Dragonlord's 2017 Movie Guide / Your Most Anticipated Films of 2017

(Multiple Votes) What Movies Are You Most Looking Forward in 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Out of all of those it's Star Wars and guardians of the galaxy. I'd say ghost in the shell as well, but I haven't seen the anime version (was going to watch it), but I'm thinking of waiting for the film instead. Good list bro!

Watch this and then tell me you aren't hyped for this one:

Watch this and then tell me you aren't hyped for this one:

Call me crazy but I didn't see aliens in that list. THIS is hype!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing bro, I didn't know magneto was going to be in the film. That's a plus!

These are in a very loose order because I don't really think much in termz of rank or order n stuff, but I did feel it out a bit & put em close. There are a bunch more Dragon listed that I will watch though.

Star Wars 8
Pirates of the Caribbean
King Arthur movie (director Guy Ritchie) (what?)
Thor
John Wick
Guardians of the Galaxy
Logan
xXx
Jumanji
Fate of the Furious
Ghost in a shell
Transformers
Valerian
Wonder Woman
Power Rangers
Six Billion Dollar Man

I don't really get into horror much any more... but these are interesting & I look forward to watching them:
Rings, Resident Evil, Underworld, & Friday the 13th

There are several comedies that stuck out to me as well.
Bad Moms, Monster Trucks, Bastards, Snatched, Rock that Body, The War with Grandpa, Despicable Me 3

Last edited:
I voted for the new Alien movie but could have gone for Ghost in the Shell.

Quite a few that look pretty good.

These are in a very loose order because I don't really think much in termz of rank or order n stuff, but I did feel it out a bit & put em close. There are a bunch more Dragon listed that I will watch though.

Star Wars 8
Pirates of the Caribbean
King Arthur movie (director Guy Ritchie) (what?)
Thor
John Wick
Guardians of the Galaxy
Logan
xXx
Jumanji
Fate of the Furious
Ghost in a shell
Transformers
Valerian
Wonder Woman
Power Rangers
Six Billion Dollar Man

I don't really get into horror much any more... but these are interesting & I look forward to watching them:
Rings, Resident Evil, Underworld, & Friday the 13th

There are several comedies that stuck out to me as well.
Bad Moms, Monster Trucks, Bastards, Snatched, Rock that Body, The War with Grandpa, Despicable Me 3

I forgot about this 2:

Pirates of the Caribbean
King Arthur movie (director Guy Ritchie)

They should be cool.

Also Transformers :D really ?

BASTARDS

Release Date: January 27, 2017

Genre: Comedy

Director: Lawrence Sher (feature film directorial debut)

Cast: Owen Wilson, Ed Helms, Glenn Close, J. K. Simmons, Ving Rhames, June Squibb, Katie Aselton, Retta, Katt Williams, Bill Irwin and Terry Bradshaw

Synopsis: Upon learning that their mother has been lying to them for years about their allegedly deceased father, two fraternal twin brothers hit the road in order to find him.

looks p
romising

COLLIDE

Release Date: February 3, 2017

Genre: Crime Action Drama

Director: Eran Creevy (Welcome to the Punch)

Cast: Nicholas Hoult, Felicity Jones, Anthony Hopkins, and Ben Kingsley

Synopsis: To pay for his girlfriend's (Jones) medical emergency while abroad, Casey (Hoult) schemes to pull a drug heist for an eccentric gangster (Kingsley). After a failed attempt, he embarks across Europe on an action-packed chase in a race against time to save his girlfriend's life from being taken by an evil druglord (Hopkins).

Ben Kinglsey wearing the RocknRolla shades

FIST FIGHT

Release Date: February 17, 2017

Genre: Comedy

Director: Richie Keen (feature film directorial debut)

Cast: Ice Cube, Charlie Day, Christina Hendricks, Dennis Haysbert, Tracy Morgan, Jillian Bell, and Dean Norris

Synopsis: On the last day of the year, mild-mannered high school English teacher Andy Campbell (Day) is trying his best to keep it together amidst senior pranks, a dysfunctional administration and budget cuts that put jobs on the line. But things go from bad to worse when he accidentally crosses his much tougher and deeply feared colleague, Ron Strickland (Cube), who challenges Campbell to an old-fashioned throw down after school. News of the fight spreads like wildfire and ends up becoming the very thing this school, and Campbell, needed.

also looks promising!

Thread is now open.

Happy new year, everybody. <cheer>

great work every year DL!

I forgot about this 2:

Pirates of the Caribbean
King Arthur movie (director Guy Ritchie)

They should be cool.

