet of the Apes

15. The Dark Tower

16. Power Rangers

17. The Fate of the Furious

18. The Mummy

19. Dunkirk

20. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Others:

Sleepless, Split, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, The Space Between Us, The LEGO Batman Movie, The Great Wall, A Cure for Wellness, Patient Zero, T2 Trainspotting, The Wall, The Belko Experiment, Free Fire, CHiPs, Life, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Baywatch, Dunkirk, Coldest City, Baby Driver, It, American Made, The Snowman, God Particle, Murder on the Orient Express, Jumanji, The Six Billion Dollar Man
I'm with you on the Kingsman sequel! From the previews I had zero interest in the first one. But then when it came out I went to see it since it had such good word of mouth and it delivered! I am not into the Kong movie, but if it turns out good I will go see it, but the rest of your top 5 is the 4 I voted for.

Last edited:
My Top 20 Most Anticipated Films of 2017
(Click on the links to see the trailers)

2. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – Ah, the sequel to ‘Movie Nobody Cares About Except Me.’ Director Matthew Vaughn and the cast are back and that’s good enough for me. Also, this is the first time Vaughn is directing a sequel to one of his movies.

DL,
Happy New Year, btw.

I agree with 95% of your list, one question though, why place this kiddie-teenie-action flick sequel so high up your list?

The only 2 good moments in the first part were the Colin Firth "Church berserker showdown" and this:

Voted for Logan.

I'm just hoping please get it right, this is Jackman's Swan Song as wolverine.

Convenant, gotg2 and others too.

I guess my least favorite is Fast and the furious I'll wait till i can watch it on online.

DL,
Happy New Year, btw.
Happy new year to you too.

I agree with 95% of your list, one question though, why place this kiddie-teenie-action flick sequel so high up your list?
The first Kingsman was one of my favorite movies of 2015. It was super fun and the action scenes were outstanding. And with director Matthew Vaughn coming back, there's some assurance that the sequel is in good hands.

Happy new year to you too.

The first Kingsman was one of my favorite movies of 2015. It was super fun and the action scenes were outstanding. And with director Matthew Vaughn coming back, there's some assurance that the sequel is in good hands.

tbh, I meself didn't expect the first part to be much fun, but I was pleasantly surprised. Action-wise it was great, however, I'm really not much into the "kid-turned-bond" plot. Anywho, will be checking the sequel not expecting much, we'll see.

as always, thank you for the amount of effort you put into these. These are probably my favourite thread of the year.

Well, looks like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is Sherdog's most anticipated film of 2017.

Worrying that nobody is talking about Life.

Weekend Box Office:

HIDDEN FIGURES' $22.8M Narrowly Beat ROGUE ONE's $22.1M

2qis35t.jpg

Empowered women and outer space dominated the North American box office over the weekend as Theodore Melfi's biographical drama Hidden Figures orbited past Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to win the race with $22.8 million from 2,471 theaters as it expanded nationwide, versus $22.1 million for Rogue One in its fourth weekend from 4,157 locations.

Sunday morning estimates had showed the two films all but tying for the No. 1 spot with roughly $22 million each, but Hidden Figures did more business than expected throughout the day. (Most rival studios showed Hidden Figures narrowly beating Rogue One all along. The stand-alone Star Wars story is hardly a slouch, though, having stayed atop the chart for three consecutive weekends.)

Nabbing a coveted A+ CinemaScore, Hidden Figures stars Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer and Janelle Monae as the real-life African-American mathematicians who helped NASA put the first men into space even while having to endure a segregated workplace. Their story, however, had been obscured for decades.

Rogue One, the stand-alone Star Wars movie starring Felicity Jones, has now earned a massive $477.3 million domestically and is virtually guaranteed of crossing the $500 million mark. The pic easily won the foreign weekend race with $56.6 million, including a China bow of $31 million, for a offshore total of $437.1 million and global tally of $914.4 million.

Universal and Illumination Entertainment's animated tentpole Sing wasn't far behind Rogue One and Hidden Figures in North America, grossing $20.7 million from 3,955 theaters as it zoomed past the $200 million mark domestically. Overseas, the family hit took in $26.4 million from 61 territories for a global cume north of $260 million, including $213.4 million in North America.

Screen Gems' Underworld: Blood Wars, the fifth installment in the vampire hunter series, followed at No. 4 with an underwhelming launch of $13.7 million from 3,070 theaters. The film earned a B+ CinemaScore. Costing a net $35 million to make, Blood Wars is faring better overseas, where it has earned $45 million to date with numerous major markets still to open.

Final Box Office: 'Hidden Figures' Beats 'Rogue One' With $22.8M

Not in any particular order:
GotG - 2
Spider-Man
Logan
Thor
GitS
Wonderwoman
Alien
Bladerunner

Back