downtown la is absolutely terrible

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I was in LA cause my plane to japan departs from lax. My bud lives in palos verdes and was my tour guide for the weekend.

To my surprise i liked it a lot , for the most part is clean and people is nicer than ny. I had a pleasant stay. Uber and food are way cheaper here than ny.

That being said, downtown la is an absolute shithole full of junkies, trash and the whole place smells like shit. Why? has it always been like that? Venice beach is trash as fuck too.

Im in tokyo now for the first time. It truly is the pinacle of civilization. Clean, developed , organized, great food. Its an amazing country.

Venice is like every other beach town in America. Pure trash. Downtown is shit too, but hidden with a pretentious art and music scene. Hollywood and Santa Monica are great substitutes to the other trashy parts even though Hollywood could be pretty trashy. What am I saying, all cities in America have their trashy parts.

Thats what being a sanctuary city does to a place...
It was prob a high quality place in the 70s .

Most of those super "Progressive & Hip" cities tend to just be overpriced shit holes, Seattle is the same way imo.

It's largely a smelly shithole but there are some cool places if you look hard enough

I was in LA cause my plane to japan departs from lax. My bud lives in palos verdes and was my tour guide for the weekend.

To my surprise i liked it a lot , for the most part is clean and people is nicer than ny. I had a pleasant stay. Uber and food are way cheaper here than ny.

That being said, downtown la is an absolute shithole full of junkies, trash and the whole place smells like shit. Why? has it always been like that? Venice beach is trash as fuck too.

Im in tokyo now for the first time. It truly is the pinacle of civilization. Clean, developed , organized, great food. Its an amazing country.

yeah, most people don't recommend hanging out in skid row.

It's because Tokyo is a hegemons population and populations that tend to be alike in looks, culture, and genetics do better than multicultural ones.

Venice is like every other beach town in America. Pure trash. Downtown is shit too, but hidden with a pretentious art and music scene. Hollywood and Santa Monica are great substitutes to the other trashy parts even though Hollywood could be pretty trashy. What am I saying, all cities in America have their trashy parts.

yeah, l.a. is weird in how there are certain pockets of great neighborhoods scattered within filth and trash. i really only visit and hang out around the santa monica/westwood/west hollywood neighborhoods.

The lights are much brighter there. You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares. So go downtown.

I was surprised how small/quiet LA downtown was.

That just seems odd coming from someone living in Sydney - Australia, I presume? - since the Metro area of LA has over half the population of all of Australia. I mean, fair enough, but it still seems odd.

All of LA is a shithole .. Hollywood is a tourist trap with bums every where

That just seems odd coming from someone living in Sydney - Australia, I presume? - since the Metro area of LA has over half the population of all of Australia. I mean, fair enough, but it still seems odd.
Talking downtown itself not the wider metro area. Sydney has far more high rises as a kid going to LA i just expected it to be bigger than where i came from.

Why you fools never consider the underbelly?

Take a flight to Seoul while you're there. Also an amazing city and half hte price of Tokyo. I remember Seoul to Tokyo flights for like $75. If you want cheap flights, look at individual smaller foreign airlines listed on google where it says "no data for this flight" or something, not just the prices it gives you. you can find some deals

Neat. I just visited a 30 million person city that had nothing close to that
In another country. They probably have similar laws to those cities that don't allow people who are homeless to live anywhere. How hypocritical is that? The same people who talk about wanting small government also want the government to arrest people simply because they are homeless and they exist.

So what should we do with them? They have to live somewhere. Talikng shit about "liberal sanctuary cities" and blaming every single problem any major American city has on liberals sounds great as long as you don't think. But once you think about it for a second you realize how fucking stupid that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back