Also Transformers :D really ?
Transformerz moviez of late have not been at the level I would prefer... which is why it's lower on my list... but transformers movies have a certain something special about them just from the back story & great transformational graphics & so I'm still all in for them.

the real question you should be asking yourself is why you got no John Wick on your list :cool:

I mean... just when you think you know someone... they pull some sh*t like this.

<{nope}>

Transformerz moviez of late have not been at the level I would prefer... which is why it's lower on my list... but transformers movies have a certain something special about them just from the back story & great transformational graphics & so I'm still all in for them.

the real question you should be asking yourself is why you got no John Wick on your list :cool:

I mean... just when you think you know someone... they pull some sh*t like this.

<{nope}>

I'm down for John Wick but not top 10 down you know rankings and stuff you don't like. :D

My Top 10 in no particular order but in this order.
Thor 3
John Wick 2
War on Ape World
Lego Batman
Star Wars Ep 8
GOTG 2
Alien
Spider-Man
GitS
Kingsman 2

Will put together some my RT ranks that I've gathered the pass 3 years.

I only average about 2-4 movies a year, so if I had to pick them they'd be:

Episode VIII
Logan
Maybe Thor
Maybe, maybe Alien Covenant (I'd be all in if Prometheus wasn't a pile of shit)

Yikes, not really looking forward that much to any of this shit.

Fincher, Tarantino, come soon, cuz I barely holdin' on

As I have done since I believe 2013 I checked Rotten Tomatoes to see how many people have the top movies of the year on their 'Want to See' list.

Alien: 22K
Blade Runner: 913 (Current Sherdog #3)
Dark Tower: 11K
F8: 2K
GitS: 13K
GOTG 2: 29K (#2) (Current Sherdog #1)
John Wick 2: 11K
Justice League: 40K (#1)
Kingsman: 934
Kong: 6K
Logan: 10K
Star Wars 8: 4K (Current Sherdog #2)
War Apes: 2K
Wonder Woman: 14K
Thor 3: 5K
Lego Batman: 9K
Spider-Man: 25K (#3)

Last January the Top 3 Rotten Tomatoes movies were...
1. Finding Dory (1.03B, #2 worldwide, #1 domestic)
2. Batman v Superman (873M, #6 worldwide, #8 domestic)
3. Deadpool (783M, #7 worldwide, #6 domestic)

and Sherdog's were...
1. Captain America: Civil War (1.15B, #1 worldwide, #2 domestic) Rogue One will pass soon

I'll redo the list in early March as I've done in the past to see what movies have gained traction before the big ones hit.

Last edited:
Yikes, not really looking forward that much to any of this shit.

Fincher, Tarantino, come soon, cuz I barely holdin' on
Hope you make a supercut of a Tarantino film and remove all the profanities. I'd like to see what that looks like. :D

As I have done since I believe 2013 I checked Rotten Tomatoes to see how many people have the top movies of the year on their 'Want to See' list.

Alien: 22K
Blade Runner: 913 (Current Sherdog #3)
Dark Tower: 11K
F8: 2K
GitS: 13K
GOTG 2: 29K (#2) (Current Sherdog #1)
John Wick 2: 11K
Justice League: 40K (#1)
Kingsman: 934
Kong: 6K
Logan: 10K
Star Wars 8: 4K (Current Sherdog #2)
War Apes: 2K
Wonder Woman: 14K
Thor 3: 5K
Lego Batman: 9K
Spider-Man: 25K (#3)

Last January the Top 3 Rotten Tomatoes movies were...
1. Finding Dory (1.03B, #2 worldwide, #1 domestic)

and Sherdog's were...
1. Captain America: Civil War (1.15B, #1 worldwide, #2 domestic) Rogue One will pass soon

I'll redo the list in early March as I've done in the past to see what movies have gained traction before the big ones hit.
Thanks for this. Always look forward to seeing your annual RT stats.

Most anticipated movie of 2017:

Sherdog - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Rotten Tomatoes - Justice League
Fandango - Star Wars: Episode VIII

I knew Guardians would win your poll. If the plage was contained to GotG, it would be great. Unfortunately, it is not and the whole Hollywood is now infected: I speak of course of the "1 one-liner every 30 seconds" rule, established by GotG. It's cool in Guardians but now, everyfuckingbody does it. It sickens me.

2308771e5d13dd30f246072d139c014569fb7d5420111c3971f602495d5870f9.jpg

I know I repeat myself but something's sure: 2017 is "gonna leave a mark!"

-Winks at camera, crowd erupts in laughter. A saga has been announced: 28 movies, spinoffs and stand-alone should be coming before 2018 dawns.

That being said, a lot of promising movies in the OP poll. The Resistance is beginning to stand up!

Maybe we can defeat them and finally scream: "that's what I call a crash landing, Captain!"

Back